Question about early years reruns contract situation

Sally Keating

Just had a look on 7Plus and for those in Australia Tom David Michael And Ailsa’s deaths are available to watch there’s also a section called Home and Away Shocking moments which includes the 1995 plane crash a bomb blast ep from 1996 Cyclone Raymond (97?) and the Diner hold up from 1998 while not a full repeat run at least some key episodes are available to stream 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be good if they got their contract issue in order, they should have began work on that prior to the hiatus (maybe a few years prior), so the show could have kept going. We'd be nearing the end of 1998 now.

• 4 months later...
On 02/12/2019 at 21:40, Bobby Forever Missed said:

Just had a look on 7Plus and for those in Australia Tom David Michael And Ailsa’s deaths are available to watch there’s also a section called Home and Away Shocking moments which includes the 1995 plane crash a bomb blast ep from 1996 Cyclone Raymond (97?) and the Diner hold up from 1998 while not a full repeat run at least some key episodes are available to stream 

It's good they're available at all I guess. Thanks for sharing.

• 1 month later...
On 24/05/2020 at 19:45, CaptainHulk said:

I get a faint whiff of BS on that...

Exactly. If poor ratings WERE the reason, why not just say that? Then we wouldn't all be scratching our heads over this messy, tangled, and nonsensical "legal issues" thing.

"Episodes from this point on can no longer be repeated. Apart from, you know, when they're repeated."

The whole "poor ratings" was my idea why it the reruns were cancelled even back three years ago (it's the 29th of May today), but, with all the replies here, my thoughts have changed. But, it is strange how the owners of H&A can't seem to work out a proper agreement with one of their child TV channels. The agreement should have been settled before 1996 even debuted on 7TWO.

Though, being honest, I would have most likely dropped watching it once 2000 rolled around.

Archived