Recycled Sets and Sets from other shows?

Prisoner has done it, Neighbours does it, so I'm sure Home and Away is guilty of it too...

Has Home and Away recycled previous sets that were used in an earlier era or used sets that were used in other shows? One of my teachers once told me that the Summer Bay House was also used in Packed To The Rafters, but I don't know how true that is. Anyone else have any ideas?

There are times I’ve thought it, but Home and Away aren’t as obvious about it.

Josie/Amanda’s apartment was similar to Travis & Rebecca/Chloe & Lachie’s apartment.

Shane & Angel’s house/The Drop In Centre were similar too. 

It would be unlikely that they kept those sets given the long gaps between appearances, but you never know.

19 hours ago, Luigi Severus Fletcher said:

Prisoner has done it, Neighbours does it, so I'm sure Home and Away is guilty of it too...

Has Home and Away recycled previous sets that were used in an earlier era or used sets that were used in other shows? One of my teachers once told me that the Summer Bay House was also used in Packed To The Rafters, but I don't know how true that is. Anyone else have any ideas?

I don't know how that would work seeing parts of that set have been used pretty much non stop for a lot of years.

• 2 months later...

It would have been good if they could have re-used the Wentworth set for the prison near Summer Bay or for the school. I mean, the Wentworth set looked so much like a school and not a prison.

Archived