On 30/12/2017 at 07:30, ~JarlieFanEver~ said:

Great chapter 

Liked the part when Matt was looking after Sally

Liked the chat between Bobby and Sally at the Diner

Looking forwards to the next chapter xx

On 30/12/2017 at 08:28, Kristen said:

Great chapter 

Liked the chat between Bobby and Sally.

Danny turning up at the end was a bit of a suprise.

Update again soon :)

On 30/12/2017 at 10:08, CaptainHulk said:

Good stuff.

Are we due any Wig outs from Danny this time round?! ?

And is he still wearing his cheap suits and bad hair???

On 30/12/2017 at 12:13, KKB said:

Loved this chap the stuff with Matt and Frank was good alongside the stuff with Alisa and Frank Pippa and Frank and Bobby and Sal and Bobby and Matt. Update soon pls

Thank you :)

Chapter 11

“The City”- Australia

Steven sits up as the answer machine starts to play the message

“Hey Narelle its me again, I really need to come up and see you. I hope you don’t mind, I’m making my way over to your place, Ill just see you later”

Steven got up off the couch and was making his way to the table the answer machine sits on then Narelle opened the door

“Hey Stevo, how you going?”  Narelle said as she shut the front door behind her.

Steven smiled then returned to the couch. “My boss let me have the afternoon off so I went grocery shopping, wanted to cook you something to cheer you up. Narelle said as she showed Steven the bags. Narelle saw the answer machine indicator flashing so she put the bags down and walked over and pressed play.

“Hey Narelle its me again, I really need to come up and see you. I hope you don’t mind, I’m making my way over to your place, Ill just see you later”

“Bobby?” She said with a surprised look on her face. Narelle met Bobby two years ago when she turned up in Summer Bay to audition to be the lead singer of a band her cousin Lance told her about. Things didn’t end well in the audition or in Summer Bay  but she did make two really good friends, Frank and Bobby who she kept in touch with.

Narelle hadn’t seen Bobby  for a while so was excited that her friend was coming to visit. The last time Narelle saw Frank,  he came over to say goodbye,  he was leaving Australia because he was moving to New York with his new Fiancee Roo. Since Narelle was the only other person Frank knew in the city, they were often together , sometimes double dating when Narelle was keen on a new guy. Those times were a bit uncomfortable for Narelle even though she had accepted that Frank and Bobby were over, she still felt sad for her friend Bobby because she knows how much Bobby still loved Frank...even though Bobby didnt always want to talk about it.

“Bobby’s coming” Narelle said as she turned around and looked at Steven

“Yeah, I know” Steven said  “You have to talk to her Stevo” Narelle said as she walked towards the couch. “Just tell her everything you told me, it will be ok” Steven didn’t respond. “Well its up to you but decide quickly because she will be here soon” Steven didn’t respond, he just stared into the wall searching for an answer.

Diner- Summer Bay

Bobby kneeled down in front of the broken pickle jar and started to pick the pieces of glass off the floor. “Are you ok love?” Ailsa said as she knelt down in front of Bobby

“Fine” Bobby said as she stood up. Frank was just about to get up when Danny rushed past him

“Let me help you” he said then handed Bobby a bouquet of flowers “ Bobby smiled and took the flowers “So you came back?” Danny smiled in response.

Bobby met Danny a few months ago, he was the first guy that took a genuine interest in her after Frank left but unfortunately he had an agenda to be in Summer Bay, one Bobby didn’t want to remember. Bobby did genuinely feel something for Danny, not what she feels for Frank but she felt that over time, it could be the same. Even though they hadn’t known each other for long, Danny had strong feelings for Bobby , even asking  her to leave Summer Bay with him, which she was going to but Danny had issues which he needed to take care of first and left. Bobby was surprised that he came back because the letter he left her appeared to be very final.

Bobby watched as Danny carefully picked up the big pieces of glass then swept away the pickles. She smiled to herself as she looked at the beautiful flowers in her hands.

“All done” Danny said as he returned from throwing away the broken glass and pickles.

“My hero”  Bobby said while she smiled at a smiling Danny.  “Thank you for the flowers” Bobby said as she picked up a vase on the far end of the counter and began arranging the flowers in the vase as Martin walked into the diner.

