Should Morag have been a more frequent character in the 90s?

Sally Keating

Honestly, she should have been a more frequent character in all the years. It’s sad to know that she wanted to be a main on the show these last years but never got to, I can only imagine how much better some of the storylines would have been with her.

14 hours ago, Jacklost said:

It’s sad to know that she wanted to be a main on the show these last years but never got to, I can only imagine how much better some of the storylines would have been with her.

Is it true she wanted to stay longer in 1989 as well? It's a shame her regular stint only lasted 200 episodes or so - she would have been a great antagonist as there were so many layers to her, as opposed to characters like Charlotte King. She was clearly a lonely and sad person in the early years, which is why she put up that tough exterior, but then she showed her softer side with Marilyn and her blind butler (Nigel?) for example.

I think by the end of 1989 we needed a break from Morag - but they could have easily brought her back in the 90s. One example, during that Al Simpson/Donald/Matt's brother storyline, Viv is worried about what will happen to her home situation and (maybe prompted by Emma?) goes behind Donald and Bobby's backs and calls in Morag? I can imagine Morag trying to help but Donald but being really sarcastic and unkind to him - and especially to Bobby, of course.

They could have also got her back briefly to represent Karen in court maybe.

The gap between 1993 and 2001 was OK for me based on how things ended in 1993 - although it's shame we never saw Morag and (real) Ailsa together again..

1 hour ago, Spinach said:

They could have also got her back briefly to represent Karen in court maybe.

That would have been a good redemption storyline for her, given Karen's link to the Stewarts.

It would have been fun to have her return for Donald and Mariyln's wedding too, given she had a relationship with both characters - 80s Morag would have found their pairing hilarious and would have had a few witty comments I'm sure :lol:

On 03/06/2018 at 21:35, adam436 said:

That would have been a good redemption storyline for her, given Karen's link to the Stewarts.

It would have been fun to have her return for Donald and Mariyln's wedding too, given she had a relationship with both characters - 80s Morag would have found their pairing hilarious and would have had a few witty comments I'm sure :lol:

I agree with both of these points!

Such a shame we never got to see her reaction to Donald and Marilyn!

I think would be nice Morag be still around when Lance left and after Morag finds out how lonely Marilyn is living at  mobile home  and  then Morag tells Marilyn to move back in with her as thats her home.

To be honest Morag i think Morag was on her way to mellowing before whole Danny storyline as Morag did seem to get over her snootiness about Summer Bay being back water. 

• 6 months later...

I think main reason why Morag didn't' last long as a regular in the 80s was because her character was stuck in a rut. Morag was closed off for storylines as they didn't seem to want to develop her relationship with Bobby or with  other people in bay  and seem what to keep Morag     and  Bobby  hated each other and keep her nasty to everyone  and close off form town and  also they could not  turn her into much of Villain as Morag was never criminal and would too out of character to turn her   into huge villain.

Honestly at that point in time I really don't think PTB were interested in having  too many  regular older characters. Then They needed  as Pippa and Tom/ Micheal serve as parents and Alf and Alisa serve as 2nd parents of show with ruing main venues of show diner and  store and Donald as principal.

Archived