Would you like to have seen Fisher and Pippa become a couple in 1990?

adam436

After Tom died, Fisher developed a crush on Pippa but it didn't go anywhere and Pippa let him down gently. What if she didn't?

Do you think Don and Pippa would have been a better match than Michael and Pippa? 

I do feel like that by 1990 however, we'd seen Fisher's fatherly side with Viv and Bobby,  that he probably could have stepped up to the central father figure, but I'm not sure he'd have been right for Pippa #2. She became quite joyless and dull when the role was recast, that she would have sucked all the fun out of him because she became quite joyless with a new actress. 

On the other hand, I feel like Fisher and Pippa #1 would have worked as a "old couple" pairing, as Donald was very old-fashioned and serious and Pippa #1 was modern, more relaxed and bubbly. It would have been like Fisher and Marilyn, but toned down alot

If I recall, Pippa's rejection of Donald was pretty much Vanessa Downing's final scene too. Is that a coincidence or were TPTB perhaps planning to make them a couple but changed their minds when she quit?

Interesting, I don't know if I would have liked it, if I had seen it on the Early Years 7TWO broadcast. I honestly don't know how it would have worked, Fisher was the Principal, and strict at that. It would have been funny to see if he brings the issues home with him, what he would have been like to foster kids he had to live with every day, and if he had to live with them, this would make a nice Fan Fic, I might try it one day.

6 hours ago, adam436 said:

After Tom died, Fisher developed a crush on Pippa but it didn't go anywhere and Pippa let him down gently. What if she didn't?

Do you think Don and Pippa would have been a better match than Michael and Pippa? 

I do feel like that by 1990 however, we'd seen Fisher's fatherly side with Viv and Bobby,  that he probably could have stepped up to the central father figure, but I'm not sure he'd have been right for Pippa #2. She became quite joyless and dull when the role was recast, that she would have sucked all the fun out of him because she became quite joyless with a new actress. 

On the other hand, I feel like Fisher and Pippa #1 would have worked as a "old couple" pairing, as Donald was very old-fashioned and serious and Pippa #1 was modern, more relaxed and bubbly. It would have been like Fisher and Marilyn, but toned down alot

If I recall, Pippa's rejection of Donald was pretty much Vanessa Downing's final scene too. Is that a coincidence or were TPTB perhaps planning to make them a couple but changed their minds when she quit?

Good question. I actually ask about this sometime ago. In my opinion VanPip and Donald would've made a nice couple however I enjoy the friendships he had with VanPip and Ailsa.

Yes. Maybe they just wanted to try up the "loose ends" with Vanessa's Pippa in terms of storylines, so Debra could start on a clean slate (as much as she could taking on an existing character!) or maybe it was just a coincidence these were her final scenes. Vanessa's final week also had Ben and Carly's wedding too... 

Fisher did become serious but in the first year or so of his time in the show I think he was certainly not serious a lot of the time. He could be vulgar and insulting. He often used to insult Neville and Tom a lot of the time plus he used underhand tactics against pupils he did not like. We were originally meant to hate him, maybe they wanted him to be a semi regular/recurring villain of the piece but they then made him a full time character and added flesh to the bones, and made him more nuanced. I think Don and Pippa would have made a good couple and she was more suited to him than Maz. Pippa was more Don's age as well.

On 1/27/2018 at 22:15, adam436 said:

Yes. Maybe they just wanted to try up the "loose ends" with Vanessa's Pippa in terms of storylines, so Debra could start on a clean slate (as much as she could taking on an existing character!) or maybe it was just a coincidence these were her final scenes.

Donald's crush/feelings  for Pippa continued to get mentioned after Debra takes over.

On 2/1/2018 at 11:29, Sally Keating said:

Donald's crush/feelings  for Pippa continued to get mentioned after Debra takes over.

Yeah, he got mentioned, but he'd been rejected by that point. Maybe it was just coincidentally Vanessa's final episode or perhaps they were intending them to be a couple but took Pippa in a new direction with a new actress.  

• 1 month later...

No. I don't think they'd have been a good fit. Even though Fisher became a softer person as time went on, he would have been too stuffy and uptight for Pippa. I think Michael was the right match for Pippa and it's a shame they killed him off. That's a subject for another thread though. I think Patricia, the ex-nun who taught in Summer Bay High before being despatched to nowheresville would have been a better match for Don. 

Archived