I'll still be doing it the way I do it
And yet, you try to make me forget
Who I really am, don't tell me I'm no best
I'm not the same as all the rest

I am the one and only
Nobody I'd rather be
I am the one and only
You can't take that away from me

Carly walked into the pantry and pulled a mirror out of her pocket and looked at her eye and sighed. She was really annoyed at Matt, this was his fault. She wished he never came over to speak to her. Carly heard footsteps in the kitchen, quickly put the mirror in her pocket and reached up on a higher shelf for a time of tomatoes

“Be careful, you don’t want another tin falling on you again” Lucinda said as she walked into the kitchen

“I know, I am so clumsy” Carly said and smiled then walked out of the pantry

“Hi” Adam said as he walked up to the counter

“Hello” Lucinda said and smiled at Adam. This was the first time seeing him since she got back to Summer Bay

“How was your visit home? Adam said

“Good, thank you…..happy new year” Lucinda said

“Yeah, I think its going to be very happy” Adam said and smiled

“Oh, Lucinda, just a coffee to take away please” Donald said as he got to the counter then he looked at Adam and put his hand in his pocket and took out some change as Lucinda poured some coffee in a plastic cup

I've been a player in the crowd scene
A flicker on the big screen
My soul embraces one more in a million faces
High hopes and aspirations, and years above my station
Maybe but all this time I've tried to walk with dignity and pride

I am the one and only
Nobody I'd rather be
I am the one and only
You can't take that away from me

“Oh Uncle Donald, Bobby is back” Lucinda said as she put the cup on the counter

“That’s good for her…ill see you later” Donald said then he picked up the coffee, put the money on the counter and left the diner as Lucinda and Adam watched him walk out.

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Bobby exhaled as Pippa finished telling her what happened to Reverend Jones

“What do you think we can do to help him?” Bobby said

“There isn’t anything we can do. The church has to do an investigation” Pippa said

“Poor Reverend Jones…now I feel bad for going away, maybe if I was here this wouldn’t have happened” Bobby said

“No sweetheart, you needed to go away. This will resolve its self and Alex will be fine” Pippa said hoping in her heart that it was true

“Can we not go and see him?” Bobby said

“No, I don’t even know where he is “ Pippa said as Bobby sighed

“Hey, cheer up, things will be fine..I promise” Pippa said and smiled

“So what about you? Tell me about your travels” Pippa said

“Well, I went to Adelaide and looked at the house my nan left me” Bobby said

“So you decided to take her up on her offer?” Pippa said as Bobby nodded

“I thought about it, I understand why she did what she did even though it hurt” Bobby said

“Good on you…holding on to hurt and angry only destroys us” Pippa said and she grabbed Bobby’s hand and smiled

“I also spent some time in Shaolhaven..it was really nice there..the house is not too far from the beach” Bobby said

“Don’t tell these lot, they will all want to go on holiday there” Pippa said and her and Bobby laughed

“Yeah…it was really nice to get away, have some time to think” Bobby said

“So..have you made any decisions and resolutions for this year? Pippa said

Background music- Frank and Bobbys theme

“Yeah, Im going to go to Uni” Bobby said

“That’s wonderful sweetheart” Pippa said and she squeezed Bobby’s hand

“What are you going to study?” Pippa said

“well I thought about a few things but I think I have a good thing going with the sands and the diner, so I think a business degree will help me” Bobby said

“Very proud of you…so you are going to move to the city?” Pippa said

“Thanks, Im not sure yet, I need to go an enroll and see the schedule and stuff…I bet you wish I did it a few years ago” Bobby said

“Better late than never” Pippa said and smiled

“Sweetheart….about Frank” Pippa was interrupted

“Pippa, I don’t want him to know…..its all over now..im moving on” Bobby said and Pippa sighed and nodded

“When I went to Adelaide, one of my nanas old neighbours saw me and said my nana left something for me. When I was a little girl, one of my dreams was to live on the beach with my family…my nana brought me a house on the beach as a wedding present” Bobby said

“Oh Bobby…I am so sorry” Pippa said and she moved closer to hug Bobby

“Its ok..it just wasnt meant to be” Bobby said

“You are so brave and I love you so much….what are you going to do with the house?” Pippa said

“I don’t know…I don’t think I can live it it yet…but I do want to move out of Dads” Bobby said

“Why?” Pippa said

“He disapproves of everything I do and Ive been through too much to always have him putting me down” Bobby said

“Well this is your home, you are always welcome here” Pippa said

“Thanks…I have to go, I need to go to the resort” Bobby said and she stood up and Pippa gave her a hug

“I love you” Pippa said

“I love you too” Bobby said then she sighed and walked out of the house

Background music ends

Morgan Residence- New York

When Frank opened the door, Roo was sitting on the couch reading some papers. Ro was still upset that Donavan proposed to Nancy and all she heard all day was how happy Nancy was going to be and her wedding plans

“Hi” Frank said as he put his bag down

“Hi” Roo said not looking up from the papers she was reading. After their argument on New Years eve, Frank tried to make up for overreacting about the comments Alf said about them waiting to have a family. Frank didn’t tell Roo that he had been playing card games and winning money, he wanted it to be a surprise when he brought them their dream house.

“How was work?” Frank said and he opened his bag and took the bag out and walked towards the couch and sat down

“Fine” Roo said still not looking up

“Look, I am really sorry alright..here” Frank said and he gave the bag to Roo

“What is this?” Roo said as she took the bag

“Its an I am sorry gift” Frank said as Roo looked at him then she opened the bag and her eyes went wide as she saw a tiffany box. Roo took the box out and hurridly opened it and saw a pair of earrings that matched the necklace and bracelet she had

“Frank…I don’t know what to say” Roo said as she stared at the earrings

“Say we are going to put what happened in the past and this is a new year, new start” Frank said

“Ok” Roo said and smiled then she leaned forward and kissed Frank and hugged him then her smile disappeared

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:)

Chapter 202

Bayside Diner- Summer Bay

Viv and Tammy laughed as Grant told them a story. Viv looked around the diner, she really liked it here. She was happy that her and Tammy lived with Grant and she was hoping that they would stay there permanently.

