2018 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Well, firstly, while I understand Justin's frustration about Dean pretty much coming into his relationship with Willow every second minute, I can't support his ultimatum or justify it in any way, because, firstly, as atrus says, the situation is a lot more complicated than normal relationships with exes (but then again, so is every relationship in the Bay), and also, he's pretty much tearing Willow away from the only real family she has known for a long time. If he doesn't trust the person he's with, then he should end the relationship then, because if he will continue it, things will just get worse for both of them. However, I do like that the friendship between Brody and Willow continues, as former addicts, they have a bond. 

Well, now we can see where Chelsea gets her view of life from her father. As others have mentioned above, she does look more relatable and make her more complex, as while before I have admired her stubbornness and dedication, found her a bit annoying with her self-righteousness. Her father on the other hand, is a right nasty piece of work, the way he boasted about having friends in high places just reminded me a bit of Dylan Carter, though hopefully he'll won't be as bad as him. I can't really appreciate his attitude towards Colby, who despite having a questionable past is, to me, a decent person, and for all his strict stance about the rules, isn't above breaking the rules himself to get Colby to back off.  Hopefully Colby won't give in to this blackmail, but if he doesn't, we may see a more uglier side to Inspector Campbell. 

The reading of Maggie's letter for Coco was extremely emotional and touchful, though while throwing back someone's dying letter and use it differently isn't the best way, did help bring her around. I'm really enjoying the delicacy and emotional way this storyline is continuing.  

Jasmine is finally beginning to see the hardships with her relationship mixed up with the IVF business, and of course she is beginning to see doubts when Robbo was holding Tori's hand, though thankfully she made up with Robbo. I don't think she is being ridiculous, this is a rather messy situation, and she's been patient this whole time, if doubts were to show up, who could really blame her? But hopefully there won't be much more bumps for her and Robbo, because I really want the two to work.  

Raffy's reaction to Brody and Leah's videos was both expected and right. Their hearts were in the right place, but they had no right to just expose her medical position to the entirre world, and Raffy's worries about bullying were very justified, as we saw from some of the replies from the kids from school. She made a very strong and proud stand in her message, just trying to be left alone while she is going through it all, as most of us would want in her position, though it was typical Home and Away convenience that she had a seizure during the recording. And they left us with that?! 

Well, that's it until January. Merry Christmas everyone!?

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 21/11/2018 at 14:52, H&Alover said:

No reason why Robbo can't be 'with' Jasmine.

Didn't say Jasmine can't ever be with Robbo.  My comment was specifically referring to a scene in the episode in question where Robbo was on the beach, he bumped into Jasmine who just had a swim and she suggested that they have a shower, obviously wanting to sleep with him at that particular time.  Robbo said he couldn't because he had to save his load for Tori's eggs.

I really enjoyed the scene where Robbo held Tori's hand at the hospital and I also really liked the way he handled her when he brought her back to her place.  Justin does seem quite on board as well which is good.  I guess objectively I can't really blame Jasmine for running out like that when she saw them although I was a bit surprised at Irene's response when she told her given the way Irene was with Robbo previously when he left Jasmine waiting for hours when they were supposed to be on a date.  I do think Jasmine's kidding herself if she thinks this is going to work so I don't have much sympathy for her in that sense.

Don't blame Raffy one bit for getting annoyed with Brody and Leah for posting online about her Epilepsy.  Unfortunately I'm pretty much finding John and Marilyn (especially) unbearable regarding Raffy.  I'm really hoping Raffy's miraculously cured so we don't have to endure either of those two fussing over her and treating her like she's a glass ornament.  Raffy having an epileptic fit on livestream must have been sickening for all the people close to her watching at the time.

22 hours ago, Slade said:

Didn't say Jasmine can't ever be with Robbo.  My comment was specifically referring to a scene in the episode in question where Robbo was on the beach, he bumped into Jasmine who just had a swim and she suggested that they have a shower, obviously wanting to sleep with him at that particular time.  Robbo said he couldn't because he had to save his load for Tori's eggs.

Tori's eggs hadn't even been harvested then, besides he doesn't have a limited supply so no reason why he couldn't have had an afternoon delight with Jasmine.

On 23/11/2018 at 23:51, Red Ranger 1 said:

Steve Nation as her dad, who popped up a couple of years ago as Kyle’s lawyer. 

I have to ask out of curiosity, how do you remember when actors have previously appeared? Because I've noticed it before that you're able to identify actors from other roles they portrayed in the show and a lot of them are minor roles. Do you look it up or do you have a fantastic memory? 

17 minutes ago, D.B said:

I have to ask out of curiosity, how do you remember when actors have previously appeared? Because I've noticed it before that you're able to identify actors from other roles they portrayed in the show and a lot of them are minor roles. Do you look it up or do you have a fantastic memory? 

Red has superpowers haha

2 hours ago, H&Alover said:

Tori's eggs hadn't even been harvested then, besides he doesn't have a limited supply so no reason why he couldn't have had an afternoon delight with Jasmine.

I was describing what happened in the scene and why Robbo didn't want to sleep with Jasmine (according to him).  Even Jasmine herself (who is a nurse) guessed why when he hinted he couldn't join her for a shower.  If she thought he was wrong and there was no problem she probably would have said something.  Robbo "doesn't have a limited supply".  Every guy has a limited supply.  Besides, I think Robbo knows his own body better anyway so I'll take his word.  The point in my original post was that I found it funny Jasmine was obviously well up for sleeping with Robbo at that particular time but she couldn't because he didn't want to take the chance as he's more focused on the pregnancy and a chance at having kids again with Tori than he is with his relationship with Jasmine.

14 hours ago, D.B said:

Do you look it up or do you have a fantastic memory? 

I mostly look it up. Occasionally you get someone blatant, but sometimes I stumble across it by accident and sometimes they feel like the sort of actor who's been in it before so I go and check.

• 1 month later...

Oh Hi Summer Bay! 

So good to have the show back today. Poor Raffy with the seizure love on Facebook I can imagine this kind of social media embarrassment to be a big issue for teens/kids today. It doesn’t look good for Tori’s embryos does it :( really feel for her too. She clearly really, desperately wants this baby.

Aaaand we're back for the last nine weeks of the 2018 season.And ten minutes in I'm already wanting to throw something at the set at John and Marilyn stroking Raffy like she's their pet while Brody gets shoved to one side.I'm glad he did eventually step up although he didn't do a particularly good job with regards the video.Justin was spot on that they needed to be honest with Raffy and was the perfect big brother here.And it is really good to have Raffy referring to the Morgans' place as "home" again.She's given the choice about seeing her friends this time although I'm not convinced she made the right one. By the way, what happened to Alf? He seemed to leave the surf club with John and Marilyn before the break, after seeing Raffy's collapse on the stream, but there's no sign or mention of him here.

I think the Tori/Robbo/Jasmine stuff kind of passed me by.Chelsea getting drunk was slightly amusing.I think we really need some clarification as to what exactly Neil's actions are.Obviously it's pretty unpleasant to metaphorically hold Bella hostage in order to get Colby to do what he wants, but is she officially missing/kidnapped or is this merely a personal crusade of Colby's? It makes a big difference to the legality of his actions.

Archived