I'm thinking of watching Neighbours

CaptainTed84

If you're a fan of Home and Away the Early Years, then Neighbours is a lot closer to that than Home and Away now is.

It was super good a couple of years ago, had pretty much the perfect blend  ? of everything and has kind of declined a bit again, but it's still got a good few things from that era hanging on (by "things" I mean everything from characters, writing styles, story choices, character development etc). Like I said it had all these things nailed a few years ago and many people even called it the new "golden era" of the show. It's not quite so good now but some of that stuff has remained (just mixed with some less good stuff).

So yes, give it a go. My advice would be to save up a few episodes (like 1-2 weeks' worth) and give it a binge. then you'll know straight away if you like it or not and you won't have to waste weeks trying to get to know everything and deciding if you like it.

Watch from a certain point onwards, it is good, however be warned that if you don't know some of the storylines there are big ones going on, so I would watch at least little bits of Toadie and Dee from the early 2000's and bits from last year, I won't spoil it, but there is a big storyline that is taking over a year, so get acquainted.

I'd definitely recommend watching as much Toadie/Dee content as you can find.It starts in 2000 but it's a major plot in the current show as well.There was a big time jump though so it's not as daunting as it sounds.Everything else is pretty self explanatory if you watch a few weeks.

In terms of the show itself it's much better than HAA in that the storytelling is much tighter but it can drag at times..The visuals aren't as good though.The beach is seen as rarely as a bikini.

Home and Away is far better at dramatic storylines and they can do storylines without ruining characters. 

But I must admit normally it’s forgotten about in the next episode. 

I think characters are far more down to earth on H&A than Neighbours. 

You totally should. In fact I am starting a podcast about the show and will be giving background storylines past and present throughout eps. 

I love Neighbours and I recommend watching Toadie and Dee stuff from early times and current and I aslo recommend starting also from 2014 upwards to get into it a bit more

On 17/07/2018 at 01:23, ~Lynd~ said:

I'd definitely recommend watching as much Toadie/Dee content as you can find.It starts in 2000 but it's a major plot in the current show as well.There was a big time jump though so it's not as daunting as it sounds.Everything else is pretty self explanatory if you watch a few weeks.

In terms of the show itself it's much better than HAA in that the storytelling is much tighter but it can drag at times..The visuals aren't as good though.The beach is seen as rarely as a bikini.

Sorry but thought the storylines on Neighbours have be very corny as written in the few couple years. Who killed Hamish  was so lame compared to who killed Charlotte and the Robbo having no memory storyline was far stronger then Jack having no money. 

Despite Robbo storyline being more unrealistic but at least it was gripping storyline. 

Archived