“Now, you know Mrs Malloy is coming tomorrow” Grant said then Tammy hugged him

“I don’t want to go home, I want to stay here with you” Tammy said

“Its ok sweetie, I want that too but you have to tell Mrs Malloy everything that happened and hopefully she will let you stay with me” Grant said as Viv slumped back in her chair

“Hey, what’s the sad face for?” Grant said as he looked at Viv

“That lady is really strict, I think she wants to send us home” Viv said

“She has to do her job, besides…I am going to enroll you and Tammy in school before she comes, that way she has to think twice about taking you both away” Grant said and wink then Viv smiled and leaned forward and drank her milkshake

Megan walked into the diner and saw Grant with Tammy and Viv, she rolled her eyes.

Flashback

Grant- Look you have a boyfriend, that shouldn’t have happened

Megan – You cant deny that there is an attraction between us

Grant- Even if there is, I don’t mess with other blokes girlfriends

Megan- Martin is just a really good friend, he knows where he stands

Grant- I think he believes he is more than a friend

Megan – now things are awkward again

Grant – Im fine

Flashback ends

After the kiss on New Years, she thought that maybe he would change his mind but since the girls moved in, all does is spend his time with them. Before Grant saw here, Megan walked out of the diner disappointed.

Caravan Park-  Summer Bay

Background music- radio

What a wicked game you played to make me feel this way
What a wicked thing to do to let me dream of you
What a wicked thing to say you never felt this way
What a wicked thing to do to make me dream of you

And I don't want to fall in love (this girl is only gonna break your heart)
No, I don't want to fall in love (this girl is only gonna break your heart)
With you

Martin pushed the last shirt into the bag and sighed. He felt like such a fool. He wanted to go around the Grants house and deck him but that wasn’t going to solve anything, it wasn’t his fault.  Martin turned the radio off and picked up his bag and the letter he left for Lance. He went into the living room and put the bag down then he put the letter by the phone. He looked around the mobile home and smiled then he picked up his bag, put it on his shoulder, put the key on the chair,  locked the inside and slid the sliding door shut.

Emotional background music

Martin didn’t know where he was going but he knew he had to go. As he walked down the steps he looked around the caravan park and remembered all the good times he had here with Lance and also his other mates. He was really going to miss Summer Bay, his home. He walked towards the beach, he wanted to be there one last time before he left.

Summer Bay

Bobby drove slowly as she looked at the house numbers. When she saw number 14 she stopped. She got out of the car and walked towards the house. It still had the sold sign on the outside. Bobby looked in the window, the house was empty. She went around the back and looked through the window then she sighed. This was supposed to be her dream home with Frank….Bobby sighed and walked away.

Background music ends

The Bistro- The City

The vibration of the moving table moved the pen to the edge and it fell on the floor. Matt thrusted harder as Rebecca held onto the table. Matt sped up his thrusts then eventually slowed down and stopped. He walked away from Rebecca, disposed of his protection and sat down at his desk and sighed. He didn’t really care if anyone found out about what he was doing with Rebecca, he had been lied to and lost Carly so he didn’t really care. Rebecca pulled up her jeans then she went and stood next to Matt and began to kiss his neck

“What are you doing?” Matt said as he shrugged her off

“I was thinking we can go and watch a movie later when you finish work” Rebecca said

“What?” Matt said and he laughed

“I think we should go and see a movie, like a date or something” Rebecca said

“You are joking right? Matt said

“No, I thought you would want to spend time with me...now that you and mum are finished” Rebecca said as she ran her finger on Matts shoulder. Matt grabbed her hand and pulled her forward

“Look, I am not dating you, I don’t want to spend time with you, youre only good for one thing and you know you want it so stop playing games” Matt said angrily then he let go of Rebecca and she fell to the follo

‘Ok ok…im sorry…Mum asked to come here to talk to you…ask you if you would speak to her” Rebecca said as she got up.

“Your mum is a lying scum bag…I never want to see her again…actually, you get out too” Matt said as Rebecca looked at him hurt

“Do you mean it?” Rebecca said looking hurt

“Yeah, get out” Matt said

“Knock on the door”

“Yeah” Matt said and the door opened. Narelle was a bit surprised when she saw Rebecca

“G’day” Narelle said looking at Rebecca. Rebecca smiled

“Matt we need some change” Narelle said

“I better go” Rebecca said and she walked out of the office

“Remember I got this weekend off…im going to Summer Bay” Narelle said excited. Jeff invited her down to spend the weekend

“I cant believe you are going to date Mr Samuels” Matt said shaking his head

“Why, whats wrong with him?” Narelle said defensive

“I dunno he is Mr Samuels” Matt said then laughed

“Well he is nice and a gentleman and he is a 8 ½” Narelle said

“A what?” Matt said

“8 1/2 on my kissing scale” Narelle said and smiled to herself. Matt shook his head and turned around to the safe. As Narelle walked to the other side of the desk to get the money something caught her ey..she looked down and saw the discarded protection that Matt just used. Narelle looked at Matt with a confused look on her face

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

Bobby closed the car door and began to walk towards the entrance of the resort. As she walked to the office of the general manager, she walked passed the fitness centre and saw a familiar face, Jeff Samuels was back in town. Jeff looked at Bobby and smiled, she didn’t respond and walked on.

