Till We Meet Again (Part One)

Chair

Here is Chapter Nine:

Chapter Nine

Selina travelled all over the world and was now in England. Steven was constantly on her mind. She didn't know if he felt the same way. She always was very happy when she got an e-mail from Steven. It happened most days but not every day. Those days where there wasn't an e-mail she did not feel as happy and her smile didn't quite go from ear to ear.

Selina was in Leeds and was happy to receive an e-mail from Steven.

Hi Selina!

Hope you're well. All is well here. Phoned Pippa last night and all is well back in Summer Bay. I'm so glad I've got back in touch with her. I was pleased you encouraged me to go and talk to her.

Are you having a good time in England? Where is the next place to visit after England? Wales, Ireland, Scotland? Or have you considered going to other parts of Europe as well as Greece? I've heard that Paris has some lovely sights. There are so many lovely places all over Europe.

Best wishes

Steven

Selina read that e-mail over and over again, wondering what the best way to reply was. In the end, she decided to just go for it. If she didn't try she would never know!

Hi Steven!

I would love to visit Paris. From what I've heard Paris is the most romantic city in the world. The only thing is when I go to Paris I don't want to go by myself. I want my boyfriend to take me. I want to enjoy the most romantic city in the world with my boyfriend, not by myself.

Would you consider being the man to take me to Paris one day? If you would be willing to take me to Paris, I'll wait till you are able to take me to Paris.

Also yes that is me asking you if you would consider being my boyfriend.  I still have feelings for you, I don't believe those feelings ever went away.  What do you think?

The answer is up to you.

love

Selina x

Now all Selina had to do was wait for an answer.

To be continued...

Thanks for all the lovely comments everyone.  Since this fanfic started, I've known what would happen in the e-mails and the next bit.  I just had to get to this point and put it into words.  It was a lot easier when it was in my head!

Chapter Ten

Selina had a temporary job as a waitress. This was Tuesday and the job was meant to finish on Friday and she planned to move onto London.

She had sent the e-mail to Steven that morning. She hoped that Steven would reply soon.

- - - - - -

After work she returned to the B&B she as staying at.

Selina Roberts?”

Yes that's me. What's up?”

A young man called from Australia earlier today. He has arranged a call here to talk to you at 9 PM here tonight. Are you free?”

Selina felt as if her face was going to split in two as her grin was as wide as the English Channel!

What was the man's name?”

I've got the name right here... Steven Matheson.”

Don't worry – I'll be here. Even if I did plans I would soon cancel them!”

- - - - - -

Hi. Is that Selina?”

His voice was just as she had remembered it.

Hi Steven. How are you? I guess you got my e-mail.”

I'm so happy to hear your voice on the other end of the line. Yes I would like to be your boyfriend. I can't stop thinking about you day or night. I can't wait to show you what I fantasise about doing to you in my dreams.”

I'm so happy you said yes. I was so worried you weren't interested. I can't stop thinking about you either. Everywhere I travel I imagine you standing next to me. We must meet up when I come back to Australia.”

That's the thing Selina. I've arranged with my business partner to look after the company for three weeks. I want to come and join you on your trip for the next three weeks. Also fulfill your dream of taking you to Paris. What do you think?”

I couldn't think of anything I'd like better!”

Sorry I can't be away for longer.”

That's ok. I'm coming towards the end of my travels. I'll head back to Australia with you if you can put up with me on the flight!”

That would be perfect!”

To be continued...

Here is Chapter Eleven.  I promise the reunion will eventually happen in this fanfic.

Chapter Eleven

Selina was so happy that she couldn't stop smiling. She kept pinching herself to make sure she wasn't dreaming and this dream was actually true. Her arm was rather black and blue!

She would finish work on the Friday. She got an e-mail which surprised her.

To my darling Selina

Wow! It feels amazing to write those words now. I have dreamt of writing them to you for so long. You are beautiful, sexy, gorgeous and many more delightful things. You are also beautiful on the inside and the outside. I can't wait to see you and make passionate love to you.

I fly into Heathrow on the Sunday night and land about 6 pm UK time. Are you free for lunch on Monday? I can't wait to see you.

