Do you think Sally and Flynn could have been the next Tom and Pippa

They did with Ric and Cassie . 

But they felt more like older siblings . 

I wish they kept Beth at Summer Bay House and made Beth new Pippa and that might given Beth more storylines and Clarissa might stayed longer as she said  main reason she left was becouse she felt Beth lack purpose. 

Beth was suck background character in her last 12 months other then when was involved in Matilda being burned storyline. 

I don't understand the question because they already were the next tom and Pippa. In fact they outlasted tom and Pippa (screentime wise).

I agree with the point about Beth further up. She suffered from being removed from Summer Bay House. On the other hand Sally (and Kate Ritchie) shone from being moved there and placed centre of the show, which was long overdue for her, so I wouldn't necessarily change that. It's just a shame Beth had to suffer. Even with her moving out of the house, she could still have remained the awesome strong character she was in 2004 if the writers really wanted her to. She got some strong moments here and there but that was it.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, that was the long-term goal. I recall reading an interview with Kate Ritchie in which she said she twigged to what the producers were planning when they made Sally unable to bear children.

It's a shame Joel/Martin didn't stick around until 2008. I also think it's a shame they didn't give them a wider spread of children, like the original Fletcher family. I actually thought that's what the were planning when they killed off Chloe, but Olivia left a few weeks later.

I don't know they wasted a year to be honest - I'd happily have seen Rhys go in 2003 to make it happen and would have saved us from the pointless short-lived marriage to Beth!

On 14/05/2018 at 08:45, Spinach said:

^There's an interview on the main site with Coral Drouyun saying Kate Ritchie requested not to become the new Pippa. I guess the following producers overrode that...

It made sense though - I imagine it would have been Bobby, had she still been around in 1998 when Pippa left. She'd already taken the first step by fostering Sam.

Archived