Characters that became unlikable and underused towards the end?..

j.laur5

What characters do you think became unlikable after a while. 

Harvey- He became so unlikable and unfair towards Ruth after he returned from being missing.

Brax- He seemed to get very arrogant  from around 2014. 

Kyle- Sadly I have to  agree with how members said Kyle was ruined in his last year by choosing a girl he just met over his own family. I think they gave Kyle more dramatic storylines in 2015 because  he was the last Braxton left. Sadly after he broke up with Phoebe it just went south for his character with running off too Melbourne and getting into trouble with gambling. Then getting into a bad head space after Phoebe lost her baby and trying to kiss Maddy and then later Ricky.  In 2014 it was a good year for Kyle as he was a more level headed person of the family and he was starting to build friendships with characters like Matt and Josh. Then in 2015-2016 he hardly interacted with either of them. But I will always be grateful for the special "All or Nothing" as we got to see Kyle save a prison guard. His character went full circle he started on show trying kill someone and his last appearance risk his life saving someone .

Josh- I know Charlotte was not a good person and it was self defence to a degree but he let his girlfriend's uncle go to jail over something he did and let his friends be questioned. 

Chris-He never had any big storylines and hardly ever had any screens with characters his own age and think he miss few locations.  

Denny-She never got big storyline other  then her romance with Casey and Ash .

Matt-He didit get any storylines in his last 12 months other then being Evie shoulder to  cry on and they finally got together left and decided to leave overnight.

Phoebe-In her last 12 months all she did was stalk Morgan’s and after two years of complaining about being involved in Braxtons drama and moment they all  left and next thing she did was purposely involved in Morgan’s life who have just as much dramatic life. 

What are you thoughts on characters who became unlikable or underused after while?.

On 22 May 2018 at 04:15, j.laur5 said:

What characters do you think became unlikable after a while. 

Kyle- Sadly I have to  agree with how members said Kyle was ruined in his last year by choosing a girl he just met over his own family. I think they gave Kyle more dramatic storylines in 2015 because  he was the last Braxton left. Sadly after he broke up with Phoebe it just went south for his character with running off too Melbourne and getting into trouble with gambling. Then getting into a bad head space after Phoebe lost her baby and trying to kiss Maddy and then later Ricky.  In 2014 it was a good year for Kyle as he was a more level headed person of the family and he was starting to build friendships with characters like Matt and Josh. Then in 2015-2016 he hardly interacted with either of them. But I will always be grateful for the special "All or Nothing" as we got to see Kyle save a prison guard. His character went full circle he started on show trying kill someone and his last appearance.

Sadly, everything you said here was true, Kyle had so much potential when he first came on, I thought that out of all the four Braxtons who were going to come out with a happy ending and turning their life around the most, I would have said Kyle. But ever since Casey died and Brax was presumed dead, it went downhill for Kyle. It still upsets me even today that in 2015 and 16, they ptretty much ruined Kyle and made all his good deeds and him trying to be a family before, it's all just ruined. And the whole Isla story...I hated it with a passion. He gave up his freedom, his family, his friends, everything just for some girl he just met. I agree with you j.laur5, at least we got to see him saving the guard, still shows there's a chance for him. 

Characters that became unlikeable after a while for me were: 

Tori- really has been arrogant and self-righteous recently. She used to be my favourite Morgan so this is a shame. But since she's looking after Robbo means to me that there could be still hope for her.

Josh- obviously didn't like how he let Zac and others go down for his crime. It's a shame because he was my favourite out of the Braxton-Barrett group.

Olivia- I had high hopes for her at the start, but she's just been so awful and selfish a lot of the time. 

Skye- same as Olivia 

Kat- I really liked her at the start, but then she has just gotten worst, thinking that the law applies to everyone except herself and whoever she falls in love with (*cough Robbo*cough) 

Ash- really liked the idea of him but was just basically Heath 2.0, only more annoying. 

Justin- just unbelievably stupid 

April and Maddy both started out ok and got progressivly more annoying and wingey  the longer they stayed.

