Endless Summer: 30 Years of H&A - Tuesday 17th July

John

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was fantastic, I really enjoyed it. I laughed and I cried! It was a lovely trip down memory lane! 

I think Judy came across a bit bitter, Melissa seemed like she knows she messed up and was making up for it, Dannii seems really passionate about the show and of course, Kate and Ray shone!

I watched it. One bugbear is when they show old clips, they always seem a bit blurry and distorted when I know the original broadcast quality was much, much sharper in the 1990s. When I watched the episodes originally in the 1990s they were crisp and clear, like the 7Two reruns.  TV picture quality was still very sharp and good before this HD came in.

Oh my god I love love loved it last night, It was quite emotional because I have seen the majority of the episodes leading up to the current ones so it was kind of a trip down memory lane in a way.

Seeing Alex Papps and Nicole Dickson (Frank and Bobby) and Ray have a mini reunion was so special and it really showed that the original cast from 1988 has one of the strongest casts bonds that Home and Away has ever seen.

Melissa George talking about being on home and away and being offered a position to come back was amazing cause personally Angel was one of my favorite characters and she had some of the most amazing storylines the show has ever done. Just seeing all of the former and current cast talking about their experience on the show was amazing but a part of me wishes they had chosen someone from the current cast that has been on longer rather than Sam Frost given her character has only been on since the season finale last year. I feel like they should have done someone like Jackson Heywood or Sophie Dillman because they've been on a bit longer and Jackson Heywood had to act out Brody's drug addiction storyline last year.

One of my favorite parts was when two of the "locals" Jake Ryan and James Stweart hijacked the tour bus and everyone was so starstruck. If I were on that bus I don't think I would be able to breathe cause they're both 2 of my favorites on the show currently and Jake looked soooo good haha.

Overall it was really well put together and sooo worth the wait!

Were Nicolle & Alex being interviewed in the real life Pier Diner interior?

It was nice to see Dieter & Melissa looking back fondly - and how both they and Ray delicately answered the question about how they got on off-screen.

Do all Australians say debut as dayboo?

Over 100 onscreen deaths in 30 years! Wow, I wonder how many of those are in the last 15?

Judy is the opposite of Kate in that respect. It's a closed chapter to Judy and she has long since moved on, and even at the time, it was "just a job" to her. She never had the emotional attachment or sentimentality that Kate has about it. Kate is like the other end of the spectrum in that regard. But that doesn't mean Judy isn't respectful of the show or her time on it. I don't think she's bitter, she's just very honest and doesn't sugar-coat things. I've seen her in other interviews and that's just how she talks, very direct. I guess when you expect her to be like Ailsa, the difference can seem a bit jarring like she's bitter but  I don't think she is (she certainly has no reason to be).

I wonder why Nicolle is so embarrassed about Fridge-gate. It's funny that she forgot about it until reminded.

During the Chris Hemsworth segment they showed clips of Rachel Armstrong. I had completely forgotten about her. She was a great character.

Melissa's accent could actually suit modern-day Angel considering Angel married a posh-talking millionaire and moved to England.

It's a  shame they couldn't get Justine Clarke back. How funny would it have been to have a scene with Ray where Georgie is meant to walk in as Roo and instead Justine walks in and says the line ?

Not sure what the "never revealed before secrets" were meant to be. Melissa and Dieter hating each other was widely reported at the time, Judy has talked a few times about disliking her exit, *shrugs*.

It's a shame Dieter Brummer hasn't acted too much since. He was a very good actor. It was funny to hear that Melissa still re-watches Shane's death sometimes.

Lynne McGranger being reminded of the ferry disaster was funny.

No tribute to Cornelia is disappointing, but who knows when most of this was put together.

1 hour ago, c120701 said:

Over 100 onscreen deaths in 30 years! Wow, I wonder how many of those are in the last 15?

The figure we gave them (for 1988-2017) was 101 deaths, and those were just ones that were strictly on-screen.

34 of those were from 1988-2002, the remaining 67 from 2003-2017.

1 hour ago, c120701 said:

Were Nicole & Alex being interviewed in the real life Pier Diner interior?

No that wasn't the boathouse, but the real upstairs of the surf club was seen when the cast were singing Happy Birthday.

1 hour ago, Sally Keating said:

Judy is the opposite of Kate in that respect. It's a closed chapter to Judy and she has long since moved on, and even at the time, it was "just a job" to her. She never had the emotional attachment or sentimentality that Kate has about it. Kate is like the other end of the spectrum in that regard. But that doesn't mean Judy isn't respectful of the show or her time on it. I don't think she's bitter, she's just very honest and doesn't sugar-coat things. I've seen her in other interviews and that's just how she talks, very direct. I guess when you expect her to be like Ailsa, the difference can seem a bit jarring like she's bitter but  I don't think she is (she certainly has no reason to be).

I wonder why Nicolle is so embarrassed about Fridge-gate. It's funny that she forgot about it until reminded.

During the Chris Hemsworth segment they showed clips of Rachel Armstrong. I had completely forgotten about her. She was a great character.

Melissa's accent could actually suit modern-day Angel considering Angel married a posh-talking millionaire and moved to England.

It's a  shame they couldn't get Justine Clarke back. How funny would it have been to have a scene with Ray where Georgie is meant to walk in as Roo and instead Justine walks in and says the line ?

Not sure what the "never revealed before secrets" were meant to be. Melissa and Dieter hating each other was widely reported at the time, Judy has talked a few times about disliking her exit, *shrugs*.

It's a shame Dieter Brummer hasn't acted too much since. He was a very good actor. It was funny to hear that Melissa still re-watches Shane's death sometimes.

Lynne McGranger being reminded of the ferry disaster was funny.

No tribute to Cornelia is disappointing, but who knows when most of this was put together.

I met Judy Nunn and she was very nice lady and said Ailsa was good old stick and she said I was not sad because I wanted to leave and if wanted to say I would  have done. 

Ailsa was dierect too at times. 

Archived