“Give us a coffee please Bobby” Martin said as he walked over to the counter “Oh G’day Danny, talking to anybody lately?”

Bobby looking at Martin with an angry look, was just about to say something when Ailsa came out from the back “ Ok Martin, go sit down, say hello to our visitor,  ill bring your coffee to you”   she said as she pointed in the direction where Frank was sitting with Sally’s arms still wrapped around his neck

“G’day mate, I didn’t know that you are back in town, left Roo already have you?” Martin laughed as he sat opposite Frank. Frank smiled “ No, she was working, couldn’t make it back here”

“Oh right” Martin said suspiciously “ well its good to see you, you’ve missed a lot”

“I guess so” Frank responded as he looked in the direction of Bobby and Danny.

“Can I take you out tonight to dinner?” Danny said as he took one of Bobby’s hands in his hand.

“I am going out of town for a few days, going to see a friend, clear my head..you know” Bobby responded

“That’s too bad, I guess I didn’t get here on time” Danny said as he kissed her hand” Bobby smiled “How long are you back for? I didn’t think that you would be back”

“I can hang around for a few days” Danny said

“Ok” Bobby said “you can walk me to the bus stop if you like” as she put a slice of cake into a food bag, then picked up her bag.

“Bobby where are you going?” Sally said as she saw Bobby walking towards the door Danny

“I told you Sal, I am going out of town for a few days” Bobby responded as Ailsa walked behind her and put a cup of coffee in front of Martin

“But you can’t go now, Frank is here” Sally said with a big smile on her face.

Flashback Episode 345

Roo- “Frank still cares about you”

Bobby – “Yeah But he loves you and that’s what it’s all about”

End of Flashback

“Ill see you later Sal” Bobby said as she walked out of the diner,  looking everywhere but at Frank who was watching her walk away

“Bye  Ailsa, Bye Sally” Danny said as he followed behind.  For a split second Danny and Frank looked at each other. Sally squeezed her arms around Frank tighter and buried her head into his chest.

Frank looked at Ailsa who had observed what Sally did.

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Lance!” Neville shouted as he stood outside Lance’s mobile home “Lance!” after a few second, Lance opened the sliding door “G’Day Nev..I was..”  “ Have you seen Sally?” Nev interrupted

“No I haven’t” Lance said with a confused look on his face “ If you see her, please tell her to come home immediately” Nev said as be began to make his way down the stairs “ Yeah alright, no worries” Lance said as he went inside and closed the sliding door.

Summer Bay

“Thank you for walking me to the bus stop, look, we are just in time, the bus is coming” Bobby said as she took her bag from Danny. He had been a gentleman and carried her bag from the diner.

“You’re welcome…so I guess I will see you when you get back” Danny said as he bent down and gave Bobby a kiss on her cheek. “Don’t go falling in love because I will be waiting” Danny said as he watched Bobby walk away

Bobby turned around,  smiled and walked towards the bus.

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Sorry, there is no one available to take your call, please leave a message after the tone.

“Roo, are you there? Its me…. You must be asleep. I just wanted to tell you that I got here a few hours ago. Give me a call when you can….I love you, Bye.

As Frank put the receiver down, he noticed the Fletcher family photos. He picked up the last one he was in, this was the one when Bobby joined the family

Flash back Episode 51

Frank- Is there anything I can do?

Bobby -Ahh you?

Frank -Yeah, well ok im not that smart but , well maybe I can check your answers or something if you want

Bobby- Yeah, why not? Thanks

Frank -Your dead set about this aren’t ya?

Bobby- So?

Frank -Oh nothing, im just saying

Bobby -You say anything to the other kids and ill flatten you

Frank -Its ok, just you and me right?

End of Flashback

“Frank, can I go with you to see Pippa at the hospital? Sally said bringing Frank back to the present

“Not tonight Sal, she’s still not feeling to good” Frank said as Sally walked over towards him

“Ill tell you what, go make Pippa a nice card, Ill take it to her tonight and hopefully tomorrow she will feel better”  “Ok” Sally said with a smile “ I am so happy you are here, I wish you wasn’t going back” Sally said as she hugged Frank.