“Hi Bobby” Bobby looked around to see Geoff coming out of the laundry

“Hi” Bobby said

“Your dad said you went away” Geoff said

“Yeah, I needed to clear my head” Bobby said

“Are you alright now” Geoff

“Yeah” Bobby said

“Mum says hello, she was worried about you” Geoff said and Bobby smiled

“Look Bobby, I know that Tom wasn’t my son but I felt it too when he died” Geoff said as Bobby looked at him

“I love you and I want us to try again” Geoff said as Bobby sighed

“ Geoff, I cant talk about this now, I am going to see Mr Handcock” Bobby said

“Maybe I can come over to your place later” Geoff said

“Geoff, I am really tired” Bobby said

“Please” Geoff said

“Ok…I got to go” Bobby said then she walked away as Geoff smiled to himself

Beach- Summer Bay

Emotionally background music

Flashback

Martin- You know what lance, we going to be really famous and all the chicks are going to wanna know us

Lance- Yeah

Martin – I can see it now, you and me driving in a limousine with the hottest chicks going to the latest nightclub. Everybody shouting our name and trying to get into the club with us

Lance- Yeah we gonna be famous

Flashback ends

Martin smiled to himself as he remembered all the get rich schemes he and Lance did in the hopes of being famous one day. Martin looking into the water then sighed then began to walk away

“Martin” Martin looked to his right to see Megan waving at him. He had not seen her since he saw her kissing Grant. He didn’t want her to tell him lies because he already knew the truth. Martin ignored Megan and continued to walk. Megan ran and caught up to him

“Hi…I havnt see you” Megan said as she walked next to Martin, he didn’t respond

“Martin is there something wrong?” Megan said and Martin exhaled and stopped walking and looked at her

“I saw you kissing Grant “ Martin said as a look of guilt spread across Megans face

“He kissed me” Megan said

“I didn’t see you pushing him off” Martin said

“I did push him off, I told him that we are close and he and I are just friends” Megan said as Matt shook his head and began to walk. Megan grabbed his arm and he stopped

“I am serious, he came on to me” Megan said

“Look, I am not stupid. You’ve had the hots for him for a long time, I can see it but I was stupid to believe that that you really liked me…how wrong was I” Martin said

“ I do like you” Megan said

“No you don’t. when I first met you, I knew you were the one for me. I just knew in my heart that I wanted to marry you. All I want to do is take care of you and love you. Ive never felt this way about another chick. You are the first I really feel in love with and you played with that” Martin said

“I didn’t play with your love, I told you I wasn’t ready to get married” Megan said

“You should’ve been honest and told me you didn’t want to be with me at all and you wanted to be with Grant” Martin sid

“I don’t want to be with Grant” Megan said

“Just stop ok…don’t lie to me anymore..I got to go” Martin said and he began to walk

“Where are you going?” Megan said

“I am leaving Summer Bay…I am going somewhere were people don’t lie to me…have a nice life” Martin said and walked away as Megan sighed and watched him go

Background music ends

Morgan Residence- New York\

Frank opened his eyes. As usual he never got a full nights sleep but that didn’t matter now. Frank slowly got out of the bed and walked over to the closet. The moonlight was shining through the curtains so the room was a little bright. Frank took out the cards from his coat pocket and sat on the couch, He opened the cards and began to practice for tomorrows game, this year was a new start for him and Roo and he was going to get the money for their dream house.

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

Bobby sat at her desk and opened the envelope, it was her paycheck. She smiled to herself as she remembered the times when she didn’t have any money and now she had more than she needed. Bobby picked up a pen and began to write down some ingredients for a fish sauce recipe she found in her grandmas cook book. She used to make it all the time when they had fish and chips. As Bobby wrote, she remembered what Carly said and opened the draw and took out a file with the NSW awards PR agents phone number , picked up the phone and began to dial

Emotional background music

“Hi, can I speak to Imogen please…its Roberta Simpson..thanks” Bobby said to the receptionist

“Hi Roberta how are you” Imogen said. Bobby moved the phone from her ear, Imogen always spoke so loud

“Fine, I got a message to call you” Bobby said

“Yes, thank you for call. Well you know the media obligations start next week, I need you to come to the City so we can do the prep work and give you a schedule” Imogen said

“Alright” Bobby said

“But that’s not the only news I have for you. A major international news programme  picked up on the story of you being the first female NSW business woman of the year and they want to interview you…I hope you have a passport and a coat” Imogen said excited

“A coat?” Bobby said confused

“Yes, New York is very cold in March” Imogen said and Bobby froze

“Roberta are you there?” Imogen said

“Yeah…I am here” Bobby said then for the next few minutes she heard Imogen speaking but she didn’t hear what she said..all that kept going through her mind is that she is going to New York

Background music ends dramatically

Chapter 203

Fisher Residence- Summer Bay

Donald put the files on the table and sat down at his desk. He had to go through the schedules for the new school year. Donald sighed then he looked up at the photo of Alan and Bobby on his desk. He picked up the photo and looked at it. They were smiling. Donald smiled then he thought about Bobby and how much she was wasting her life and stopped He felt guilty to say it but he wished that Lucinda was his daughter because she had done everything correctly and not thrown it all away on a man. Donald sighed then put the photo down and continued on with looking at the files

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

Bobby waited for the fax machine to stop then she got up from her desk and walked over to it and picked up the papers. She then walked back over to her desk and sat down. She had several interviews and two speaking engagements then she sighed as she looked at the next sheet of paper, details of her trip to New York in March. Bobby tried to give excuses but Imogen explained that this was very important for the NSW association and something she needed to do.

“Hey, I didn’t know that you were back” Bobby looked up to see Jonathan the Banquet manager looking at her

“Yeah, I got back today” Bobby said

“How are you?” Jonathan said as he sat on her desk

“Good” Bobby said

“Im really sorry about everything” Jonathan said and Bobby smiled

“Just to let you know, I am going to Uni this year so I wont be here as much” Bobby said

“Oh right congrats…what are you going to study?” Jonathan said

“Business studies” Bobby said

“Great, you can come and run this place when you are done” Jonathan said and Bobby smiled

“I told Mr Handcock, I thought he was going to fire me” Bobby said

“Are you joking? After All the news coverage the resort has been getting since you won the awards? We are booked solid for the rest of the year. I think you will be his favourite person for life” Jonathan said as he and Bobby laughed

“I have all the media stuff for the NSW association starting next week, I have to go to the City on Friday. I feel bad leaving Chef Paul to handle all this on his own” Bobby said

“I think the Christmas bonus he got makes up for that…oh by the way, here is yours” Jonathan said and opened his draw and gave Bobby an envelope

“I wasn’t here for Christmas” Bobby said

“I know and I wish you were, you deserve whatever is in that envelope” Jonathan said and smiled. He liked Bobby, she was cute but not his usual type. He did want to ask her out but she had to much baggage for him, he wanted no strings relationships.

