2018 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found it really funny how Tori seemed to both feel sorry for Robbo but made excuses to Justin when he found her looking after him (despite the fact that he kidnapped her), understanding his and Kat's love for each other.  It's brilliant that not only has Justin agreed to keep it from Ash but he's also going to help Robbo get away.  Ash is going to hit to roof when he finds out they kept Robbo right under his nose.:D  Finding him with this whole I need to find Robbo to get revenge really quite annoying so am looking forward to seeing him lose it again.  Whilst I think Tori is helping Robbo for Ash, I can't help thinking there's a part of her that actually doesn't want him to get caught.

Shouldn't really be surprised Willow and Dean know each other given how dodgy she is.  He obviously thinks the sun shines out of her backside.

Can't really get into this whole Brody/Ziggy thing and didn't particularly enjoy their scenes yesterday.

I was mostly rolling my eyes during the Hunter/Olivia plotline.So, despite her pointedly telling Irene that she slept on the couch, are we to assume that Olivia swiftly went back to sleeping with Axel?They definitely seemed like a couple here.To be honest, the whole thing felt spectacularly rushed in order to get Olivia running back to Hunter with her tail between her legs.If that's the last we see of Axel, I'm left wondering what the point was.I never thought he loved Olivia, and I never thought she loved him either, but he didn't treat her particularly badly or turn out to be conning her, he just had other things to do with his time than shower her with attention every minute of the day, and if she thinks that's what a relationship is about then she's got a lot of growing up to do.I don't know, maybe that was meant to be the point:Hunter loved her and Axel didn't, she thought the grass would be greener on the other side and it wasn't.Not sure that seeing the proposal video she ran away from in the first place would convince her of that but maybe I'm being harsh.I wonder if Ziggy would have gone full disclosure with Hunter if she knew Olivia was going to want him back.Either way, I'm glad she did and spared us the reunion, although I'm still expecting one before too long, despite this whole sorry business showing us why marriage would be a very bad idea and Olivia needs to go out and find a life of her own, not get tied to some loser who followed her around like a puppy in high school.

Justin's plan is coming across as rather bonkers and ill-thought-out.Not only is hiding a wanted criminal in the garage in a house full of people turning out to be...well, as difficult as it sounds, but his Plan B doesn't seem to make much sense either.Robbo still needs a hospital so the problem still exists:Even with fake ID and an untraceable car, how far is he going to get?You'd hope the police would have thought of him driving to the next town and going to hospital there.

Meanwhile, Ryder is also now a regular.Well, he's less objectionable than some of the people they've added on but it's frustrating how quick they're discarding interesting plot threads to turn him into a generic reformed teenager, despite attempts to keep his cocky attitude.We've had no real follow-up to the sleeping disorder that has plagued him all his life and was a main cause of the tension between him and Quinn, and now one teary outburst from Roo and he's toddling off to school like a good little boy.I'm kind of hoping that it turns out it isn't for him and he drops out, but there's that snobby attitude towards teenagers leaving school and getting jobs again so it probably won't happen.On the plus side, this cancer storyline could be the making of the Astonis if handled right.We're seeing Ben as the caring family man he was meant to be instead of the domineering bully they made him at the beginning, and we're seeing the proper sisterly bond between Ziggy and Coco that was missing from their early interaction.So a definite hit there!

Right so Hunter was completely oblivious to something happening with Olivia and Axel previously.  I'm surprised he hasn't questioned where she has been for the last week or so.  I really don't think it was Ziggy's place to tell him the truth.  Her main driver for doing it is purely because Jarrod cheated on her.  Regardless the fact that Olivia couldn't tell him she slept with Axel, suddenly changed her mind about marrying him and decided not to go to France should raise suspicion.  Just the week before last whilst she seemed to express guilt at sleeping with Axel, she was at the point where she felt her relationship with Hunter had run its course.  Which I fully accepted.  Now because she has a bad night with Axel and she can't have him all to herself, she decides that doesn't want to be with him or go to France after all.  And I thought it was just Tori that was fickle.  I would actually support her in terms of career progression but it's been made virtually impossible now because of their relationship with her boss.

So Coco/Raffy/Ryder/Jen are the new summer bay high crowd.  Whilst Jen was teasing Raffy it didn't seem as bad as she was towards her before.  And she seems to have lost a lot of the hostility she had towards Coco.  During that women's day thingy they had a while back Jen seemed very isolated so I'm assuming that the various members of her 'gang' abandoned her.  I would like to know more about the circumstances of her isolation.  Or more cynically I can just put it down to the writers giving her a personality transplant to allow her to be properly integrated into the show.

