No one born in Summer Bay grows up there!

voyager50

With the exception of VJ and Duncan - almost no babies born in Summer Bay are still there by the time they are walking!!

I suppose Pippa and Christopher were there until 4/5 ish but I can't think of any other kids that haven't been whisked off and never seen again or don't return until they are around ten with their parents or on their own as teenagers.

Why can't they have a few more children stay in the bay so that we can follow their lives as the grow up?  I know in reality it's because the actors playing their parents leave the show but it's such a shame.

On 02/05/2018 at 19:01, voyager50 said:

With the exception of VJ and Duncan - almost no babies born in Summer Bay are still there by the time they are walking!!

I suppose Pippa and Christopher were there until 4/5 ish but I can't think of any other kids that haven't been whisked off and never seen again or don't return until they are around ten with their parents or on their own as teenagers.

Why can't they have a few more children stay in the bay so that we can follow their lives as the grow up?  I know in reality it's because the actors playing their parents leave the show but it's such a shame.

Christopher was born in 1988 so would have been 10 when Pippa and himself left in 1998

2 hours ago, Trudy Heine said:

Little Pippa was there till she left with Sally, I think she was 4 when she left.

Sorry - it was little Pippa I meant - sorry - I should have been clearer!

29 minutes ago, Blaxland 89 said:

That's true. Not births that we've seen anyway. But plenty characters were born and bred in Bay. All of Alfs clan. The Nashes. Selina and Chloe. Matt Wilson. The jensons. As for current characters, there is very few  Summerbayites. 

Yes - i should have said those born during the run of the show.

15 hours ago, adam436 said:

Wasn't Vinnie meant to have grown up in Summer Bay? When we first saw him in 1997, it was implied he'd been around for a while, and Alison, his cousin, was a student at SBH in 1988. 

I read somewhere that Vinnie was from Mangrove river

Archived