I liked Ruby to begin with but the whole thing with Romeo and the fake pregnancy was just too much for me to like her any more.

Miles - I really liked him when he started out living on the streets and befriended Roman but I was glad when he left as by the end I was fed up with him!

Can't think of any others right now but I'm sure there are plenty.

Unlikeable

Greg Marshall (His wife was killed by Adam but he was the least sympathetic party in that situation)

Dani (Felt sorry for her over the rape saga but she could be grating toward the end)

Jude (Bastard run off with Shauna who had hurt him, didn't even come back for Noah's funeral)

Josh W (Personally I say it was Charlotte A's death that saw his personality change drastically)

Lucas (Was a bit of a pain)

Ruby (What annoyed me is how she was never seen to cop for nearly killing Dex)

Andy (Hated him from start to finish though)

Hannah (Irritant)

Underused

Floss and Neville (After Ben arc, they were pretty much taking up space either hanging around the park or holding the fort in the store)

Donna (One good story and she's gone with a matter of weeks)

Jai  (Quickly forgotten about after going to Japan and never being heard from again)

Lynn-The nice one of the original line-up, so obviously doomed.Storylines dried up after about three months and quickly axed.

Ben Lucini-Came in as a Prince Charming sweeping Carly off her feet, left as a selfish loser who expected her to go along with his latest whim.Their reunion was treated as a happy ending but most of the audience was begging her to run like mad.

Simon-Decent entrance, then his relationship with Sophie was abruptly dropped, he didn't really do anything and he got an exit that was rather depressing when you thought about it

Nick Parrish-Two years as a main character, followed by two years as a glorified Constable Murray who just happened to be on the opening credits.Once his romance with Roxy fizzled out after a fairly big build-up, he was basically just someone to shout at Shane.

Cassie-It shows how bad her decline was that I went from being disappointed she was leaving to wanting shot of her in a few months.Started to go downhill when she cheated on Ric with a guy that hit her, followed by her pointless fling with Jules, shacking up with a middle-aged rapist and a rather perfunctory HIV storyline that was quickly forgotten

Belle-Bordering on heresy, but I said at the time there was two years when I loved her and a third when I couldn't stand her.I breathed a sigh of relief when her toxic relationship with Drew finally ended, only for her to be stuck in an even more toxic relationship with Aden, turn from a fun and feisty character into a doormat, get addicted to drugs just so she could be even more downtrodden, and finally die

Nicole-Not as bad as it could have been, but there was so much potential at the end of 2010 and they ballsed it up so badly.Her family unit with Miles and Romeo just disappears in favour of turning Roo into her cool big sister, instead of focusing on her as a young single mother we get an annoying storyline about Marilyn trying to adopt her baby that should have been wrapped up in a week but instead dragged on for the whole pregnancy and beyond, then she leaves with a guy that she had about two conversations with before he was suddenly her love interest

April and Dexter-Heresy again, but look at those fresh and interesting characters that came in in 2010.Fast forward a year and they're stuck in a contrived, childish and sappy relationship, becoming increasingly generic because someone was determined to have a teen wedding.And after multiple break-ups and getting together with people that actually suit them better only to reunite, that's what we got despite them being unsuited to marriage and each other

Spencer-Pretty much a two year long drawn out death.Great in the first half of 2013 when he was with Alf, Harvey, Roo and Maddy, then he gets paired with Sasha for no reason, moves in with Irene for even less reason and never builds a relationship with her, gets revealed to have bipolar out of nowhere in an act of desperation, at which point they give up and treat him like a piece of furniture for a year and a half

Maddy-I was always a huge fan and loved what they did with her in most of 2015, when she finally stopped being everyone else's least favourite character...then they broke up her and Oscar, who really should have been endgame, and had her spend her last six months doing nothing but bicker with Matt and have sex with Matt (I'm astonished how many people thought that pairing was ever a good idea) before being written out just as they finally did something interesting with her

Skye-Good debut storyline, good relationship with John, at which point they do a Spencer on her and move her in with Irene who she hardly knows (there may have been off screen reasons but in retrospect it was the beginning of the end), turn her into a supporting character to Hunter and Olivia, reduce her interaction with John to having the same argument about Tank, then write her out