"Sal, who was that guy at the Diner?" Frank said

"That's Danny, he is Bobby's boyfriend but he went away like you did. He tried to kill Mrs Belling-Jum too"

Manhattan-New York

Roo could hear the ohone ringing as she was hunting through her bag for her keys. By the time she opened the door and got to the phone, it was too late. The answer machine already started

“Roo, are you there? Its me…. You must be asleep. I just wanted to tell you that I got here a few hours ago. Give me a call when you can….I love you, Bye”

Roo stood for a few seconds looking at the answering machine,

Flashback to episode 159

Roo “My cousin Alan is in hospital”

Frank “Oh What happened?”

Roo “He collapse on the beach….and they reckon he might die”

Frank “Die?”

Roo “I just had to talk to someone”

Brett Macklin “So  you chose us?”

Frank “Does Bobby know?”

Roo “Yeah she is down at the hospital”?

Frank “Look we can talk about this later at the office ok, I got to get down there”

Brett Macklin “What for? They got all the Drs they need”

Frank –“I got to  see Bobby”

Roo “Stay here…please”

Frank “I cant, just talk to Brett or something”

Roo “Frank”

End of flashback

Roo exhaled then deleted the message. She put down the colourful  Macy’s bag she had and reach in and pulled out the new dress she purchased. She walked over to the mirror and put the dress up to her, admiring how good it looks, she smiled to herself.

Dr Allen psychiatrist- Yabbie Creek

"Hello can I help you” the receptionist said to the young man standing in front of her

“Yes, I have an appointment with Dr Allen” the young man said

“Ok, what is your name?” The receptionist enquired

“Daniel Farnsworth”

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 12

Summer Bay

Flashback to episode 385

Bobby ” I hope  you enjoyed your meal”

Danny –“It was great, thanks”

Bobby- “You know I’ve never seen someone drink so much coffee, you're going to be wide awake for a week”

Danny-“ I like coffee”

Bobby –“Well obviously….see you later”

Danny- “Hey I was wondering,”

Bobby –“Yeah”

Danny –“I was wondering if you would like to go out to dinner tonight”

Bobby-“ Umm..yeah that would be great…you can pick me up from here at 7:30 if you like?”

Danny-“7:30 then”

End of Flashback

Bobby smiled to herself as she remembered the first time Danny asked her out on a date. She reached into her overnight bag on the seat next to her and pulled out the brown food bag and looked inside. “Chocolate cake” she said to herself as she exhaled and shook her head, Frank’s favorite. Bobby didn’t realise that she had picked this flavor of cake up,…she hadn’t eaten chocolate cake since Frank left….  Bobby closed the bag, shook her head again and crossed her arms

Dr Allen Psychiatrist Yabbie creek

“Your Doctor in Melbourne said to increase your medication so I am going to give you one weeks supply at the higher dose” Dr Allen said as he wrote a prescription for Danny “How long do you plan on staying here?”

“Not very long” Danny said “My girlfriend and I will be leaving next week to travel around Australia”

“How does she your girlfriend deal with your illness?” Dr Allen said as he looked up at Danny

“She’s fine……she understands” Danny said as he reached out his hand to receive the prescription from Dr Allen.

Dr Allen wasn’t convinced by Danny’s response. “ Do you think I can meet your girlfriend before you both set off for your travels?” Dr Allen said as he sat back in his chair

“Why do you want to do that?” Danny snapped back in an almost angry tone

“Look Daniel” Dr Allen said, you are very ill, the dose of medication I am giving you can have side effects especially if not taken properly. From what you have told me, I am concerned that you need a bit more time in recovery before making this step to travel without proper monitoring”

Danny looked at Dr Allen.” I am fine Dr Allen, my girlfriend is good for me, I don’t hear any voices when I am with her….. I will ask her to come in before we go”

Dr Allen wasn’t convinced by Danny’s response” Ok, “ he said as he watched Danny get up and walk out the door.

Alf store

“Hello love” Ailsa said as she walked into her husband Alf’s store “Where is Duncan?”

“Alf looked up from the paper work he was doing at the counter “Celia came by 15 minutes ago, she took Duncan out for a walk, they will be back shortly”

“Ok, I went by to see Pippa, she looks much better today I think because Frank is back”

“Right......I spoke to Ruth, she confirmed what Frank said, she is just really busy with work” Alf said as he played with the pen in his hand.

“I told you not to jump to conclusions” Ailsa said as she walked over to the fridge and took out some butter

“Yeah…you were right….Ails, did you catch up with Bobby?”

