Endless Summer: 30 Years of H&A - Tuesday 17th July

John

7 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Surprised, but not displeased, that we're getting it the same day as Australia, I thought maybe they'd wait until a month later out of some bizarre idea that it'd be in synch with the show. Looking forward to it and well done to both 7 Network and Channel 5!

It could be a possible reason for the delay - I know they were working on it throughout January (or least that's when they were doing the research we helped with), and that would coincide exactly with the filming of the episodes due to air in Australia in two weeks time, so perhaps any behind-the-scenes stuff was felt to be too spoilery or suchlike.

But yes, if that is indeed the case, a little bit odd that C5 would air it the same day. Just a shame it's relegated to the SD sister channel as usual for the UK.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing news and well done to channel 5 I know they often don’t get a lot of credit from us lot haha :p. 

This may also be the special celebration that they claimed to be working with channel 7 on???? 

5star airing is a little annoying because the viewing figures on barb for all 3 main showings 1:15,6 & 6:30 are all pretty decent of late and total the show at around 1.2 million viewers is (when you add the showings up) so I do believe the audience is strong enough to air specials on the main channel like they have done neighbours in the past. I do think however they us home and away to prop 5star up as it’s the only thing that rates on it (when Wentworth isn’t screening) so it makes sense in that respect. 

I’m very happy about this :) 

2 hours ago, Dan F said:

It could be a possible reason for the delay - I know they were working on it throughout January (or least that's when they were doing the research we helped with), and that would coincide exactly with the filming of the episodes due to air in Australia in two weeks time, so perhaps any behind-the-scenes stuff was felt to be too spoilery or suchlike.

But yes, if that is indeed the case, a little bit odd that C5 would air it the same day. Just a shame it's relegated to the SD sister channel as usual for the UK.

Possibly it's not actually that spoilery and Channel 5 thought it was generic enough for them to show it. I can remember way way back in the lead-in to Channel 5 starting to show the programme they were showing little behind-the-scenes vignettes with stuff we wouldn't see for months.

Pleasantly surprised to see this pop up on my tv. I will watch out of curiosity and hope they do treat the show and the actors kindly. Always intrigued by any behind the scenes insight.

On ‎05‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 13:51, Summer's Bay said:

Thank you for posting. I’m not sure if this is the same video as John posted but this one works for me. So nice to see Alex and Nicolle together. I wonder if we will see Jus-Roo, Van-Pip and Tom

I would love to see Vanessa and Roger who played Tom and Pippa in it after all that how the show started

18 hours ago, chair said:

My profile picture shows who I would like to see in the documentary. I can but dream! Hopefully at least Adam as he was an original cast member.

I hope they are both doing it as well and that they are doing it together, I loved Steven and Selina together one of my fave couples from that era 

Archived