I don't understand the locations feature

4 hours ago, Sally Keating said:

Where is there an index of all the locations, I don't want to search by map or by region of where  the real life locations are because that's not helpful I just want to look up info on one  specific place (and I don't know where it is in real life).

What are you after? :)

The old location index was indeed just one big list, but as we got to over 100 locations it began to get a little unwieldy, hence why I had to come up with a way to categorise them when we revamped it.

Whilst it would have been nice to do them in categories relevant to the show (i.e. major locations and minor locations), there wasn't really a way to do it without ending up with more big lists outweighing others. Doing it geographically for our 'main' index has spread them out and made them a bit more more manageable, and I know it has come in very useful for those who have wanted to visit various locations and be able to see what other places are also in the area.

However I do absolutely see your point—whilst there aren't a huge amount of pages to go through to find somewhere, it probably is a little overwhelming for someone who literally has no idea of what is where. I'll have to talk to Chris to see if we can set up some sort of alternative (but very much simplified) A-Z list for such occasions.

Archived