“I saw her at the diner but she is going out of town for a few days. Funny enough Danny, the guy I told you she was seeing turned up at the diner too. They left together” Ailsa said as she picked up a bottle of sauce from the shelf and began reading it

“That’s great” Alf said as he smiled to himself

Caravan park- Summer Bay

Flash back to episode 331

Frank - “Roberta my darling, your touch is like silk, your eyes like stars, your skin as pure as milk”

Bobby -“Oh yeah, three days after the use by date”

Frank-“ And your hair is like steel wool and you teeth are like tombstones”

Bobby -“You’re dead”

Frank-“ Your legs are flabby and your knees are knobbly”

Bobby -“And you’re history”

Frank -“Bobby……. I love you”

Bobby –“I love you”

End of flashback

“Frank” Carly said as she saw Frank asleep on the couch and ran over to him. Carly didn’t wait for Frank to wake up fully before hugging him as tight as she could then began crying.

I don’t think it was a good idea to come here, you, Sal and Pippa crying when you see me” Frank laughed

“it’s not funny” Carly said as she playfully hit Franks arm

“I’m sorry” Frank said. I am here now, why don’t you tell me what is going on”

Just as Carly was about to start telling Frank, there was a knock at the door. Frank and Carly both looked towards the door

“Hello, do you have any empty caravans available” it was Danny

Summer Bay Bus Company

Flashback to 313

Frank “Look I got work to do, can we discuss this tomorrow”

Bobby “There is nothing to discuss, just tell  Roo she is outvoted”

Frank :Whether I agree or not?”

Bobby “Well if you don’t agree with me, you’re a moron”

Roo “Why don’t we just sleep on it”

Bobby “You going to back me on this or not?”

Frank-“Look Bobby you’re in the wrong ok”

Bobby -“Oh I shouldve known, nothing I do is ever right for you anymore”

End of Flashback

The bus stopping to pick up passengers brought her back to reality, as usual with a face of tears

“Is someone sitting here love?” The elderly woman said. Bobby wiped her face with her sleeve, turned to her left and removed her bag from the seat next to her.” No “ she said as the elderly lady got comfortable in the seat next to her.  Bobby turned back to the window and began crying again as the bus took her away to somewhere safe.

Caravan park-Summer Bay

“Yes we have one available, ill just get the key” Carly said as she got up from the couch to go and get the caravan key and reservation book. Frank got up and went to stand by the dining table

“You’re Frank right, I saw you at the Diner…Bobby’s ex Husband right? I am Danny”  Danny said as he offered his hand out for Frank to shake

“Yeah, Frank said as reached out to shake Danny’s hand. Both men staring directly at each other.

“Frank I finished the card for Pippa” Sally said as she came rushing into the room. As soon as she saw Danny she rushed over to Frank and clung tight to his waist

“Whats wrong Sal?” Frank said looking down. Sally didn’t respond

“Here is the Key” Carly said as she handed the key to Danny “How long are you staying?”

“Just a couple of days, I am waiting for Bobby to get back from the city” Danny said as he handed over the payment for the caravan

“What?” Carly said surprised

“Yeah Shes gone there for a few days, left this afternoon” Danny responded as Carly gave him a receipt”

“Great, she didn’t tell me” Carly said. “I'll show you to the van then ill bring out fresh linen”

“Thanks” Danny said.” Ill see you around Frank”

“yeah” Frank said and felt Sally grip him tighter”

“The City”- Australia

Flashback to episode 338

Roo-“I hate this place”

Bobby-“Why don’t you go to the city?”

Roo-“And do what”

Bobby -“Start again, find frank, try and make a go of it.”

Roo -“Are you kidding”

Bobby”Well things went wrong the fIrst time, maybe away from everybody else it might work”

Carly-“ I don’t believe I am hearing this”

Bobby-“ well the way I see it, Frank never let go of you, not really and even though we are not good for each other, I still want him to be happy. Oh hell ill find somebody one of these days and when I do we’ll all be happy”

End of flashback

“Last Stop” The bus driver said. Bobby opened her eyes, she mustve fell asleep because now she was in the city. She wiped her face with her hands,  rustled her hair then sighed. She picked up her bag off the floor and walked towards the exit of the bus.