“Here is the schedule for the next two weeks, will you be able to get the menus ready before you go?” Jonathan said

“Yeah, Ill stay late today to get everything done” Bobby said as she took the schedule from Jonathan

“Oh by the way, Chef Paul said that pumpkin soup  with the cheese croutons is the new best seller on the menu” Jonathan said and he left the office as Bobby sighed and shook her head. As usual, Franks favourite is the best seller.

Background music from the jukebox

Look into my eyes
You will see
What you mean to me
Search your heart
Search your soul
And when you find me there, you'll search no more

Carly put the phone down and smiled

“I guess your boyfriend coming to see you this weekend?” Lucinda said

“Yeah, he is” Carly said and smiled

“Hopefully I get to meet him” Lucinda said and she smiled as she walked to the kitchen. Carly was happy that Ben called. She wanted to make sure she apologized for what happened at New Years.

Don't tell me it's not worth tryin' for
You can't tell me it's not worth dyin' for
You know it's true
Everything I do
I do it for you

Stewart Residence- The City

Barbra looked at herself in the mirror, she had stuffed a pillow under her shirt and looked pregnant. She smiled to herself. Rebecca was going to help her get Matt back and they were going to have a baby again. Barbra smiled then she went over to the bed and picked up her note pad and pen and wrote down some baby names

Look into your heart
You will find
There's nothin' there to hide
Take me as I am
Take my life
I would give it all, I would sacrifice

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Pippa folded the towel and put it on the table and sighed. She looked at Christopher playing with his toy and smiled then she looked at the phone. She wanted it to ring, she wanted to hear from Alex…that is all she wanted right now…

Don't tell me it's not worth fightin' for
I can't help it, there's nothin' I want more
You know it's true
Everything I do
I do it for you

Newcastle- Australia

Reverend Jones sat and looked at his superiors as they interviewed him about the allegations by Angela Newton. As he answered the questions, all he could think about was how much he wanted to be with Philippa

There's no love
Like your love
And no other
Could give more love
There's nowhere
Unless you're there
All the time
All the way, yeah

Look into your heart, baby

Mitchell/Woods Residence- Summer Bay

Grant signed the forms as Tammy looked up at him and smiled then Mrs Malloy got up shook Grants hands and made her way to the door. Viv looked at Grant and exhaled. She finally felt safe. Her and Tammy would be staying in Summer Bay with Grant and she would be starting her new school soon and maybe get a part time job and start living life again. Viv smiled and hugged Grant as Megan watched annoyed through the crack in her bedroom door

Oh your can't tell me it's not worth tryin' for
I can't help it there's nothin' I want more
Yeah, I would fight for you
I lie for you
Walk the wire for you, yeah, I'd die for you

You know it's true
Everything I do
Oh
I do it for you

Newton Residence- Newcastle

Angela poked her finger in her eye and a few seconds later her eye started to water. She did the same to the other eye then she blinked really fast and pinched her cheeks then she looked in the mirror and smiled to herself. Shortly after, there was a knock on the door. Angela blinked her eyes a few times for more tears to come  and smiled then she walked to the door and opened it. When she opened the door, there were to clergy from the church. Angela wiped her eyes as the clergy came into her home.

Everything I do, darling
And we'll see it through
Oh we'll see it through
Oh yeah

Yeah
Look into your heart
You can't tell me it ain't worth dying for
Oh yeah

I'll be there, yeah
I'll walk the wire for you
I will die for you

Frank looked at the cards, he didn’t know how long he had been practicing for but he was getting better and soon, he would have enough money and Roo would be proud of him when he buys their house and they can have their family because this is going to be a good year. Frank smiled to himself as he continued to practice playing the cards.

You know it's true
Everything I do
I do it for you

Background music ends

Any thoughts on what is going to happen this year?

Chapter 204

Bobby sighed and yawned. It had been a long day. She rubbed her eyes then got out of the car. She opened the back door and took out her bags and put them on the floor then she closed the car door, picked up her bags and walked to the front door. Donald stopped writing when he heard the front door open. He knew it was Bobby because he heard the car park. Bobby closed the door behind her, put the bags on the floor and walked into the living room. Donald put his head down and continued writing

“Hi” Bobby said

“I guess you are back” Donald said not looking up

“Yeah” Bobby said and she walked over to the shelf and picked up the stack of letters addressed to her

“So where did you go?” Donald said looking at Bobby. He shook his head, she cut her hair and looked like a little boy

“ Adelaide”  Bobby said

“And you didn’t think to call and let me know that” Donald said

“I ts been a long day, Im going to take a shower and go to bed” Bobby said and just as she was about to walk away the door knocked. Bobby sighed then went to the door, when she opened it, Geoff was standing at the door with flowers. Bobby sighed

“Geoff, not now, I am really tired” Bobby said

“You said I can come over” Bobby said then she remembered that she did say that and sighed then opened the door for Geoff to come in

“I am going to take a shower” Bobby said as she walked off leaving Donald and Geoff in the living room

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Pippa put the basket down and locked the caravan. She remembered that she was going to go over and see Grant and the girls. Although they were officially staying with Grant, Mrs Malloy asked Pippa to supervise

