Previous residents of H&A houses before the original characters lived there.

I know Alf lived at Summer Bay House for years prior to the show beginning but often wonder who lived there before Alf? I thought I read that Alf moved into SBH in about 1962. But I thought it was after he married Martha in 1969.

And who lived at the first Stewart House 1988-2000 before Alf moved there. Not sure the previous occupants was ever said.

2 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

I know Alf lived at Summer Bay House for years prior to the show beginning but often wonder who lived there before Alf? I thought I read that Alf moved into SBH in about 1962. But I thought it was after he married Martha in 1969.

And who lived at the first Stewart House 1988-2000 before Alf moved there. Not sure the previous occupants was ever said.

Is it possible it was built by the Stewarts themselves? Not Alf, but a few generations back.

1 hour ago, Dan F said:

It was.

I thought so, it has been in their family for ages then, it looks to be around over 100 years old, I believe they have revealed that the Stewarts were some of the first settlers in Summer Bay. I would say that It was only the Stewarts that have lived there in the backstory. I think the house was built late 1800's early 1900's. Sorry to get of topic here, but does anyone know what they actual interior of the real life house looks like or what the layout is? Original or Rebuilt version is fine.

We do have photos of the real interior and plan to expand our location information with a lot of pre-H&A history, as well as have a comprehensive history of Summer Bay House, on the site in the not too distant future.

On ‎04‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 12:43, Dan F said:

We do have photos of the real interior and plan to expand our location information with a lot of pre-H&A history, as well as have a comprehensive history of Summer Bay House, on the site in the not too distant future.

Yay, that would be great.

I think it’ll be interesting to see if all the Stewart/Summer Bay House history fits. I can never remember if it was Alf’s Great-Grandfather (founder of Summer Bay) or his Grandfather who built it, but his Grandfather died young, so if it was him it would have been a short timescale. From what I recall from Viv/The Guv, the caravan park was set up/given to Alf (not the house at this stage?) but as Alf was meant to have had no help from his father & his grandfather was dead must have been from his Grandmother. I can’t remember what Viv said though.

Archived