Do you think any of the current cast has what it takes longevity?

project90

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, project90 said:

So we got our 6 main stays but do you think any of the other current cast have what it takes to stay past the standard 3 years and if so who and why

Also can anyone tell me if someone wanted stay could they or would one of the 6 have to leave first 

Maggie because she seems similar to Pippa and could stay, yes, Coco and Ziggy are getting older, but her and ben could foster.

So we've got Alf, Palmer, Irene, Marilyn, Roo and Leah. I feel like there's nothing unique about Maggie that the 4 ladies here don't have and she'll go the way of Shelly and Beth and last 4 years max. If Ben was a better written character I'd like him to stick around long term. Zac or Miles would have been good long term characters.

36 minutes ago, 16770052 said:

So we've got Alf, Palmer, Irene, Marilyn, Roo and Leah. I feel like there's nothing unique about Maggie that the 4 ladies here don't have and she'll go the way of Shelly and Beth and last 4 years max. If Ben was a better written character I'd like him to stick around long term. Zac or Miles would have been good long term characters.

Maybe she could be explored better.

From an actor point of view, actors who have done previous Oz TV are more likely to stay. New actors are less likely as they plan to use the show to spring board their career in the US.

From a character point of view it's probably the opposite - the writers favour younger characters and struggle to write for the older ones - hence why Irene just cooks at the dinner a lot and why the characters that are written out have usually been written into a corner

10 hours ago, joany208121 said:

I see them making a strong connection between Leah and Ben, and possibly having either a friendship or relationship between them if Ben stays on 3+ more years

I thought I was the only one LOL. I have felt a vibe between Leah and Ben since the Astonis came into the show. I guess if they kill off Maggie. I woulden''t be surprised if they go their. 

Archived