Endless Summer: 30 Years of H&A - Tuesday 17th July

John

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to be a downer and I hope I'm proved wrong, but I get the feeling this is going to be a gossip fest about who thought who was hot, how people had flings with each other and the stock standard answers to stock standard questions. I'd rather it be a detailed/informative documentary about the show and characters, writing, casting, how it's put together etc.

55 minutes ago, alexx said:

Sorry to be a downer and I hope I'm proved wrong, but I get the feeling this is going to be a gossip fest about who thought who was hot, how people had flings with each other and the stock standard answers to stock standard questions. I'd rather it be a detailed/informative documentary about the show and characters, writing, casting, how it's put together etc.

Neighbours' anniversary documentary disappointed me in this way.... what I especially hated was the very quick inter-splicing between different interviews, barely a sentence here then cut to a sentence there, cut to someone pulling a "shocked" face, or someone else laughing, and I was left with little to  no idea what any of them were talking about as everything was taken out of context more to fit the presenter's narrative. I'd love to see the actual unedited interviews and find out what they were actually asked and what they said.  I'm sure they were much better than what was put together.

I also expect most of it will focus on more recent years, and as someone else pointed out lots of focus on the actors who got famous in Hollywood... which we don't really need  to hear about because we already  know. I want to know about the ones we don't hear of anymore.

I hope I'm wrong too!

6 hours ago, alexx said:

Hate to say it Alexx but with the way old school H&A fans are treated i have to agree 

10 hours ago, alexx said:

I didn't but want to be a wet blanket but you have expressed my fears. I'm much more interested on hearing about people's experiences on the show. Perhaps some people that we don't know So much about. And looking at past stories etc Rather than the actors sex life and who has made it in Hollywood. 

I’m hoping it’s just the promo that has made it look that way. Hopefully there’s a bit more depth to it. 

The fact that they have bothered to get Nicolle Dickson and Alex Papps for it indicates at least some attention is going to be paid to the early years. 

But, yes, I do think a good chunk of focus will be on Chris Hemsworth, Heath Ledger etc. 

Archived