Guest characters who would have made great regulars

adam436

Which guest characters do you think would have been great regular characters and what would you have done with them storyline-wise? 

Phil and Stacey - they appeared as frequently as the regular cast for a while, but they should have stayed longer. I would loved to see them get married and start a family, perhaps taking in a stray to parent; maybe a neglected teen from one of Gordon's friends who Stacey sympathises with because they had a similar upbringing. We've had a regular doctor on the cast since 2001, when Charlotte Adams arrived, so he would always serve a purpose. 

Bob Barnett - the 80s had a number of long-term recurring characters (i.e. Colleen, Narelle, Alison, Andrew Foley), but Bob Barnett was always my favourite. I loved his almost-romance with Celia, so perhaps if he was a regular, that could have been explored more. Bob Barnett was the most competent cop Summer Bay has ever had and around in the days before corruption. His son could have become a regular too, perhaps rounding out the Emma/Steven/Viv teen group. 

Diana Fraser - I feel like if she had a stint as a regular, it would be very similar to Morag's 1989 one. She would have worked well as the show's villain, but back in those days, there were no "bad" characters in the regular cast.
Chris Polous - He would have made a great addition and fleshed out Leah's character a bit more, but he probably wouldn't have done more than any other 20 something has done. 

Alan Fisher - such a waste killing him off early in the series, especially as Donald would stick around as a regular until 2003. A regular stint in the 90s would have been great

Rebecca Fisher in 1989 - I would have happily forgone Viv or Emma in favour of Rebecca back then. 

Dean? - I think that was his name. Matilda's friend from therapy. A regular gay teen would have been good, but sadly, the show seems really reluctant to go there.

The Pattersons - Mav and Sky would have been good as long-term characters, perhaps fleshing out Vinnie a bit more. He never had any regular family members during his time on the show, only guest appearances from his parents and cousins. 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sean and Daria. 

I ilked the idea of having a surf shop as a set. Was hoping but it never happened. Just liked the character of an older chilled out kind of guy. Very different from Alf and Don and Joel. 

Daria, could also have developed into a nice character and could have had some good stories through 1999 and 2000. Imagine her and Edward. A girl who's really into surfing is something we never saw much. 

Think they should have been giving at least a few more months for viewers to warm to them. 

Dylan escaping from Angie and growing up without that negative influence would of been good to see. I wish Paris could of a nice life with Irene. Justin Jeffrries being explored more and of course the one and only Cheryl Braxton.

Archived