Does anyone think Morag still had a soft side in the 80s?.

j.laur5

I used think Morag was too one dimensional in the 80s and only was around to say nasty comments.

But after re watching I do think Morag did have a soft side to her and it did want to get out more than it did.

I think Morag was very good towards Marilyn and Marilyn could be very trying in her early days. When Marilyn was driving Morag up the wall instead of Morag being nasty to her she decided to do the mature thing and leave the house for while. I think Morag seemed help Marilyn improve her social skills. 

She did generally want to help Pippa after Tom was missing and babysit Christoper. 

So what are your guys thoughts?.

Marilyn did bring out her softer side, as did her servant Nigel. I also think she had a soft spot for Roo too - I know she manipulated Roo and tried to break up her and Simon, but she did it out of love. 

Morag was a complex and lonely character and I think she did genuinely want to be liked. It's a shame Morag didn't stick around for longer in 1989 - I would have loved to have seen her gradually develop a functional relationship with Alf, Ailsa and Celia, and perhaps in the long-term, even connect with Bobby on some level. 

34 minutes ago, adam436 said:

Marilyn did bring out her softer side, as did her servant Nigel. I also think she had a soft spot for Roo too - I know she manipulated Roo and tried to break up her and Simon, but she did it out of love. 

Morag was a complex and lonely character and I think she did genuinely want to be liked. It's a shame Morag didn't stick around for longer in 1989 - I would have loved to have seen her gradually develop a functional relationship with Alf, Ailsa and Celia, and perhaps in the long-term, even connect with Bobby on some level. 

Morag and Marilyn were like H&A version of Mrs Mangel and Jane. 

I think if Bobby or Morag try to   be nice to each other   and then I think   They would they would started getting along. 

On 13/02/2018 at 01:50, j.laur5 said:

I wish they gave Morag a more busy-body side to her but in Mrs Mangel's way of being a busy-body not Colleen way. 

But that's the type of person Morag hated. She couldn't bare small mindedness or that small down mentality of Celia. She was a real cow but had an exciting life. She wasn't bothered about the little issues Mrs mangel was. She was a sad bitter old lady with no life 

Marilyn was so innocent and I think Morag could see that. She wasn't a threat. Morag was incredible selfish and narcissistic at times who really thought she was a cut above the rest because she married above her station, broke free of summerbay and got an amazing good job. She hated being in the position of being back in the bay and having to communicate with the locals. Everything she did was for a reason for her own ends. Marilyn wasn't from the bay which is another reason why she wasn't that nasty. Also I think Morag tried a few put downs but realised there was no point as Marilyn didn't even get the sarcasm

5 minutes ago, Blaxland 89 said:

But that's the type of person Morag hated. She couldn't bare small mindedness or that small down mentality of Celia. She was a real cow but had an exciting life. She wasn't bothered about the little issues Mrs mangel was. She was a sad bitter old lady with no life 

Marilyn was so innocent and I think Morag could see that. She wasn't a threat. Morag was incredible selfish and narcissistic at times who really thought she was a cut above the rest because she married above her station, broke free of summerbay and got an amazing good job. She hated being in the position of being back in the bay and having to communicate with the locals. Everything she did was for a reason for her own ends. Marilyn wasn't from the bay which is another reason why she wasn't that nasty. Also I think Morag tried a few put downs but realised there was no point as Marilyn didn't even get the sarcasm

Having said that there were signs of being soft. Wanting to see Bobby get married, pulling out of that macklin deal as fisher made her question her morals, her affection for banjo! 

1 hour ago, Blaxland 89 said:

Morag tried a few put downs but realised there was no point as Marilyn didn't even get the sarcasm

Having said that there were signs of being soft. Wanting to see Bobby get married, pulling out of that macklin deal as fisher made her question her morals, her affection for banjo! 

True she did show softer moments but they were kept to a minimum and yeah Marilyn was completely oblivious to Morag’s nastiness that’s what was so funny.

Feel like this moment says it best 

https://youtu.be/GUmkCyT6Dgk

A storyline I always wished they do is something to get 80s Morag back for at least a few months. An accident and she wakes up with amnesia maybe, last memory being from her sea plane accident after Bobby's wedding. A little far fetched losing that big chunk of memory but she'd have to find out about Bobby's death all over again. Or maybe she has a stoke and goes back to her nasty ways like Harold on Neighbours. I'm no writer but please if anyone wants to take this up as a fan fiction challenge I'd love to read it

4 hours ago, project90 said:

Feel like this moment says it best 

https://youtu.be/GUmkCyT6Dgk

A storyline I always wished they do is something to get 80s Morag back for at least a few months. An accident and she wakes up with amnesia maybe, last memory being from her sea plane accident after Bobby's wedding. A little far fetched losing that big chunk of memory but she'd have to find out about Bobby's death all over again. Or maybe she has a stoke and goes back to her nasty ways like Harold on Neighbours. I'm no writer but please if anyone wants to take this up as a fan fiction challenge I'd love to read it

I think we had this to a certain extent ten years ago where Morag said some nasty things to her family, (most notably her outburst at Colleen in the Pier Diner when she was on a date with Ross). She wasn't as nasty as she was back in the 80's, but it was enough to lead her to apologise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfas2DJU6vQ

Archived