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Hello love” Floss said as Frank came into the kitchen holding Christopher. “I thought id cook something special for your first night back

“Thanks for helping out here Floss can I help with anything” Frank said. No love, you just relax. Are you going to see Pippa later? Floss said as she started cutting vegatables.

“Yes, then I am going to drive around and see if I can find Steven. I can’t believe he ran away”

“I know love. I think Bobby went up to the Yabbie creek and asked about. You should check in with Bob Barnett, they are searching too.

“Ok, I will” Frank said as he played with Christpher

“So, tell me about New York:” Floss said, how are you getting on?

“Good, its different,  life moves really fast there, nice to have the break here” Frank said

“That’s good...... How is Roo?” Floss said as she put the vegetables she was cutting into a bowl

“She is good, she wasn’t able to get the time of work” Frank said

“Oh, that is a shame” Floss said “Sally, set the table love, put an extra plate out incase Bobby comes over, I haven’t seen her all day

“She wont be coming over” Sally said “ She’s gone to the city for a few days, to see Narelle and think about stuff” Sally said then walked over to get napkins for the table.

“The City”- Australia

“Bobby its so great to see you” Narelle said as she hugged her friend

“You too Narelle, you look great!” Bobby said as she stepped into Narelles Flat

“Narelle so much is going on, I needed to get away…have you got any food I” Just as Bobby was about to finish her sentence

“Hello Bobby” Steven said as he got up from the couch

Chapter 13

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Frank can you please take me to school tomorrow” Sally said as she approached Frank who was washing the dishes”

“Sure Sal, I have to go into the city tomorrow to pick up something from my office there, hopefully Pippa will be ok to see you tomorrow”

Frank dried his hands and walked over to where his jacket was and began to put it on

“Can you read me a story when you get back” Sally said as she hugged Frank”

“You might be asleep when I get back, ask Carly, Ill read you one tomorrow” Frank said as he picked up the car keys from the desk

“Carly doesn’t read it properly” Sally said crossing her arms

Frank bent down “just for tonight Sal, Ill read the story to you properly tomorrow ok?”

“Ok” Sally said and kissed Frank’s cheek and hugged him

“Ill read you a story Sally” Frank turned around to see Danny smiling at the door

“Do you want something?” Frank said as he stood up with Sally holding on tightly to Frank

“Sorry to interrupt, do you have a spare lightbulb? unfortunately mine just went out” Danny said as he stepped into the house

Frank walked over to the pantry with Sally still attached to him, took out a lightbulb, walked back and handed it to Danny

Danny took the bulb then stared at Frank. “Did you want something else?” Frank said with an annoyed look on his face

“No, that’s it, thanks for the bulb” Danny said smiling then he turned and walked out.   

“The City”- Australia

“Steve! What are you doing here?”Bobby said angrily to Steve

Narelle, why didn’t you tell me he is here?  Bobby said as she looked at Naerlle,

“We have been looking for you for days, the police have been looking for you,  I was driving around for hours in Yabbie Creek looking for you"

“You you you you you!” Steven shouted at Bobby.  Why is everything about you? Why did you go to Yabbie creek? You don’t care about me, all you do is walk around miserable because Frank left you. So what? Life goes on. Its all your fault that he left you anyway, its your fault that Tom is dead because you were being selfish. Its your fault that Pippa died because you didn’t care to come home to help us. You found your dad then forgot about us. I really hate you”

“Steve?” Bobby said shocked that her Foster brother was speaking to her this way.

“Steve!” Narelle said also shocked as Steven put on his shoes to go out

“Don’t go Stevo, let talk about it” Narelle said trying to calm Steve down

“I need to get out of here”  Steven said as he walked towards the door, open the door and left.

“Bobby, I am sure Stevo didn’t mean all the things he said” Narelle said as they both walked over to the couch and sat down. Bobby was still in shock that she did not respond

“Steve will calm down, you’ll see and he will apologise”

”Its all your fault that he left you anyway”

Bobby replayed what Steve said several times in a few seconds then her breathing became heavy and she stated to cry

“Bobby, its going to be ok” Narelle said as she put a comforting arm around her friend.

“Narelle why is everything happening at once, I can’t take this, my heart hurts so much. I can’t stop crying”  Bobby said through tears.

