30th Anniversary DVD/Blu-Ray Box set?

Inactive.User

I would love a boxset with all episodes from all seasons of Home and Away on DVD and Blu-ray, may be even Blu-Ray 4k, with corrections and other things, I know this would be hard to do, but it would work and people would pay lot's of money. Neighbours did this with the first couple of seasons. Home and Away could release it per season if necessary, like a new season every 6 months or so, then just add every season once the new season starts. This would be edited together so we obviously don't have ads and we have Closing themes for all Episodes and Opening themes where applicable.

They could also add special episodes and things which went on the cutting floor as part of original episodes where possible so we get to see things like Alf's 60th birthday episode as intended, and we get to see more old characters. I would love a few extra episodes explaining the past for characters or what happens after some of our favourites left the Bay.

If necessary, they could release episodes together like Episode 4000/Alf's Birthday, iconic births, weddings, funerals/Deaths etc. Plus a few funny or heart-warming episodes, these would be in full if possible, with theme songs and all, these would have the bits that got cut put back in if possible.

19 minutes ago, Pierced Musie said:

Too many episodes for DVD or bluray, so they would stop after a few volumes, stating lack of sales probably. The best they could do would be making it available to stream in all Countries, like google play/netflix/amazon. That would be awesome with all soaps!

Maybe, see my other idea, which is for a best of, maybe they could to solve issues release the whole series as a limited time thing.

19 hours ago, David Deex said:

Maybe, see my other idea, which is for a best of, maybe they could to solve issues release the whole series as a limited time thing.

It’d cost to much. With channel 7 having to negotiate licensing and paying production companies for the rights to early episodes. Wouldn’t be cost effective for channel 7. It’d be good if they could tho

7000 episodes of a TV show on DVD... far out... good luck with putting that together Channel 7

I would love for a Home and Away Boxset to be released but I just don't think it's likely to happen. I think that releasing each year on DVD is much more likely but even that would be a stretch to put around 220 episodes on 30 separate boxsets

The way forward is uploading to the internet and cashing in on the money the uploads would earn through advertising over time. Releasing box sets is a very old fashioned and expensive way to release the show now and probably wouldn't be worth it considering only a very small percentage of fans would purchase them.

On ‎29‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 12:05, David Deex said:

Be warned, like with every soap, there'll be long stretches of crap to go through with that idea. If H&A started out bi-weekly then yeah, it could work.

On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 09:13, harrietjames said:

How many folks have the DVD specials like Secrets in the City?

I do and it's a big waste of money. Two eps that were already shown on TV and this special ep aside from City filming has nothing that couldn't have been shown in a regular ep. However, the Extras (cast interviews) salvage it somewhat. Hearts Divided seemed to be a better endeavour.

It was one of the first DVDs I bought.

Archived