“Hi” Pippa looked to her left to see Michael walking to his van

“Happy New Year” Pippa said  as Michael walked towards her

“Happy new year” Michael said and smiled

“Im glad I caught up with you, I wanted to give you my notice” Michael said

“Thanks…when will you be leaving?” Pippa said

“I guess I will move out next Friday. Celia wants me moved in before the wedding on Saturday” Michael said

“Right” Pippa said as Michael stared at her which made Pippa feel uncomfortable

“Ok, then, good night” Pippa said then she bent down to pick up the basket, Michael also bent down to pick up the basket and as he was picking it up, his hand touched hers and he looked at her. Pippa picked up the basket and stood up

“Goodnight” Pippa said then she walked off as Michael sighed and watched her walk away

Lance picked up the letter and read it again

Lance

Im sorry mate but I have to head out of town. Had enough of being the town joke. I want to make something of my life. I dunno when I will be back. Take care of yourself

See you around

Marty

Colleen came into the living room and saw Lance reading the letter

“Good riddance if you ask me” Colleen said as she dusted

“Hes me best mate” Lance said

“Youre better off without him love” Colleen said as she went back into the kitchen. Lance sighed. He lost Maz and now Marty

Stewart Residence- Summer Bay

“Oh Aunt Celia, you look wonderful” Lucinda said as Celia walked into the living room wearing her wedding dress

“I just need to finish the bottom” Celia said as she turned and looked at herself in the mirror. She almost didn’t recognizer herself. In just over 3 weeks, she was going to be Mrs Michael Ross. She never thought she was going to ever find someone to love again and now she had.

“Ill just go and quickly change” Celia said and she went back to her room as Lucinda sat down and smiled. She looked around and remembered the times that her and Roo would come and vist Ruths grand parents who were also like her grandparents. She remembered the time when her and Ruth snuck Shane and Matt into the house and they had ice-cream. Lucinda smiled

“ I am really excited for your wedding Aunt Celia” Lucinda said

“Thank you Lucinda. I am so glad that you are here” Celia said and looked at Lucinda

“Lucinda, is everything alright?” Celia said

“Oh everything is fine…I was just thinking of all the good times Ruth and I had here” Lucinda said

“Yes, you two were wonderful friends. It’s a shame she isn’t coming to the wedding” Celia said

“I know but she is happy in New York and I am happy for her” Lucinda said and smiled

“Its going to be your time to have someone special soon” Celia said as Lucida smiled

Edison Agency – New York

Roo stared at Nancy, she finally admitted to herself that she was jealous, that she wished that she was going to marry Donavan. Roo put her head down and sighed

“Ruth” Roo looked up ti see her manager Helen calling her over to the office. Roo got up and walked into the office, closed the door and sat down

“Ruth, I have been very impressed with you since you started here. You have been one of my best execs” Helen said

“Thank you for giving me the opportunity” Roo said as she smiled

“As you know we have expanded with offices in other states and in the coming months, work will start on an office in Boston and I want you to take the lead of getting that office up and running” Helen said as Roo looked at her shocked then she put her hand over her mouth

“I don’t know what to say” Roo said

“Well, you don’t have to give me an answer right now, go home and talk it over with your husband because it will involve you staying in Boston during the week but we will pay for the accommodation” Helen said

“Thank you Helen, thank you so much” Roo said

“Does that mean you accept?” Helen said

“Yes, I cant let this opportunity pass me by” Roo said

“Are you not going to discuss this with your husband?” Helen said curiously

“No need, he fully supports my career” Roo said

“Excellent. Well, the renovations for the property start at the end of this month. I don’t need you to get there until March. We would’ve done all the hiring by then so I would need you to go in and train the staff, give them some pointers that have made you successful” Helen said

“Thanks again Helen, I really appreciate it” Roo said and smiled to herself. This is going to be an amazing year

Geoff looked at his watch then at Donald who got up from the desk

Bobby sighed and was just about to walk out of her room then she stopped

“I guess I will leave you to it” Donald said

“Thanks for you know” Geoff said

“I know what?” Donald said

“For encouraging me. You said Bobby would come around I think she has. I know she is the woman for me, I will treat your daughter well, better than that loser ex husband of hers” Geoff said as Donald looked at him

“Goodluck…I hope being with you puts some sense into her” Donald said and he rolled his eyes. Bobby closed the door until she heard her dad go into his room then she shook her head. He is still  interfering in her life. Bobby sighed then she opened the bedroom door and walked into the living room

Background Music- Frank and Bobbys theme

Bobby exhaled as she walked into the living room. Geoff stood up

“These are for you” Geoff said and he gave Bobby the flowers

“Thanks” Bobby said then she sat down opposite Geoff

“Look Geoff” Bobby said then she was interrupted

“Bobby, I want to say something first” Geoff said as Bobby sghed

“When I first met you, I knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you and I still feel the same way now. I love you Bobby and I am willing to wait as long as it takes to show you how much I love you” Geoff said as Bobby looked at him

“Geoff, you are a great guy and maybe if things were different, I would want that but I don’t and I mean it when I say I don’t love you. I would be lying to you and me if I don’t tell the truth. I know what it feels like for someone to just say they love you and not mean it. I wouldn’t wish that hurt on anyone” Bobby said

“I am not saying you have to love me today but just give me a chance” Geoff said

“I cant Geoff” Bobby said

“But why? I treat you well…I was going to love Tom like my own” Geoff said

“I dont know  Geoff that’s just how it is right now” Bobby said

“What can I say to make you change your mind?” Geoff said as he wiped a tear from his eye

“Nothing…I just want to be on my own right now” Bobby said as Geoff looked at her desperately

“Can we still be friends?” Geoff said

“Yeah but only friends” Bobby said as Geoff sighed

“I am really tired…” Bobby said

“I guess I have to go” Geoff said and Bobby nodded then they both got up

“I love you Bobby and I hope that one day you will change your mind” Geoff said then he surprised Bobby by hugging her really tight. Bobby sighed then she struggled and eventually he let go then kissed her on her lips. Bobby struggled then she pulled away