All my love

Steven

xx

Selina decided she couldn't wait till the Monday to see him – she would surprise him instead. She rung his secretary, Carol and had a lovely conversation with her. She got all of Steven's flight details ready to surprise him.

The plan was to spend a few days in London before heading over to Paris.

- - - - - -

Selina was surprised to get an e-mail from Shannon the next day.

Hi Selina!

I know this is short notice but I've got some big news.

No – I'm not getting married! I've talked to Mandy and she has convinced me to come to Paris. There are so many writing opportunities over there.

I've spoken to Steven and the timings work out ok. You will spend some time together in Paris then Mandy and I will arrive.

I would really like to meet up with you. If it's easier we could meet in London.

I've missed you and would be great to see you. I promise you we will meet up again in the future. I will return to Summer Bay at some time in the future.

Shannon

- - - - - -

Selina was really pleased that she would see Shannon. She e-mailed Shannon and Steven to say that would be fine.

To be continued...

Thanks for all the lovely comments.  I promise  that Steven and Selina will meet soon!  This chapter needed to happen though and it refused to happen earlier in the story or later so here it is:

Warning:  Does contain an in character swear word.

Chapter Twelve

Steven had been wanting to talk to Irene before he met up with Selina to try and clear the air, if that was possible. She wasn't there when he visited (he couldn't keep turning up to try and pester her!) and he was worried the opportunity wouldn't arise.

Therefore he couldn't believe his luck when he saw Irene sitting outside a coffee shop in the City on the Friday. He had no idea what she was doing in the City but he wasn't going to pass up this opportunity.

“Hello Irene.”

“God help us. Look what the cat dragged in. I heard you'd been back in town. Just my luck to run into you in the City.”

Always a pleasure to see you too Irene. What brings you here?”

“Chloe. Open Day.”

“I hope she has a good time. I actually wanted to talk to you Irene.”

“Look I know I'm not your favourite person after everything that's happened.”

“You're not wrong there.”

“I'm flying out tomorrow to meet up with Selina and we're going to make a go of things.”

“But you were her teacher!”

“But I'm not anymore. I have always cared for Selina. We fell in love at the wrong time when I was her teacher. I was willing to give up my job and I even wrote a resignation letter on my laptop. If you don't believe me I still have it saved with the original date on the laptop.”

“Ok ok I believe you about that b****y letter.”

“Selina talked me out of resigning. I now wish that I had resigned. I've made a new career for myself. I love Selina and I want what's best for her and me.”

“And I guess you want my approval?”

“I'm not expecting miracles Irene. I just want a chance to put the past behind us please and prove that I do love Selina and am not taking advantage of her. I would do anything for her.”

“Ok. I will give you that chance. She's over 18 anyway. It will take a lot and I won't give you an easy ride ok? Is it possible that Selina will move in with you when she comes to uni next year?”

“That's up to Selina. We haven't discussed it yet. If that's what she wants I would love for her to move in with me. She's her own woman though. I can't make that decision for her.”

“Ok. The red carpet won't be out when you return but I won't stand in your way. Also, I was about to post this letter to her. Could you hand deliver it please?”

“Of course Irene. See you back in Summer Bay.”

To be continued...

Here is that resignation letter.  This is the first time I have ever written a fanfic / drabble (I've written ones for different genres) where the characters have written themselves!  I'm finding it exciting!  I didn't realise the letter would be mentioned until the words flowed into the fanfic as I was typing it.

26 Bailey Street

Summer Bay

18th March 1996

Dear Department of Education

I wish to tender my position of Maths teacher at Summer Bay High as with immediate effect.

I have fallen in love with Selina Roberts. I know this is inconvenient in my position of responsibility. I cannot deny my feelings anymore for her and therefore it would be wrong for me to carry on my position of teaching. I love her very much and have chosen her over my career.

I hope all goes well at Summer Bay High in the future. I will collect my things and leave the school today.

Yours faithfully

Steven Matheson

Thank you for the lovely comments.  I really appreciate this.  I will be on holiday from tomorrow for a week with limited access.  I might occasionally pop on the forum but will update when I return.

