Colby Thorne - Tim Franklin

project90

15 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

I disagree, I think Colby/Dean/Jasmine/Willow are most likeable characters in long while. 

I disagree on Jasmine (I just find her a bit boring but not unlikeable) but agree on the others. Its nice seeing them as a 'family' that isn't blood related.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've seriously gone off Colby in the recent months. He seems to think he can break the law and murder whenever he wants because he's protecting Bella, when usually he makes things worse. 

• 1 month later...

To be honest, it's kind of weird. Most of the shows and movies I watch are action ones (such as 24,, Daredevil, or the Punisher), where often enough the protagonists take the law into their own hands, and 99% of the time I find myself cheering for them. Yet, I don't for H&A when it unfortunately happens a lot, and it being a main reason why I've gone off Colby., which is weird since I defended a lot of his actions last year when he first showed up.  I guess the main reason for the contrast is because for the other shows, most of the time, those protagonists have complex motivations or complex characters, as well as the fact we see some sort of realistic consequences for most of them, (the physiological affect can be seen for many anti-heroes, at least), and usually, these characters would have some standards. I don't see any of this in Colby. When he first acted against the law, I was like "Okay. He has some good intentions, at least hopefully he learns from it and try and do a proper job as a cop and uphold the law for himself." But no, he keeps using it to his own advantage, even lying to his fiance, and things only work out for him for use of the plot, even when his intentions are less good. That's why it's hard for me to continue to like him.  Also, the fact is that H&A is actually the first soap I watched in 2008, so I was expecting at least that it somewhat realistic (but still dramatic), but it's really gone off recently. 

Edited by D.B

I quite like Colby.  Ok, he killed someone but it was for the right reasons (if there ever can be such a thing).  I like how he is so protective of Bella and his friendship with Dean & Willow.

I just wonder whether the writers have an arc planned out for him and the truth will out.  How will the other SB residents react when they find out what he did?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, baywatcher said:

I quite like Colby.  Ok, he killed someone but it was for the right reasons (if there ever can be such a thing).  I like how he is so protective of Bella and his friendship with Dean & Willow.

I just wonder whether the writers have an arc planned out for him and the truth will out.  How will the other SB residents react when they find out what he did?

I wonder too as they haven't mentioned the investigation in ages or even really shown much of the police department. Surely something will have to come up eventually?

3 hours ago, Lunar said:

I wonder too as they haven't mentioned the investigation in ages or even really shown much of the police department. Surely something will have to come up eventually?

I don't think it will, a lot of time has passed for them bring the investigation back. Storylines don't last that long on H&A. Nowadays they are focusing on Bella's behavior, Willow and Dean are OK, Chelsea is gone, so I think TPTB want us to forget about what had happened. IMO the only way to bring it up again is for Colby's exit, it would be the same as Andy's murder of Jake Pirovich - Andy killed him, they all moved on and then all of the sudden he admitted it and that was his exit. 

Edited by Lila_Q
  • Like 1

I would like them to explore a bisexual story line for Colby, he seems like the fit for it and can make a couple of good story lines and character development.I know  they are thinking of one currently. (in the spoiler section)

Edited by jakeyy.

35 minutes ago, jakeyy. said:

I would like them to explore a bisexual story line for Colby, he seems like the fit for it and can make a couple of good story lines and character development.I know  they are thinking of one currently. (in the spoiler section)

I just can’t imagine Colby being in bi storyline and can even imagine Dean more in bi storyline then Colby. 

23 hours ago, D.B said:

To be honest, it's kind of weird. Most of the shows and movies I watch are action ones (such as 24 or the Punisher), where often enough the protagonists take the law into their own hands, and 99% of the time I find myself cheering for them. Yet, I don't for H&A when it unfortunately happens a lot, and it being a main reason why I've gone off Colby., which is weird since I defended a lot of his actions last year when he first showed up.  I guess the main reason for the contrast is because for the other shows, most of the time, those protagonists have complex motivations or complex characters, as well as the fact we see some sort of realistic consequences for most of them, (the physiological affect can be seen for many anti-heroes, at least). I don't think that Colby has that appeal. When he first acted against the law, I was like "Okay. He has some good intentions, at least hopefully he learns from it and try and do a proper job as a cop and uphold the law for himself." But no, he keeps using it to his own advantage, even lying to his fiance, and things only work out for him for use of the plot. That's why it's hard for me to continue to like him.  Also, the fact is that H&A is actually the first soap I watched in 2008, so I was expecting at least that it somewhat realistic (but still dramatic), but it's really gone off recently. 

I totally agree. I’ve actually struggled to watch it since Colby killed Ross in cold blood. I really liked him when he first arrived too!  I have it recorded and catch up in bits occasionally but mostly I just keep up with it here in the vain hope that the truth comes out and he has to face the consequences. I suspect it will only happen when he leaves. 

• Like 2