2018 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

The 2018 Season finally kicks off in the UK this Monday - and so we have a brand new thread for discussing the show's 30th year. :wink:

Our regular posters who watch at UK pace on Channel 5 know the drilll—but for anyone else who watches at Oz pace or likes to read up on what's yet to come, please DO NOT post any spoilers in here (which includes discussion of 5STAR episodes)!

Happy chatting!

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A small hangover from last weeks episode I had the sudden thought when Hunter tells Irene about him and Olivia being over will she jump to the natural conclusion Olivia told him about her and Axel's one night stand.  Of course making the fatal remark 'so she told you then'.  Oops.

1 hour ago, H&Alover said:

A small hangover from last weeks episode I had the sudden thought when Hunter tells Irene about him and Olivia being over will she jump to the natural conclusion Olivia told him about her and Axel's one night stand.  Of course making the fatal remark 'so she told you then'.  Oops.

It’s quite possible! And would make a swift conclusion to the big secret. I don’t think it will pan out this simple though...

so channel 5 broadscast the ending titles without any voice over today and it was glorious! Those shots of palm beach look amazing too the show feels so fresh and upto date now! Be nice to see the versions of the theme alternating as they do in the intro. Guess we will see if this happens :) 

My hearts breaking for Both Robbo and Ash. It was a big risk for Robbo to call the hospital as he’s a wanted man, calls can be traced etc, he’s putting a lot of trust in Tori keeping her mouth shut that he called and of course about the address. Which, incidentally is now in the hands of Justin. Welcome angry revengeful Ash. What is Justin thinking letting him in the car on the promise he just wants answers?! Has he met him before? Although, I can’t criticise beyond that, he’s trying to help him in anyway possible. As Tori says, how on earth do you help him?

Brody has got his feet well under the table at the farm hasn’t he, bit of hesitation from Ben there, but it’s early days. I’m sure his will work out nicely. I know we mentioned the promo on Friday eluded to Maggie being ill, but there doesn’t seem to be anything to worry about in the immediate according to Tori. I hope Ben doesn’t go all Whiney on her that any diagnosis has gone missed on this occasion....

So here we are with a spanking new season and a spanking new thread, and spanking new credits that seem even harder to read when Channel 5 inevitably shrinks them down.And it seems at least for a few days the Oz scheduling has cancelled itself out, as we are six weeks behind in terms of both when these were shown and when we'll see today's episode.

I must admit my sympathy for Robbo was very limited.He led Kat down this path and she paid the price.I did struggle with Ash at times as well, mainly because this feels like deja vu:We did someone close to him dying and him storming around looking for someone to blame and punch, with Whatever Love Interest It Is looking sympathetic and Justin not quite able to decide whether he's the voice of reason or an enabler, at the beginning of last season.I did like the quieter scene on the beach with Ash and Justin, with Ash awkwardly reminding us that someone's going to have to tell Kat's family that she died breaking the criminal she was sleeping with out of jail.Tori continues to be frustrating:Again, why isn't she giving the address to the police, especially now she knows/suspects Justin's got it and it's the best way to stop Ash charging in?For that matter, why isn't Justin?Taking Ash there "to get some answers" seems positively insane.

I meant to say at the end of last week: Why were Maggie and Coco wearing the same dress?! Maggie's behaviour at the hospital was very odd, with the forced perma-smile: It's like she suspects something's seriously wrong but doesn't want to admit it or for anyone else to know.Tori says "It's probably just a virus." In real life, it probably would just be a virus.In soap, it never is. Meanwhile, when John and Marilyn said they were going upstairs to help clear up Salt, who exactly were they helping?Not Brody, who'd sloped off for reunion sex with Ziggy, which given that Kat's just died and they went back for round two (or whatever) even with Maggie in hospital and Coco in the house, seems more than a little inappropriate.Ben struggling to deal with Brody's presence at the breakfast table did kind of leave me on his side.

22 hours ago, Dan F said:

The 2018 Season finally kicks off in the UK this Monday - and so we have a brand new thread for discussing the show's 30th year.

I didn't make the connection as to why now but yes fitting to do it at the 30th.

It must be rough for Kat's parents.  To lose a son and a daughter in such a short space of time.  Even though I'm on Robbo's side I didn't feel that sorry for him.  Although I thought he was going to do a Kyle and smash up the cot.  And Ash suffering.  Absolutely wonderful.  Bet he wishes VJ hadn't gone off with Luc now.  It was hilarious seeing him losing it with McCarthy and then Justin.  Tori's not a very good liar.  Regardless I do wonder about Justin.  So he thinks that if he takes Ash to see Robbo he's going be able to deal with anything if Ash steps out of line.  He's either naive, ignorant or lying.

Even though they've already slept together I do think Brody was pushing it a bit spending the night at Ziggy's especially with Maggie in hospital and considering that Ben had only just given them his blessing.  Was surprised Ben didn't put up more resistance but he is effectively in a position where it's very difficult for him to object now.  I guess Tori revealing the results of the tests on Maggie was an improvement on the doctor the night before who had a face like a wet weekend.