“Everything will be fine, Steve is just grieving right now. Ill come to Sumer Bay and help you  with Pippa’s funeral  if you want“ Narelle said as she rubbed Bobby’s back

“Pippa isn’t dead…..Frank is back”

General Hospital-Summer Bay

Frank slowly opened the door to Pippa’s hospital room. “Hi” Pippa turned around, happy to see Frank, she sat up in bed “How are you? Frank said as he gave Pippa a hug.

“I fee much better now that you are here” Pippa said as she smiled to Frank taking a seat in the chair next to her bed. “ Sally asked me to give this to you” Frank said handing the card to Pippa

Pippa started to cry. “What’s wrong?” Frank said as he reached out his hand to touch Pippa”

“Frank I feel guilty for what I did, you all don’t deserve me being selfish. I haven’t seen any of the children because I am so ashamed” Pippa said. “ Its ok Pippa, you are having a rough time, we all love you.  They all know that you are having a tough time, we understand. They just all want to see you, that’s all” Frank said as Pippa wiped her face.

“What about Steven, is he home?” No, we are still looking or him. After I leave here, I am going to see Bob Barnett, find out where they have searched and go looking myself Frank responded

“Thank you for being here Frank” Frank looked at Pippa and smiled

“The City”- Australia

“Are you feeling better now”? Narelle said as she walked out of the kitchen with two plates of dinner. "Not really", Bobby said as she sat down on the couch. Narelle convinced her to go take a shower and just relax but it really didn’t help. What Steven said really cut her and with Frank being back, her heart feels broken.

“Here, I made some dinner, try and eat something” Narelle said as she handed Bobby a plate.

Bobby took the plate and exhaled, she wasn’t hungry. “Who told you Pippa died? Bobby said as she put the plate on the table in front of her

“Steve said he came in the house, found Pippa on the floor, called the ambulance then left” Narelle said as she took a bite of a potato.

“Pippa isn’t dead, she is in the hospital” Bobby responded staring at nothing.

“So Frank is back” Narelle said as she pushed the rest of the potato into her mouth.

“Narelle, why did he have to come back?” when will I ever get over him? I should’ve known he never loved me, I should’ve known that he still loved Roo but at the beginning he really made me believe that he love me Narelle, I really thought he loved me” Bobby started crying “He couldn’t even wait to be divorced before going back to Roo. Was I that terrible?”

“Bobby you told Roo to go after him, you can’t be upset that she did” Narelle said “What was I suppose to do? He was going to go back to her anyway.  Why not be upfront.  I was such a stupid idiot to ever think that a guy like Frank would want to be with me in the first place”

Narelle put her fork down and rubbed Bobby’s back. “Bobby he really did love you”

“If he loved me, why did he leave me? “ Bobby said

Narelle looked down at his lap. “Bobby I know he loved you, he was still wearing his wedding ring when he got here” *

“Yeah but I bet he took it off once Roo got here” Bobby said looking angry at Narelle

“Why do you think it took him a long time to send the divorce papers to you?” Narelle said. I know there is nothing I can say to make you think otherwise but I know that Frank loved you and hard a hard time of letting go. I I know its always going to hurt but it’s his loss. Someone else will come along just like Alan did, remember Alan? “ Narelle said as she smiled. “Yeah, I can’t wait to almost fall in love with another long lost brother” Bobby said as she looked at Narelle then they both started laughing. Talking about someone else coming along, Danny turned up today as well” Bobby said shaking her head. “Oh no, no wonder you needed to get away” Narelle said and they both started laughing again. For a few minutes, Bobby was able to dry her tears and actually laugh.

* Something I noticed while rewatching the end of episode 338, Frank was still wearing his wedding band.

Chapter 14

Bayside Diner- Summer Bay

“Hello Frank” Donald Fisher said as he exited the Diner

“G’day Donald how are you? Frank responded

“Very well, thank you, how is New York? Donald responded

“Good, life is fast over there so it’s a nice break being back” Frank said with a smile

“And how is Roo, is she at Alf’s place? Ill go by and see her”

“No Roo didn’t come with me. She just started a new job and couldn’t get the time off” Frank responded as he played with the car keys

“Ah right, well,  I assume you are not going to stay long since I am sure you need to get back to work” Donald said

Knowing where Donald was going with his line of questions, Frank responded “No I won’t be staying long, I need to get back to my wife”

“Good to hear” Donald said as both men stared at each other “Well, I hope to see you again before you leave, goodnight” Donald said as he walked away. Frank shook his head

“Frank, mate!” Lance said as he saw Frank walk into the Diner.

