Colby Thorne - Tim Franklin

project90

On 23/06/2019 at 23:17, j.laur5 said:

Ross was even worse than Charlotte so I hardly think Colby killing Ross is worse than Josh killing Charlotte as both Ross and Charlotte deserved to die. 

Josh killed Charlotte by accident and in self defence. So for me, Colby’s murder of Ross was waaaay worse. Josh’s actions after Charlotte’s death were reprehensible. Both storylines ruined characters for me and both made me stop watching.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Little bean said:

Josh killed Charlotte by accident and in self defence. So for me, Colby’s murder of Ross was waaaay worse. Josh’s actions after Charlotte’s death were reprehensible. Both storylines ruined characters for me and both made me stop watching.

But Ross was a bad person and I think of all the people Colby saved.  Ross was the type to kill any decent human being. Charlotte was the same and if Josh hadn’t killed Charlotte when he did then half the characters would be dead by now. Charlotte would have kept on killing people and she would even have killed her own son Hunter once he turned against her.

Gunno even called Charlotte a piece of work and at least Gunno only went after enemies and I thought Gunno was still not a good person by any means. 

18 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

But Ross was a bad person and I think of all the people Colby saved.  Ross was the type to kill any decent human being. Charlotte was the same and if Josh hadn’t killed Charlotte when he did then half the characters would be dead by now. Charlotte would have kept on killing people and she would even have killed her own son Hunter once he turned against her.

Gunno even called Charlotte a piece of work and at least Gunno only went after enemies and I thought Gunno was still not a good person by any means. 

Actually, when you think about it, if Josh didn't kill Charlotte, then a lot of people (such as Hannah, Oscar, Maddy and Ricky) wouldn't have been killed or maimed for life. 

51 minutes ago, j.laur5 said:

Why do you say that?

Because, if he didn't, then Dylan Carter wouldn't have come to town and arrested Zac (because Josh kept quiet, which was very much out of character for him), then Tank wouldn't have become involved, which made no-one happy, which ultimately led to the explosion. It's unrealistic to put the entire blame on him, there's plenty of blame to go around, but his killing of Charlotte sparked this chain of events. And as Little bean pointed out, it ruined Josh's character. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
17 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

I feel that Colby has been very underused other than looking after his sister and a brief thing with Mackenzie. 

Also the only time he really interacts with other characters is to do with police work or to do with Bella. 

Yeah I agree. He doesn't feel that integrated into the community these days.

• 3 years later...

I feel Colby got rather a harsh exit. I know a lot people felt he deserved to go to jail for killing someone regardless of how they were but how I look at it was that it was someone who killed both his parents and hid his sister for years and later kidnapped his sister, his wife and best friend and shot Willow. It’s no wonder Colby was pushed over the edge.

I do think Colby mostly wanted to be a good person but I think certain circumstances and factors got in the way of his better judgment. I do think that if Colby had just owned up too killing Ross from the beginning he would likely have just got self defence and would likely have got kicked out of the police force and with possibly  suspended sentence or good behaviour bond.  I do think 25 years was rather a harsh sentence given they did not fully explore  the background on what lead to Ross to shooting. I guess burying the body did not help matters but Colby did not bring Dean down with him and some ways understood why Willow did what she had do even I went off her character after that  and even Ziggy said you betrayed your mate despite what you did took guts. 

I though was harsh how lot Summer Bay residents got cold towards Colby as Mackenzie was being hypocrite given she was dated ex  arm robber Ari  and think Ziggy was far to quick to play judge on  Dean and Colby and Marilyn and Nikau made harsh comments on Colby even though  at time Marilyn was harsh about everyone as wasnt in her right head space.  

As for Angelo i truly hated his character after this and he was so hypocrite of him given he killed Jack and even it was not tensional and letting Hugo run free after all his criminal behavior and just felt he wanted to get back Colby because he was part gang that chase him out of town ten years previously and okay did not help matters Colby having affair with his wife. 

It’s funny in early days of Colby and Dean they were saying Colby always cleaning Dean mess here’s  in and then later days it was them saying  Dean always getting into Colby mess. 

I know Colby told Bella to never visit him but hope Bella at least called her brother to tell him she was moving to her  other side planet. 

Hopefully Colby might return one day and redeem his harsh  exit .

Edited by j.laur5