Cornelia Frances has died

Kellicopter

RIP Cornelia. Such a shame. Knew it was possible but still a shock to wake up to. Praying and thinking of all her friends and family.

Hopefully Home and Away will take the time and effort to make a fitting tribute to the character.

I always enjoyed Morag's wit and her banter and her snappy comebacks to other characters. I will miss seeing her onscreen.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrible news. My thoughts are with her family and friends today ❤️

It's weird, despite knowing she was really sick, it's like I hadn't realized she could actually die. Cornelia (and Morag) is such a legend that her dying just feels completely unrealistic. I hate cancer.

This isn’t the time or place to be talking about “we knew she was ill before anyone else”. Ugh, so out of place and distasteful (albeit completely unintentionally so I have no doubt ❤️). 

This is such sad news. I think we all knew deep down that things weren’t looking good for Corny but just like the characters she was known to play, I’m sure she put up a great fight. 

I know she has a son who was incredibly close to her and I hope he’s doing ok.

Morag was one of the best tv characters ever and that’s something we will all remember and be proud of Cornelia for.

She and her friends/family are in my thoughts today.

I hope Home and Away do something to mark the occasion on-screen today.

Devastating news.  Of all the characters on the show, Morag was one of the standouts through her time.

I imagine with time an off-screen death followed by an on-screen funeral for Morag will take place in the show.  Certainly this has been done a number of times when actors have died on British soaps.

Since I saw the news online this morning, it’s just not real. It isn’t. To be talking about a woman,who clearly in life was a beautiful soul,possibly quite private - I have no idea - but evidently and thankfully surrounded by the love and laughter of her family - in the past tense, is completely broken. 

To add to that, that she was an actress who’s work spanned generations giving life,love,strength,tragedy,comedy and insight to iconic characters,especially for us in Morag Bellingham,is beyond heartbreak. Beyond. 

If I’m right,she always said,she wished Home And Away would keep her onscreen more often,if not permanently, but they never did. Now they never can. I just hope with all my heart,they pay respect and keep her alive to say goodbye, one last time,on screen.

Cornelia Frances, THANK YOU. I will miss you forever. I will. Never will Australian television or Home and Away be as incredible as it was when you gave your extraordinary talent to it. 

I was very sad to read the news this morning. She's an absolute legend. RIP Cornelia. ?

1 hour ago, James Martin said:

Devastating news.  Of all the characters on the show, Morag was one of the standouts through her time.

I imagine with time an off-screen death followed by an on-screen funeral for Morag will take place in the show.  Certainly this has been done a number of times when actors have died on British soaps.

I too would like there to be an on-screen funeral for Morag. I also think that there should be flashbacks in that episode of some of her best and most memorable moments. One that comes to mind is what I think could be really touching - in Bobby's funeral episode, Morag broke down in front of Alf and said, "I don't think there'll be anyone at my funeral that love me. Well, maybe one or two... no more." It could then cut back to Alf in the present day saying something like, "if only you knew, Morag."

Archived