Warning:  Contains sexual themes

Chapter Thirteen

This was it! Steven was flying to England from Dubai and would see Selina soon. He couldn't wait to see her for lunch and was counting down the hours.

- - - - - -

Selina was surprising Steven by waiting for him by the arrivals gate at Heathrow. In one of his Maths lessons she had discovered that he had a love of Aero chocolate bars. Selina was standing there waiting for him with a big bar of Aero.

She waited and waited. Finally she caught the sight of his face. He was just staring straight ahead, not looking for her of course.

“Only fifteen hours until I see her again.”

“Is right now ok?”

Steven didn't even need to wordlessly nod. The way he gazed at her gave her his answer as he took her into his arms and kissed her passionately. She kissed him back. It felt so good to be back in his arms.

“I love you Selina.”

“I love you Steven.”

- - - - - -

They had dinner together and then headed to the room Steven had booked for the night. It wasn't a problem for Selina to be added to the room booking.

Once in the room they didn't need to rush. They slowly started to take each other's clothes off and rediscovered each other.

- - - - - -

Afterwards they snuggled up to each other. Selina whispered in Steven's ear.

“That was just as wonderful as I remembered.”

“Same here.”

“I love you Steven.”

“I love you Selina.”

To be continued...

I had a lovely holiday.  Thank you for all the lovely comments.  I would have included this scene before but I wanted to check it was allowed in an 'A' rated fiction.  Also the last scene was a good place to leave the story before I went on holiday.

I am moving on the story a bit.  I have had some more ideas for the story.  (Actually the characters wouldn't leave me alone during my holiday and were very keen to get me to tell their story!)

Warning: Contains a sexual scene

Chapter Fourteen

Steven and Selina had a day visiting the Science Museum, V&A Museum and the Natural History Museum in London. They headed back to their accommodation.

I have a surprise for you back in the hotel room Steven.”

A surprise? Tell me more.”

You've have to wait and see. Let's just say the package arrived this morning and it was forwarded on from my last address.”

They got back to their accommodation.

Selina got out a nrses outfit.

Up in Leeds Iwas invited to an Ann Summers party. There was a catalogue of outfits to choose from. I thought you might like the nurses outfit.”

Steven did like the nurses outfit and helped Selina into it...

- - - - - -

That night Selina had a dream. She dreamt of a wedding invitation inviting guests to her and Steven's wedding. The date of the wedding was

Sunday 8th August 1998

Selina was even more sure now that Steven was the man she wanted to marry.

- - - - - -

Steven wanted to marry Selina one day. He just had to find the right time and place to propose

To be continued...

Thanks for the lovely comments.  I couldn't resist a soppy scene.  Steven and Selina never answered some of these questions onscreen so they have been answered in this fanfic instead.

Warning:  Bedroom scene.  Soppy scene coming up!

Chapter Fourteen

Selina kept dreaming the same dream every night of the wedding invitation giving the date of her and Steven's wedding. She even dreamt of the church with all their friends and family outside. It wasn't the Summer Bay Church though. Where was the church?

- - - - - -

Selina and Steven travelled to Dover. They stopped off to visit Rochester Castle and Cathedral and Canterbury Cathedral.

The night before they were due to travel on the Eurostar to Paris, they snuggled up next to each other in bed.

“Steven I'm so glad I was honest in that e-mail about my feelings for you. Ok I get to see Shannon in Paris but I also get to spend time just you and me. I originally was going to wait till I get back to Australia to admit my feelings for you face to face.”

“I was going to wait as well. I kept dreaming of holding you in my arms. I'm glad you were honest. I needed a holiday and I probably wouldn't have taken it due to the hospital contract. I was just wanting to hold you and the only thing keeping me sane was keeping on working. I love you so much Selina. I always have done”

“I love you too Steven. Jesse cheated on me and I wasn't at all bothered. I just knew it was over. I went travelling and every place I went I would think of you and I being there together. I would dream of you, wake up thinking of you and go to sleep thinking of you.”

“I never stopped loving you Selina. I just knew the time wasn't right for us when we first got together. We were teacher and student. Now that we're not we can be together.”

“What about when I left school? Could we have got together then? Or was it because I was with Jesse?”