“Im sorry…I just…goodbye” Geoff said then he rushed out of the house. Bobby sighed then she walked back to the bedroom, took a bigger suitcase from under her bed and began to pack her things

Background music ends

Mitchell/Woods Residence- Summer Bay

“Thank you so much Mrs Fletcher, we will definitely be having this for dinner tomorrow” Grant said as he took the casserole dish from Pippa. Shortly after Viv came into the living room and took off her headphones

“Hi” She said as she saw Pippa

“Hello Viv, how are you?” Pippa said

“Good” Viv said and smiled then she picked up a magazine from the table and went back into the bedroom

“So how re you coping? Pippa said

“Its an adjustment but Mrd Fletcher, Ilove those girls like they are my daughters..I dont know, we bonded really fast “ Grant said

“Yes because you saved them. They feel safe with you” Pippa said as Grant smiled

“Have they been interviewed about the allegations?” Pippa said

“No not yet, Mrs Malloy said next week someone will contact me about that…oh before I forget, where do I buy the uniforms for Viv? Grant said

“I still have Carly and Bobbys uniforms. They will need some adjusting but I am sure I can get that done before school starts” Pippa said with a smil

“Oh MrS Fletcher, if its not too much trouble, I would really appreciate it” Grant said

“No trouble at all” Pippa said then Tammy came out of the room and walked over to Grant and hugged him

“Can you read me a story please” Tammy said as Pippa looked at her and smiled

Background music Frank and Bobbys theme

Bobby put the first suitcase outside her door then went back into her room, Donald opened his door and walked to the living room to get the newspaper. As he walked to his room, he noticed Bobbys suitcase and saw her packing things into another bag

Bobby looked up and noticed Donald standing by the door

“I might as well tell you now, I am moving out” Bobby said

“Back to the caravan park I assume” Donald said

“Yes” Bobby said

“Running away as usual” Donald said

“ Dad, I am not perfect,  I have made many mistakes but I am me. I get the feeling that being me is not good enough for you. I lost my son and all you could tell me is that I shouldnt walk around looking unkept. My heart was hurting, I wanted you to hug me and love me but that wasnt important to you” Bobby said as Donald looked at her

“Bobby I” Donald was interrupted

“I also told you to stay out of my private life but again you couldn’t do that” Bobby sid

“Bobby I am your father, after the mess you have made of your life, Geoff is good for you” Donald said

“No he isn’t and its not up to you to make that decision. Maybe moving in here was a wrong decision. There is still so much about me that you don’t understand” Bobby said

“ I I I am sorry, I just thought I was doing what was best” Donald said

“Best for you, not for me” Bobby said as Donald watched her pack her things

“Wait…please maybe we can talk about it in the morning” Donald said

“No, I don’t want to talk anymore. I am really tired. Good night” Bobby said and she slowly closed the door leaving Donald standing alone

Background music ends

Chapter 205! Thanks for reading

Please note that chapter 206 will be in a part 2 of this thread

Two Days later

Bayside Diner-Summer Bay

Music from the jukebox

Here we are still together
We are
So much time wasted
Playing games with love

Carly stood in the pantry and took out the mirror from her pocket. She looked at her face. The bruise had gone. She smiled to herself. Ben is coming tonight and she had planned a special evening to apologize for what happened.

So many tears I've cried
So much pain inside
But baby it ain't over 'til it's over
So many years we've tried
To keep our love alive

Bus Stop- Summer Bay

Sandra smiled as she got off the bus. The driver got off and opened the compartment where the bags are kept. He took out two bags and put them on the floor next to Sandra. Sandra thanked him and then he got back on the bus and drove away. Sandra looked at her watch. The bus arrived 10 minutes early. She took each of her bags and put them next to the bench and sat down a she waited for Mrs Stewart to pick her up

How many times
Did we give up
But we always worked things out

And all my doubts and fear
Kept me wondering
If I'd always, always be in love

Bellingham Residence- Perth

Morag cleared the table of her paperwork and paper fell on the floor. Morag bent down and picked it up and sighed. It was the invitation to Celia’s wedding. Morag sat down at the table and looked at the invitation, clearly studying the words then she picked up her address book, turned to a page then picked up the phone “Sands Resort? this is Morag Bellingham I would like to book a room please…..yes I will hold” Morag said as she smiled to herself

So many tears I've cried
So much pain inside

And kept our love alive
'Cause baby it ain't over 'til it's over

City University- The City

Bobby shook the hand of the enrollment counselor and the head of the business department and smiled. Bobby walked out of the office, closed the door and exhaled. She was officially a Uni student. Bobby looked at the papers and folders in her arms. She qualified for a scholarship because she had very high HSC scores and she could probably get her degree done in two years. Bobby smiled to herself, she had a lot of work ahead of her because she decided on a business degree major and marketing minor, but she was happy to be doing it. Bobby looked at the list of books she needed to get before lectures started next month so she looked around and saw a sign for the book shop so she hurriedly went in the direction. She had to hurry because she had to go and meet Imogen.

So many tears I've cried
So much pain inside
Baby it ain't over 'til it's over

And kept our love alive

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Grant smiled as he watched Tammy and Sally colouring in and Viv standing still as Pippa hemmed the bottom of her school dress. He had really grown to love Tammy and Viv in the short time and nothing was going to break them up

So many tears I've cried
So much pain inside
Baby it ain't over 'til it's over

And kept our love alive

Background music ends

Stewart Shop- Summer Bay

Steve put the last box in the stock room and walked out

“Thanks for helping out around here when I was away” Alf said and he gave an envelope to Steve

“How was New York?” Steve said

“Amazing, Frank and Ruthy are doing really well. Frank sent you all gifts, Ill drop then to the house later” Alf said

“Thanks” Steve said

“I put a bit extra in there for you, don’t tell Celia” Alf wink and Steve smiled

“Thanks” Steve said

“Well you can head of now while I do some paper work” Alf said

“Thanks” Steve said

“By the way, Sandra arrives today and we are going to have a little dinner for her tonight, why don’t you come along?” Alf said

“Im not sure, I have some homework to do before school starts” Steve said

“You don’t have to stay for long, I think Sandra will be happy to see you” Alf said as Steve sighed. Since seeing Craig and Sandra, he had not spoken to her

“Yeah, alright” Steve said

“Good on ya..see you later” Alf said and he opened a book of receipts. Steve looked down at the envelope, put it in his pocket and walked out of the shop.