I'm bad a socializing, so maybe I don't understand how these things work, but is it really a common thing for boyfriends to hang around the house you share with your parents and sibling(s)? I just cringed when I saw Brody making breakfast at the Astoni house. Wouldn't it be weird and awkward to hang around in front of your partner's parents when it's obvious you've had sex with their daughter? Maybe that sounds immature, so it's just so foreign to me. I grew up in a house where no visitors were allowed, not even friends as a child, if you wanted to hang out you did it outside the house. I can't imagine my parents' reaction if I left my hypothetical boyfriend wander around the house.

7 hours ago, Razabaza said:

I'm bad a socializing, so maybe I don't understand how these things work, but is it really a common thing for boyfriends to hang around the house you share with your parents and sibling(s)? I just cringed when I saw Brody making breakfast at the Astoni house. Wouldn't it be weird and awkward to hang around in front of your partner's parents when it's obvious you've had sex with their daughter? Maybe that sounds immature, so it's just so foreign to me. I grew up in a house where no visitors were allowed, not even friends as a child, if you wanted to hang out you did it outside the house. I can't imagine my parents' reaction if I left my hypothetical boyfriend wander around the house.

I wouldn’t say it’s odd. I guess every family is different? However, I would say it’s a bit strange the morning after the father only JUST accepted you though

Contrary to some on here I did/do feel  sorry for Robbo, he may have had some kind of feeling that Kat & the baby would die but to have it confirmed hit him so hard.:cryingsmiley:  I was concerned he'd smash the place up but he just collapsed on the cot then curled up in a ball. He is completely alone, Ash has Tori, the Morgan's and the other folk in the bay to lean on and turn to. Somewhere out there he does have Luke last known as Patrick too. Kat wasn't led anywhere she didn't want to go, it was her decision to spring Robbo and turn her back on her  job (which she loved), her friends and family to go off with the guy she had fallen in love with.  Robbo did take a risk ringing Tori, just lucky she was alone at the time,  that must have been so hard breaking that news. I can totally understand why Ash wants revenge/answers, I must have a different sense of humour because I didn't find his rant at McCarthy hilarious, I think he was lucky McCarthy didn't book him for shoving him around but realised it was because of the state of mind he was in and let it go.  Won't be the first time Ash breaks down like he did with Justin. Naturally the cops wouldn't have any clue as to which way Robbo and Kat were headed in until, maybe, they re-construct the scene in the morning, not that it will help much. Tori did the best she could but Ash is in a bad place at the moment, all she can do is just be there for him.  Touching scene of Ash & Justin on the beach  - who would have thought that would have happened after their initial first meeting - and Ash worrying about what to say to Kat's mum, though of course that will be McCarthy's sad call, reading Kat's profile it seems she has another brother, but we do know that can't be relied on. Did Ash meet her mum at all and will she and the brother turn up for the funeral?  Putting her faults aside and she did have them but she was only human, Kat was a good cop most of the time.

Maz did remark to John again about Robbo having a dark side, of course he did in the shape of Beckett Reid  who he didn't have any memory of and as mentioned before it didn't stop Marilyn fancying him and making John jealous. Come to think of it John himself helped Robbo when he was struggling with his memory loss and even told him of his own experiences.

Tori didn't have the address it turned up in Kat's bag, but I did agree with Justin, Tori must have looked at enough to have remembered it but chose to 'forget' it. Either brave or foolhardy or both for Justin to take Ash to the cottage.   It will resolve matters one way or the other with Ash & an injured Robbo thumping seven bells out of each other plus if it's just left it will just fester and fester with Ash.  I did catch sight of yet another cliff top fight, funny how they seem to pop up just when needed.:wink: 

Well that's decided it there is something wrong with Maggie! Knew it as soon the words ' nothing to worry about' were uttered. Coco had the same results when she was admitted but then her low white blood cell count was due to her bulimia.  Quite right she was kept in overnight she did have a head injury which knocked her out. She grudgingly admitted she'd been feeling under the weather but Tori didn't seem unduly concerned, at this stage it could be anything. Any bets on Maggie not going back as asked? Wow another doctor on duty at NDH!!!  How far away from Salt is the pier, 'cos I'm guessing Ben looked outside there first, he came back and Coco joined him in looking for Maggie. It can't be that far as the tide hadn't come in that much more.

Brody and Ziggy's initial celebration at getting back together was before they heard about Maggie as they both turned up at the hospital together, don't know if it was because Ben was distracted but he didn't make any comment on them arriving as a pair.  Shall I be generous and say their second round as you put it Red was relief at Maggie being OK?:blush:  Ben was between a rock and a hard place when he and Maggie came home and found Brody cooking breakfast and Coco wasn't subtle in saying 'not much sleeping' was going on.  You could argue Brody staying at the farm was so Ziggy and Coco weren't alone.

Archived