Week of Monday March 26th

Bri1231

Papers in the UK have been reporting that "A special storyline aired over the course of a week will air at the same time in both Australia and the UK despite the transmission gap". Anyone have any idea what this may be and how can a weeks worth of episodes be aired six weeks behind?  

1 hour ago, Bri1231 said:

Papers in the UK have been reporting that "A special storyline aired over the course of a week will air at the same time in both Australia and the UK despite the transmission gap". Anyone have any idea what this may be and how can a weeks worth of episodes be aired six weeks behind?  

I saw this also. If it was correct, and I don’t think it is, in Aus they’d have to make it look like a flashback or something.

would be quite interesting if it ever was to come to light. 

Spoiler

Looking at the episode synopsis for that week Alfs life is in the balance so itl be a big week regardless

1 hour ago, Bri1231 said:

That is what I was thinking too. I know this aired weeks ago in Australia. As for the same day as Neighbours. Channel Five have told me twice this will never happen :-( 

I wonder why that is, have they given a reason? Could be down to Seven and not Five 

They said in an email that Seven want them to maintain a gap. It is in their contract. I guess so Australia can show episodes all over the place without the risk of Channel five catching up. But even then I would be happy if it was taken off air a few weeks here or there. Two weeks behind would be no problem I would imagine but I guess what Seven says Five must do! 

I have emailed Channel Five to see if I can find out any information. Will update you all. Not long now for us here. The final weeks of 2017 are airing! :-)

4 hours ago, Bri1231 said:

They said in an email that Seven want them to maintain a gap. It is in their contract. I guess so Australia can show episodes all over the place without the risk of Channel five catching up. But even then I would be happy if it was taken off air a few weeks here or there. Two weeks behind would be no problem I would imagine but I guess what Seven says Five must do! 

I have emailed Channel Five to see if I can find out any information. Will update you all. Not long now for us here. The final weeks of 2017 are airing! :-)

Thanks. Seven really don’t treat H&A with any kind of respect 

That Radio Times article has caused quite a bit of confusion, we contacted Channel 5 to query it a couple of weeks back, but no reply.

C5 have given different reasons for the gap in the past, so take any explanation with a pinch of salt. I very much doubt it's 'in the contract' as the gap has been as little as a couple of weeks in years gone by, and the NZ gap is significantly shorter than the UK.

Archived