The Bistro- The City

Matt sat at his desk and looked at the flats for rent. He had circled a few that he was interested in but they were far too expensive. He wished he was back in Summer Bay where rent was cheap and he could see Carly. The last time he saw Carly, she was going outside with her new boyfriend but Narelle told him that Carly was under the assumption that they were an item. He liked Narelle but she was too much of a friend. She let him stay on the couch but now he had to find his own place.

Phone ringing

“The Bistro, Matt speaking” Matt said when he picked up the phone

“Matt, its me…please don’t put the phone down” Barbra said as Matt sighed

“What do you want?’” Matt said

“I know you must hate me right now but I really need to talk to you. I think we need to clear  the air” Barbra said

“Clear the air about what? The fact that you are a lying cow” Matt said

“Yes I did lie but it was because I love you so much..please let me explain” Barbra said

“I really don’t want to hear it” Matt said

“Please, just give me one chance and I will leave you alone after” Barbra said as Matt sighed

“You lie about everything, why should I believe you?” Matt said

“Because you have nothing to lose” Barbra said and Matt sighed

“Alright, after work” Matt said then he put the phone down. He wanted Barbra to leave him alone and if this was the only way then he was going to do it but he had to do something first. Matt looked at the phone then he picked it up

Background music from the jukebox

It's such a good vibration
It's such a sweet sensation

Yo it's about that time
To bring forth the rhythm and the rhyme
I'm a get mine so get yours
I wanna see sweat comin' out your pores
On the house tip is how I'm swinging this
Strictly hip hop boy I ain't singing this
Bringing this to the entire nation
Black, white, red, brown
Feel the vibration

Phone ringing

“Thanks” Carly said as she gave the customer the change and rushed to pick up the phone

“Bayside diner” Carly said as she put the tip in her pocket. For  some reason it had been really busy the last two days

“Carly, its me” Matt said and Carlys heart jumped

“What do you want?” Carly said

“Narelle told me what you said…we are not together, we just came to the party together” Matt said

“So? I don’t care who you date” Carly said

“I am not dating Narelle..I just wanted you to know that” Matt said

“Look I dont care about your dating life, I told you I have a boyfriend and I am really happy” Carly said

“Ok..I am happy for you. I just wanted you to know that I am not with Narelle” Matt said

“Well, you said what you wanted to say, have a nice life” Carly said then she put the phone down.Carly sighed then she smiled to herself. Her future is with Ben now.

Come on come on
Feel it feel it
Feel the vibration

Background music ends

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Steve walked through the door as Pippa was ironing the school dress for Viv.

“Hello love, you are home early” Pippa said as Steve kissed her cheek

“Hi” Steve said looking at Viv and Grant

“Yeah, Mr Stewart said I can go early” Steve

“Oh, they are back now?” Ailsa said

“Yeah they got back this morning” Steve said

“Oh right, ill give Ailsa a call and see how their trip was” Pippa said

“Here you go, as good as new” Pippa said as she hung the dress on a hanger

“Thank you so much Mrs Fletcher, how much do I owe you” Grant said

“Don’t be silly” Pippa said and she smiled

“Hey, Mrs Stewart is having a dinner for Sandra, she will be starting school with us on Monday, do you want to come?” Steve sadid to Viv. Viv looked at Grant

“I think it’s a great idea, get to know some of your classmates before school starts” Grant said

“I don’t have anything to wear” Viv said

“Carly will be home soon, I am sure she will have something that will fit you” Pippa said as Viv smiled

“Ok, thanks” Viv said

“That’s settled so Ill will drop Viv over here in a few hours and she can go with you Steve?” Grant said

“Ok” Steve said as he looked at Viv

“Thanks mate” Grant said and smiled as Viv smiled at him

Chambers Residence- Yabbie Creek

Background music from the radio

Does he love me I want to know
How can I tell if he loves me so
Is it in his eyes?
Oh no! You'll be deceived
Is it in his sighs?
Oh no! He'll make believe
If you want to know if he loves you so
It's in his kiss
That's where it is

Marilyn looked at the books and equipment on the bed and put her hand on her hips. She was ready to start hair and beauty academy on Monday.  She smiled as she looked at all the things she needed and was proud of herself. She didn’t pass her HSC but she was lucky that she was accepted into the program without it. She was determined to make something of herself. She wanted Ben to be proud of her so that he can see that she would make a perfect wife

Oh yeah
Or is it in his face?
Oh no! That's just his charms
In his warm embrace?
Oh no! That's just his arms
If you want to know if he loves you so
It's in his kiss
That's where it is
Whoa oh it's in his kiss
That's where it is

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

Megan sighed as she sat at the bar and drank her drink. For the first time in a long time she was lonely. Martin was gone and now Grant wasn’t interested. Megan drank more of her drink and sighed again and looked around then she spotted a man she had not seen before. They locked eyes then Megan looked away. Shortly after the man came over to the bar and sat next to her

“Hi” Jeff Samuels said

“Hi” Megan said with a big smile

“Can I get you another drink?” Jeff said

“Sure” Megan said and she looked at him and smiled

Whoa hug him and squeeze him tight
Find out what you want to know
If it's love, if it really is
It's there in his kiss

How about the way he acts
Oh no! That's not the way
And you're not listenin' to all I say
If you wanna know if he loves you so
It's in his kiss
That's where it is