“G’day mate” Frank responded with a smile as he shook Lance’s hand

“When did you get back?” Lance said, still very excited to see Frank. “This morning” Frank said

“G’day Frank” Matt said as he walked out of the kitchen, what can I get you?

“ I wanted to ask a favor, what time do you finish here?” Frank said

“I am closing up shortly, why?” Matt said with a curious look on his face

“I am going out looking for Steven and wanted to know if you would come to help?” Frank said

“Yeah sure, let me close up, ill come” Matt said as he went to start folding the chairs

“Ill come too ay? I got nuffin going on now” Lance said to a smiling Frank

“The City”- Australia

Bobby sat up when she heard the front door open, she had waited up for Steve and must have fell asleep.

Steve walked in slowly thinking he had stayed out long enough that everyone would be asleep

“About time you got back” Bobby said, which startled Steven then he went to turn the lamp on “we need to talk” Bobby said as she folded her leg in the couch to get comfortable.

Steven sighed then sat on the furthest part of the couch

“Pippa isn’t dead”  Bobby said to which Steve looked up at her shocked “Dead set, Pippa is in the hospital” looking directly at Steven . Steven held the gaze with Bobby then started crying. Bobby got up from where she was sitting and went over to comfort him

“Bobby I miss our family, Franks gone, you’re gone, Tom is gone, I want it to go back like it was before” Steven said as he cried harder

“I feel that way a lot of the time too” Bobby said as she stroked Stevens hair

“Bobby please forgive me, I am sorry for what I said to you, I thought you didn’t care about me. You stay away, you don’t have an interest in anything I do anymore. You wouldn’t listen to me when I wanted to talk that day at the beach. I just wanted to hurt you, I didn’t mean anything I said, honest, please tell me you forgive me” Steven said

“Of course I forgive you Stevo, I should be saying sorry to you. My head has been messed up lately I didn’t mean to stay away,  just been really busy with the diner “ Bobby said attempting to find excuses

“Ive felt so alone lately” Steven said

“Me too” Bobby responded as she hugged Steven again.

The Brother and Sister hugged and cried as they attempted to build their bond and heal the loneliness while falling asleep in the process

Manhattan –New York

“Ruth?”  Roo’s coworker looked up from her paperwork

“Yes Nancy” Roo said as she walked back from the photocopier

“Ill be picking up the plane tickets later today, you are ready for the trip on Monday right?

“Yes, thank you again, I really am excited “ Roo said with a big smile on her face.

“Pack a cocktail dress, We are going out for Dinner and drinks on Monday evening” Nancy said as she began making notes to herself

“Sure no problem”  Roo said as she wrote a reminder note to herself

“Roo, one more thing” Nancy said looking curious

“You said you are married right?” Nancy asked

“Hmm yes, why? Roo asked confused

“On nothing I just noticed on the flight request form you put your name down as Ruth Stewart”  Nancy asked

“Oh yes, I just haven’t had the chance to get my passport changed to Morgan, is that a problem?” Roo said

“Oh no problem, I was just curious that is all” Nancy said as she smiled

Caravan Park – Summer Bay

“Frank! Frank! Frank wake up” Sally said while banging the door to the caravan that Frank lay in sleeping

“Frank! Frank you’re taking me to school this morning” Sally said still banging the door

The door of the caravan next door slowly opened

“You woke me up” Danny said with an angry look on his face

Sally slowly backed away from Frank’s van looking scared “I’m sorry”

Danny stepped out of his caravan and gave the impression he was going in the direction of Sally, to which Sally started to scream

Frank’s caravan door flew open and Frank put his head outside. Sally immediately ran towards his in tears

“What is going on here?” Frank said to Danny “Sal are you alright” Frank said holding Sally’s face in his hands, Sally didn’t respond.

“Did he hurt you Sal?” “No, Sal said wiping her face.

“Its ok, go back in the house and get ready for school” Frank said “Ok” Sally said as she ran inside

Frank looked in the direction of Danny, Danny went back into his caravan and shut the door.

