When will Lucy Addario's reign end?

Skylover

23 hours ago, Matt said:

The main difference to understand about Susan Bower's role as Executive Producer on Neighbours and Lucy's role as Series Producer on Home and Away, is that Susan overlooked both story and production, while Lucy only overlooks production...

So she’d be in overall charge of the production team, which would include the story team, but wouldn’t have day to day input into the story direction?

Wouldn’t being in charge of the Production give her a say if she wasn’t happy with the way the story was going?

5 hours ago, c120701 said:

So she’d be in overall charge of the production team, which would include the story team, but wouldn’t have day to day input into the story direction?

Wouldn’t being in charge of the Production give her a say if she wasn’t happy with the way the story was going?

Production and story department are two separate entities. In a sense, the Script Producer and Series Producer are both in charge of their own departments.

'Production', in a sense, encompasses everything from direction onwards. Before that, story, script and editing is all done under the 'Story' umbrella.

On 31/07/2018 at 11:03, Matt said:

Production and story department are two separate entities. In a sense, the Script Producer and Series Producer are both in charge of their own departments.

'Production', in a sense, encompasses everything from direction onwards. Before that, story, script and editing is all done under the 'Story' umbrella.

Ultimately who is in charge of the finished product? Is there one person?

4 hours ago, c120701 said:

Ultimately who is in charge of the finished product? Is there one person?

The blocks are edited with the director, and then the producer gives the okay on the edited product in-house. However, it also has to be given the okay by network executives, like the Head of Drama as well. Ultimately, input has been given on the block by the Script Producer, and because plotting is so far in advance, it’s necessary for their involvement because you can’t cut “just anything”. So no, there’s not just one person involved.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It seems the River Boys were quite popular and they keep trying to revisit that by bring in new River Boys and having storylines including them, which is very sad as the time has passed. They really need a new chapter/idea for the show. I would like to see the show return back to real issues with real people. Not pointless characters with no personalities and having unrealistic storylines which people dont really care about. For me as a viewer, I simply don't care about most of the characters in the show. The character of Mason seems pointless. He is way too good looking and looks nothing like his siblings. He has boring storylines and his character offers nothing to the show. It's a shame but this is how his character was written - plain and boring. Justin is another example. Could be a great character but he is always angry and involved in dumb storylines which makes me not care about him or his storylines.

30 minutes ago, greg098 said:

It seems the River Boys were quite popular and they keep trying to revisit that by bring in new River Boys and having storylines including them, which is very sad as the time has passed. They really need a new chapter/idea for the show. I would like to see the show return back to real issues with real people. Not pointless characters with no personalities and having unrealistic storylines which people dont really care about. For me as a viewer, I simply don't care about most of the characters in the show. The character of Mason seems pointless. He is way too good looking and looks nothing like his siblings. He has boring storylines and his character offers nothing to the show. It's a shame but this is how his character was written - plain and boring. Justin is another example. Could be a great character but he is always angry and involved in dumb storylines which makes me not care about him or his storylines.

I think Mason has almost pretty much run his course like rest of his family.

Archived