Billie-Okay up until the last week, at which point she dies of cancer with very little foreshadowing, completely failing to pay off her storylines as a plot device for a custody storyline that dragged on for nearly a year and didn't do anyone involved any favours.With VJ spending the next nine months doing next to nothing, they should have either kept her on with him and done a proper new young parents storyline or had the three of them head off into the sunset at the beginning of the year

Variations on a theme

Karen-Proving that Tropes Are Not Bad, it actually felt natural for a sweet girl with insecurities to get led so astray by the first guy that gave her attention that she ended up in juvie.(They kind of made a mess of the return appearance and off screen follow-up though.)

Zac-You get the feeling the show was trying its best to ruin him, but his cheating on Leah was so utterly senseless and her behaviour so utterly ridiculous, that 90% of the audience was on his side anyway.

Disagree with a few of the suggestions above but have to single out Phoebe, who I felt was the other way round: I never liked her with Kyle or Ash, and it always felt like her storyline came to a natural end in early 2014 yet instead of leaving for good she came back as a regular, but I think she actually improved in her last year or so.As awkward as it was to have her start hanging around the Morgans as soon as all the Braxtons were gone, they did feel more relatable and more like the sort of people she would hang out with.

Also I think some characters should have left a bit earlier. 

Kyle/Matt/Phoebe/Evie. 

I think Kyle and Phoebe should have left together in 2015 as after they broke up Kyle's character just went south like I have already said. Phoebe really seemed a pointless character in her last couple of years. 

Matt and Evie-  I think both  Matt and Evie should have left in 2016 and maybe they could have made Matt and Evie a couple sooner in 2016 after Josh and Maddy left  and    Evie and Matt decides to leave bay together as I think Matt went south in way he was just wasted in here’s last year. 

Agree with Nick.

"Good one, Pea-brain!"

"Pull yer head in!"

"Don, seen my gunbelt?"

"Wouldn't wanna be in your shoes  for quids when Don catches you both"

Yeah poor sod was pretty much a glorified Extra for his remaining 18 months.

I've got a sneaking suspicion he blew town with Beth Armstrong who vanished pretty much the same time he did lol.

Julian actually quit as Ben before his first year was out.

Cassie was always a bit of a carwreck (especially in the Macca storyline), but nowhere as bad as Martha. 

Spencer was a flop and all he did was punch folk (who deserved it 80% of the time, IIBF) and pine for Maddy.

I also didn't like Ruby near the end with the whole Romeo and fake pregnancy storyline, and when she tried to kill Indi. Yes, she did turn herself in, but unlike a lot of other people who have been spat on (like Josh), she did mean harm. She was having a hard time with losing her mother and she felt like she didn't have anyone, and for that I feel sorry for her, but many other people have felt like this on the show (like Sally or Evie) and they didn't do something as bad as she did. 

Characters that I felt were underused:

John and Marilyn: they've had some interesting storylines,but most of the time I feel like they're basically drifting around, never finding a solid, real purpose. 

Oscar and Spencer: both really nice guys, but didn't really had much to do. I really liked Evie, and I really liked Maddy, but I feel like the two boys were basically just background chracters in the girls' stories. They got on well with each other and the girls, the scenes between them were good, but so much more could have happened. 

Zac: I really liked him, but he was pretty much a emotional punching bag for Heath, Biannca, Oscar, Evie, Hannah and Leah. In his last two years, I feel like he was drifting around, never really belonging anywhere until the writers came up with the ridiculous idea for him to cheat on Leah and he wasn't really involved with other members with his family. When Hunter was dealing with Tabitha mentally messing with Olivia, where was Zac? And I could count the number of scenes he had with Evie, his last remaining relative, on one hand. Pretty useless, he had so much potential. 

Sacrlett: she didn't really  have anything of her own with the exception of her husband and son, and spend most of her time with Justin, Kat or Brody. She just felt like a background character to Brody and Robbo. I had hoped that she would become the new Denny, working with Alf, but we barely got any scenes between the two of them either. 

Archived