Whilst you can argue Justin has made the wrong decision allow Robbo to stay and not inform the authorities he should definitely be getting rid of him now given that Mason and Raffy are both suss.  So I guess it makes sense to seek help from Willow given her connections.  Will be interesting to see how far they get with that.

In normal everyday life of course someone would have informed the police but this is soap land and people don't do what normal folk would do, be a very short storyline if they did, where would the tension be? Is that garage/annex/flat the same place Willow stayed in? Understandably Justin was suitably confused why Tori asked why he brought Ash back to theirs and in the morning couldn't get rid if him quick enough, soon found out though. Good point about Robbo would have had a police guard if he'd gone to hospital, but we know how good that works or doesn't.  I had the same thought about how much Tori is concerned about Ash going to prison if he catches up with Robbo and how much it is about Robbo.  I can see why Justin has packed Raffy off to John and Marilynn's not so much because of Robbo, he wouldn't hurt her,  more the River Boys they may not be so bothered or even Ash in his current state of mind. If Robbo is as bad as he looks how much longer can Tori treat him, she's only got a limited amount of drugs to hand.  Did Tori actually make any calls to local hospitals?

Willow is a tricky position with her past history with Dean, name blast from the past, Billie's ex was Dean and her burgeoning relationship with Justin, after a lot of thought she preferred to go with Justin. Not sure how Robbo could put up with being loaded into a car boot.

It's mainly Ash who's accusing Robbo 'killing' Kat and his son, I suppose you would if your ex who is pregnant with your child choosing to run off with a known criminal.

Hunter had his suspicions there was something going on with Olivia and Axel when there wasn't.  He did know she was spending time in Melbourne before going to Paris. It does seem like she thought her and Axel would be a couple but from his point of view she's just another protege, he did succeed in part of his plot, he broke up her and Hunter. I think she would have gone to Paris if Hunter hadn't sent her that video and she realised what side of her bread was buttered on.  Ziggy had to make the hard choice of telling what had happened because she didn't want him hurt.  Olivia completely fudged the chance to admit the real truth when Hunter challenged her and handled it well by just walking away.

Did we all miss Ryder changing his mind about going to school? He, Raffy and Coco should make a good team, of course it does depend on whether Ryder will stick it out.  It's good that Raffy and Ryder said they would be there for Coco. Did worry me when Jen was making snidey remarks to Raffy but after Coco stood up for her she backed down, has she changed her attitude? I was concerned, maybe needlessly, when Coco refused dessert in Salt that maybe her bulimia was hovering.

We all cope with anxiety in our own way and I guess being busy is Maggie's way rather than just sitting at home fretting.

I got tired of Hunter's whining, ooh, about five seconds into the episode.And I also got tired of Olivia acting as though the end of a relationship that she's been supremely ambivalent about for weeks is the end of the world.I was glad to see Irene finally supporting Olivia.Objectively I get that Hunter's the wronged party in this instance, but recently she's been acting like she cares less about the girl she's known her whole life than her boyfriend.Still, Irene and Olivia were both deluded to think Hunter would stay living with them after he and Olivia broke up.I imagine he'll fall on his feet as per: He had people queuing up to give him a place to stay after confessing to burning down his previous hosts' house, I'm sure they'll all be quick to offer him a bed now.

Ryder was being a jerk so I'm glad Coco blurted out what he was doing, shades of her telling Diana all the family's secrets.Roo thinking he was interested in the work was another example of her blind spot where he's concerned.I did appreciate Raffy once again showing what a great person she is by offering Coco her support, while Ryder clearly doesn't have a clue.

Alf and John going mob-handed to the police station demanding McCarthy run the River Boys out of town had me rolling my eyes: As he points out, being annoying isn't actually a crime.Mason acquitted himself surprisingly well both in keeping them in line and in a fair fight, with Colby making a decent first impression.(The actor was the friend of Tank's who caused Roo's boyfriend to get injured back in 2015, by the way.)

On 21/03/2018 at 19:02, Razabaza said:

Why are people in the bay acting like Robbo murdered Kat with a chainsaw? It was a car accident and she's the one who was driving.

Personally, I think Ash is to blame.  He escalated the situation and forced Kat and Robbo to go off on the run at a time when she was too emotionally charged to drive safely.  If he had kept his nose out of it, Robbo might have been able to break things to Kat a bit more gently and they would have left the Bay under much less dramatic circumstances.

Archived