Endless Summer: 30 Years of H&A - Tuesday 17th July

John

27 minutes ago, Dan F said:

But then they oddly included the hug from 2008 right at the end of the sequence....so they obviously had the right footage to hand! ?

Yeah, I didn't get that. Like, I assumed they'd got the farewell clips wrong then last minute they suddenly slid in a clip of the proper one! ? It was like they'd got so far in making the show, then suddenly realised the Sally clips were wrong so added a proper one in at the 11th hour :lol: 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Wasn't the "proper one" from a different episode, at the house? Or was it just so tight that I couldn't tell?

I'm sure they included the clip of Alf and Sally hugging in her final scene on the beach before Pippa drives her out of Summer Bay. All the other clips were from the 2013 storyline.

Also - how good was the moment when Ray Meagher got emotional talking about Kate Ritchie? That was so sweet. I had no idea just how close they were.

16 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Wasn't the "proper one" from a different episode, at the house? Or was it just so tight that I couldn't tell?

8 minutes ago, Skylover said:

I'm sure they included the clip of Alf and Sally hugging in her final scene on the beach before Pippa drives her out of Summer Bay. All the other clips were from the 2013 storyline.

Yup, definitely that!

I dislike the hate I've seen for Melissa George. I'm glad she took part, she didn't have to. I think she's more at peace with herself now.

I think Dannii Minogue would like to return and I'd like her to as well, but I don't think the current PTB would like her to.

Sam Frost seems like a charismatic girl, probably moreso than her character. I was surprised she said she remembered Shane and had a crush on him as she'd only have been 7 when he died, unless her Wikipedia page has her as younger than she is or she's pretending to be younger than she is?

I think the problem with Dannii returning is that most people would see her as Dannii rather than Emma Jackson since she has become so big and Emma only lasted a year. She'd still have a connection to Alf and I guess they could fudge Emma and Roo knowing each other offscreen.

I really enjoyed the program. It was great to see Judy Nunn and hear her talk about Ailsa.

I wish we'd seen more of the early cast like Vanessa, Roger, Norman, Sharyn and Adam Willits, but I guess it's possible they declined an offer to appear?

6 hours ago, adam436 said:

I think the problem with Dannii returning is that most people would see her as Dannii rather than Emma Jackson since she has become so big and Emma only lasted a year. She'd still have a connection to Alf and I guess they could fudge Emma and Roo knowing each other offscreen.

I really enjoyed the program. It was great to see Judy Nunn and hear her talk about Ailsa.

I wish we'd seen more of the early cast like Vanessa, Roger, Norman, Sharyn and Adam Willits, but I guess it's possible they declined an offer to appear?

Vanessa has always done interviews when asked, like in New Idea and the Where Are They Now special about ten years ago. 

Debra Lawrance's response to if she'd got back to Home & Away made me quite sad actually ?

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/feature/a861095/neighbours-spoilers-debra-lawrance-liz-conway-home-and-away/

With Home and Away being 30 this year and Pippa being a much-loved character, was there ever any talk of you potentially going back?

"No. Look, people ask me this all the time and I always explain that Alf is living in her house with Roo and Pippa wouldn't live in a caravan. Pippa's place in the show has been filled in – like with Roo's character and they've also got Ada Nicodemou, who plays Leah, as the lovely, gooey mum figure. That's her role now and she does it very well. Pippa would be horrified that everybody is drinking so much and they've got so many guns.

"It's a different show now – you hear people say it all the time. The old days of Home and Away were really precious when we had Isla Fisher and Kate Ritchie in our house – it was such a lovely, innocent time. People do get very nostalgic for the old days of Home and Away.

"Whenever I post something on Instagram, people always crawl out of the woodworks and say how much they miss it, how they want me to come back, and how we need the show back again. There is a nostalgia for the past. It's a much shinier, glossier version of it itself now, whereas I think Pippa belongs to the simpler Home and Away."

@dee123 the difference is she didn't say she wouldn't go back, but that she hadn't been asked. The current H&a team don't care about the past.

8 hours ago, adam436 said:

It's funny because if this was Neighbours, they'd bite her arm off to come back considering her fame. Neighbours has asked Kylie back loads of times.

I don't understand everyone always saying it would be tricky to bring a character back as they only know Alf etc and all their associated characters have left. 

They bring in brand new characters who don't know anyone. So it's not a problem to create a story to bring anyone back to the bay. 

Archived