Christopher

marriedaniac

I honestly don't know where to post this - and you can move it! I could not find a topic anywhere for young Christopher (not that he's a vital character).

If you follow Debra Lawrance on Instagram, you'll know she and Dennis recently had a reunion with her/their TV son:

He really does look like he could be their son! :P

10 hours ago, marriedaniac said:

He really does look like he could be their son! :P

He never played their son though - he was the son of Tom (Roger Oakley) and the original Pippa (Vanessa Downing) :P 

Debra also recently reunited with long-time co-star Norman Coburn the other day too - I wonder if she's feeling a bit nostalgic being H&A's 30th anniversary

Thanks for sharing :)

Very few child characters on TV are played by the same actor all the way through. We can only guess as to why they changed the actor playing Christopher but it might just have been Dylan McCready's parents deciding that 4 years was enough. According to his IMDB page, he didn't act on TV again after he finished up playing Christopher. I see on Dylan McCready's IMDB page that he didn't act in anything else on TV after Home & Away. Maybe it was a case of him or his parents deciding they'd had enough of being on TV.

If you click through to Shaun Wood's Instagram, there are two more photos.  

1 hour ago, cymbaline said:

Very few child characters on TV are played by the same actor all the way through.

H&A's long-term child actors had a fair run. Shaun Wood, Felix Dean and the actor who played Duncan for most of the 90s had a good run, perhaps longer than most. Perhaps that's because they are kept as recurring guests, as opposed to having them as a regulars.. having said that, even the regular child actors (Ryan Clark and Kate Ritchie) stayed for ages. 

On Neighbours, Scarlett Anderson (Nell Rebecchi) has been around for nearly 6 years now and Jiordan Anna Tolli (Louise Carpenter) had a 7 year run from the age of around 6 weeks old. 

On 02/07/2018 at 07:39, adam436 said:

He never played their son though - he was the son of Tom (Roger Oakley) and the original Pippa (Vanessa Downing) :P 

Debra also recently reunited with long-time co-star Norman Coburn the other day too - I wonder if she's feeling a bit nostalgic being H&A's 30th anniversary

At least someone is. LOL.

On 01/07/2018 at 17:39, adam436 said:

??

Archived