Should Morag have been a more frequent character in the 90s?

Sally Keating

I think she worked better as this dastardly, occasionally human character who'd descend upon Summer Bay every now and then and wreak havoc etc. If she'd been kept on as a long term or permanent character, goodness knows what the screenwriters would have done to her character. That's all aside from what Cornelia Frances wanted, of course. 

4 hours ago, cymbaline said:

I think she worked better as this dastardly, occasionally human character who'd descend upon Summer Bay every now and then and wreak havoc etc. If she'd been kept on as a long term or permanent character, goodness knows what the screenwriters would have done to her character. That's all aside from what Cornelia Frances wanted, of course. 

She never really caused that must havoc compared to many other villains. 

Her most villainous moment I think was in 1993. 

4 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Barlow was an unhinged wifebeater, Morag at worst was a bitter old cow but you could still get a laugh out of her. 

Everyone thought Morag was mad so they knew not take to take  her words seriously. Except maybe Celia took her words a bit  seriously at times but Celia like everyone else knew 80s  Morag was mentally unwell.  

Morag would be eaten alive if she lived on Ramsay ST in 80s &90s. Madge/MrsMangel/Hilary/Dorothy/Paul and Jim would all know right words to say to her and would run rings around 80s Morag. 

Morag is coward type as acts like tough dragon to those she knows she can get away being dragon to but then if comes to someone with backbone she acts as meek as anything. 

I always would love seeing  sane 2000s Morag vs  insane 80s Morag. 

• 6 months later...
On 19/12/2018 at 23:36, j.laur5 said:

Morag is coward type as acts like tough dragon to those she knows she can get away being dragon to

Yes like Celia.

And with Marilyn it was hilarious because Morag’s mean and sarcastic remarks went right over Marilyn’s head. She seemed oblivious to her nasty side and thought she was a lovely woman ?.

It would have been good to see more screen time crossover between Marilyn and Morag (before 2010-ish I mean, when both characters had been watered down so much, they were just like two of any other random characters interacting).

11 hours ago, Sally Keating said:

Yes like Celia.

And with Marilyn it was hilarious because Morag’s mean and sarcastic remarks went right over Marilyn’s head. She seemed oblivious to her nasty side and thought she was a lovely woman ?.

It would have been good to see more screen time crossover between Marilyn and Morag (before 2010-ish I mean, when both characters had been watered down so much, they were just like two of any other random characters interacting).

But interestingly enough I think Marilyn liked that Morag was honest with her and not sugar like so many people did to her.  I think she liked that Morag was up front with her and in a funny way I think Morag looked at Marilyn as her second chance of being like a mother even though she never admitted it even to herself. I think Morag realised that Marilyn was not at fault in why she was like she was and Morag wanted to help her. 

Morag called Marilyn a strong woman in Morag's final appearance and that was a good  reference to Morag realising that Marilyn has changed a lot and that Morag's tough love had something to do with it. 

Archived