“Admittedly when I left Summer Bay I wasn't in the right head space. If you had come to me and said you'd split up with Jesse and wanted to be with me things would have been different.

“I hadn't admitted back then how much I loved you and my feelings for you never went away deep down Steven.”

“That's ok Selina. My feelings for you never went away either. I needed to go away and work out what I needed to do next. Starting my own computer company was the right thing. Then I realised I needed you in my life and my life wasn't complete without you.”

“I love you Steven Matheson.”

“I love you too Selina Roberts.”

To be continued...

Thanks for the lovely comments.  If anyotne has any questions unanswered that Steven and Selina can answer in this fanfic, please ask them.

Chapter Sixteen

Shannon and Mandy flew to Paris. Shannon couldn't wait to start her new life in Paris. She was looking forward to spending time with Mandy and exploring Paris. She also couldn't wait to see Selina after all this time.

- - - - - -

As Mandy and Shannon came through the arrivals gate, she searched the crowd eagerly for Steven and Selina.

Shannon!”

Shannon ran up to Selina and they exchanged a good long hug.

It's so good to see you Selina. What have you done with Steven? Have you grown tired of him already?”

Oh no! Nothing like that. Steven agreed beforehand with Mandy that they would head off. It would give us a chance to catch up over a coffee here.”

Sounds good to me. That is so sweet and thoughtful of Steven. Oh by the way I've got a letter for you from Irene. She sends her love.”

It's so great to catch up with you before I head back to Australia. As I said to Steven I've come to the end of my travels and am ready to head back.”

Let's go and start planning things to do whilst you're here!”

To be continued...

This fanfic will continue but in Part Two. (I'm not sure what the title will be yet.)  Thank you for all the lovely comments.  Also Selina insisted on writing this chapter from her POV.

(Also I spent part of my holiday trying to work out the dates below and the significance of the date was revealed to me that week.)

Chapter Seventeen

On our last full day in Paris, Steven and I went up the Eiffel Tower. Shannon and Mandy already had plans that day and Steven had wanted to put the Eiffel Tower at the end of our trip.

The view from the top of the Eiffel Tower was amazing. We could see all over Paris. Steven said he was going to pop to the toilet so I carried on looking at the amazing beautiful view.

I suddenly heard a cough and turned around. Steven was down on one knee and holding a box containing a beautiful ring.

“Selina would you do the honour of becoming my wife?”

“Yes!”

I didn't hesitate in answering his question. I was so happy that he proposed and it was the perfect place to be proposed to. We shared a kiss right there and then and the people standing nearby cheered and applauded.

“I love you Selina.”

“I love you too Steven.”

- - - - - -

We sat on a bench afterwards and gazed into each others eyes.

“I'm so glad you said yes Selina. I was so worried you would say no.”

“I made up my mind whilst I was travelling that I wanted to be your wife. I knew we were meant to be and you would hopefully propose when you were ready. I just have a confession to make.”

“What's the confession?

“I've been dreaming about our wedding since you arrived in London. I can already see the date in my head, it has been in every one of my dreams.”

“What's the date?”

“Sunday 9th August 1998.”

To my surprise tears started rolling down Steven's cheeks. We exchanged a hug.

“Steven, what's wrong? Talk to me please.”

“Nothing is wrong Selina. I'm actually feeling emotional. Without realising it the date you have in mind was my parents' wedding anniversary. They got married on Sunday 9th August 1970. Even though they won't physically be at our wedding it feels so special that we're getting married on that date.”

“I'm glad you agree with the date. If you had wanted to change it I would have understood. Is the church still standing that they got married in? If so how about getting married there? In my dreams the church isn't the church in Summer Bay. It possibly could be that church.”

“Yes the church is still standing. What a wonderful idea.”

- - - - - -

We went back to Mandy and Shannon's and shared our wonderful news. |Both women admired my ring. Mandy revealed that actually she had been planning a trip to Australia next year around that time so they would be there.

I was so happy. I had found my perfect man and we were about to head back to Summer Bay.

End of Part One

Comments

• QUIET ACHIEVER changed the title to Till We Meet Again (Part One)

Archived