Stewart Residence- Summer Bay

Barbra sprayed some perfume behind her ear and smiled. She put her hair up into a high ponytail and put on some lip gloss. They were going to have the house to themselves. Rebecca was staying at her friends house and tonight, she was determined to get Matt back

How about the way he acts
Oh no! That's not the way
And you're not listenin' to all I say
And if you wanna know if he loves you so
It's in his kiss
That's where it is

Background music ends

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Sounds like a missed a lot” Ailsa said as she drank the last of her tea and Pippa nodded

“Those poor girls and Bobby” Ailsa said

“I know” Pippa said

“What about Alex?” Ailsa said

“I haven’t heard from him. He said he will call when he gets a chance” Pippa said and sighed

“Soooo no development on that end of things?” Ailsa said and Pippa blushed

“Come on, out with it” Ailsa said

“Oh its nothing, I think I feel something for him but then I think about Tom and I feel guilty” Pippa said

“That’s bound to happen Pip but it will get easier only if you want it too” Ailsa said

“I don’t know Ailsa. I don’t even know if he is still going to in Newcastle after the investigation. Other clergy get shipped off or stripped of their clergy collar . That’s what he has to think about not me” Pippa said

“I don tknow..I think he can fit in a thought or two between all that” Ailsa said and Pippa laughed

“Enough about that, how are Frank and Roo?” Pippa said excited.

“Yes doing well. Alf made the mistake of putting a deposit on a house for them and that didn’t go down to well with Frank” Ailsa said

“Oh no” Pippa said and smiled

“I told him it wasn’t a good idea, in the end he acknowledged that. He is going to put the money aside for when they start a family.” Ailsa said as Pippa sighed

“Pippa I cant find my blue slippers” Sally said as she came into the living room

“Did you check under your bed?” Sally said

“Hello Sally” Ailsa said

“Hello” Sally said as she walked over to the table

“I have something special for you” Ails said as Sally stood next to her

“Frank wants me to give you your present and give you a really big hug. As Ailsa went to grab Sally she shook her head no, burst into tears and ran upstairs

“Oh dear, did I do something wrong?” Ails said concerned

“No, its not you..its a long story” Pippa said as Ailsa looked at her watche

“Oh, I better get going. I need to make a desert for the dinner. Is Steve coming?” Ailsa said

“Yes, he will be coming with Viv so you will get to meet her” Pippa said

“Oh, right..well I will see you later” Ailsa said as she stood up. Pippa smiled as Ailsa walked out of the house. Pippa looked at the phone and sighed then she picked up the bag of presents and put them on the table

“Frank” Roo said as she sat up in bed

“Im tired” Frank said not looking at Roo

“Can we talk?” Roo said

Background music- Have you ever been alone theme

“What is there to talk about? You appear to have made all the decisions” Frank said

“Frank this is my career” Roo said then Frank turned around and looked at Roo

“Its your career? When Stacey offered me the job in Texas, that was MY career but I turned it down to make you happy. Now you are taking this job and not even considering how I feel” Frank said annoyed

“Frank you was expecting me to give up my job. I am not asking you to do the same. All I am saying is that I will be in Boston during the week and home on the weekends” Roo said

“And you think that’s alright?” Frank said

“Frank we will still be together…its not like we do anything much during the week” Roo sid

“That’s not the point. I want you here with me, you are my wife” Frank said

“I am your wife, not your maid Frank” Roo said

“Maid? You cant cook and you don’t clean” Frank said annoyed

“Thanks Frank…I have a life too” Roo said

“Yeah, a life that doesn’t appear to include me” Frank said as Roo sighed. Things had been like this since Roo told Frank about the offer from Helen. She expected him to be happy for her since he said he was going to support her career.

“Frank, I love you but I really want to take this opportunity. I already told Helen I would. If I tell her that I can’t take it, where will we be? I thought we had a plan…for us to work really hard so we can save and have money for a family” Roo said and Frank sighed. He wanted to tell her that he was already working on that by winning the card games but he wanted it to be a surprise.

“Frank…it wont be long, just for a few months and I promise, I will be home every weekend” Roo said as she looked at Frank

“Yeah..ok…as long as its just for a few months” Frank said and Roo kissed him and lay on his chest and she smiled to herself as Frank looked at the ceiling

Smart Residence- The City

Narelle put the cup in front of Bobby and sat next to her. They looked at each other and hugged again. Bobby sighed. She had just finished telling Narelle about losing Tom, Morag lying and going to Adelaide and Shaolhaven

“Im really sorry Bobby” Narelle said

“Yeah, so am I” Bobby said a she picked up the cup of coffee and drank some

“Are you going to tell him?” Narelle said and Bobby shook her head no

“It doesn’t matter anymore. I just want to move on” Bobby said

“Saying you want to move on is one thing but Bobby you just lost your baby…give yourself some time” Narelle said

“If I give myself time, I just start thinking about it and I don’t want to. I accepted what happened and I need to move on “ Bobby said and she looked at Narelle

“Look, I know Frank is your friend too and I don’t want you to feel like you are in the middle” Bobby said

“That is exactly how I feel. I am sad for you but I am sad that Frank wont get the chance to mourn for his son” Narelle said

“Narelle if he knows its going to cause unnecessary heartache and bring up a past he wants forgotten…I just want to leave it alone please” Bobby said

“Come here” Narelle said and she hugged Bobby

“So can I stay here if I get too tired to drive homefrom Uni?” Bobby said

“Of course you can” Narelle said and she smiled

“Guess what?” Bobby said and she sat up

“An international news programme picked up on my story and they want to interview me. They are flying me out and everything” Bobby said and sighed

“That’s great Bobby where are you going?” Narelle said excited as she looked at Bobby

“Take a guess” Bobby said as she looked at Narelle. Narell studied Bobbys face for a few seconds and she started laughing

“Oh no…New York?” Narelle said and Bobby nodded then started laughing

Background music ends

Comments

Archived