Bayside Diner

“What can I get you?” Matt yawned as he attempted to serve Allison Patterson

“Didn’t get much sleep last night?  Allison said

“What do you want Allison?” Matt said annoyed

“Just some toast and a coffee to go” Allison “Where is Bobby? Allison shouted into the kitchen

“She is not here” Matt responded

“Well I am not surprised, I would be hiding too if the man who left me for my gorgeous cousin came back into town. I probably wouldn’t want to show my ugly face ever” Allison said as she laughed

“I am not serving you, get out” Matt said as he came out of the kitchen

“Maybe I should call around to Mrs Stewart and tell her how rude her staff are” Allison said with a hand on her hip

“I don’t care what you do, get out” Matt said as he pointed to the door

“Ok, I am going. I don’t know what it is with you and that Fletcher family, you’re obsessed” Allison said as she was walking out

“Out” Matt shouted then shook his head

“The City” Australia

Narelle quietly tiptoped out of her bedroom and saw Bobby and Steven asleep peacefully on the couch. Steven had his head in Bobby’s lap and Bobby had her hand on Steve’s head. They looked really peaceful Narelle thought to herself as she smiled

“Phone rings”

The phone ringing made Narelle jump. She rushed to answer before Bobby and Steve woke up

“Hello?”

“G’day Narelle, its me Frank”

“Frank hows it going?” Narelle said quietly as she went into the kitchen with the phone and shut the door

“Good. I am sure you know by now that I am in Summer Bay?” Frank said

“Yes, Bobby told me” Narelle said with a sigh.

“I’m coming into the city today, got to pick something up from the Mackin office, ill come over later, catch up?” Frank said

“Frank…Im not sure if that is a good idea” Narelle said confused

“Don’t tell Bobby I’m coming up” Frank said

“Frank…” before Narelle could finish Frank added “Ill see you later” then he put the phone down.

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

As Frank put the receiver down, Floss came into the room with Christopher

“Floss I am taking Sal to school, then I am going into the city, have to pick up a file from the Macklin office, Ill be back later” Frank said

“Alright love” Floss said with a concerned look on her face because she had overhead Franks phone conversation.

“Come on Sal, lets go” Frank said towards the stairs, seconds later, Sally came rushing in with her school bag

“Bye Floss, bye Christopher” Sally said as she grabbed onto Frank’s hand and they headed for the door

Floss sighed as she watched Frank and Sally leave “I hope he knows what he is doing” Floss said to herself

On 02/01/2018 at 12:02, CaptainHulk said:

Nice that Bobby and Stevo ironed things out in the city.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sal has Frank standing guard outside her room with a cricket bat at night next! Or at the least cling to him like a limpet.

I can't condone Danny's actions but I'd be kinda P.O.'d too if some kid bashed on my van at ridiculous A.M.! Then again he was probably up all night talking with the voices! ?

I'm guessing in this Universe, Carls sucked it up and went back to finish out Y12 along with Stevo? (who at the start of the series was 3yrs behind her).

I'm glad you've given Matt more of a purpose as he was basically an Extra with pretty high billing on the show. His bedroom scene with Carly was rather nice and believable.

Will anyone else from this time period factor into the story? granted the Fletchers are your focus but I'm curious.

Others will pop in here and there- so far we have seen Lance, Martin, Allison Patterson, Donald., Alf, Ailsa, Nev, Floss

Yes Carly has gone back to school but not for long

Chapter 15

“G’day Ailsa” Frank said as he walked into the Diner

“Hello Frank, what can I get you” Ailsa said as she picked up empty cups and headed back towards the counter

“Oh nothing, I just wanted to ask you if you were going in to see Pippa today? Frank said as he put one hand on the counter

“Yes I am going to go there this afternoon”  Ailsa said “do you want me to give Pippa a message?” Ailsa said as she wiped her hand with a towel

“I am going into the city, I have to pick up a file from the Macklin office, Please tell Pippa that I will be in this evening” Frank said as he stepped back away from the counter

“Ok, I will, she looked better the other day, hopefully she can come home soon” Ailsa said with a smile

“Yes, I hope so too” Frank said as he headed towards the door “Hey, Ailsa, what is he story with this Danny guy” Frank said as he headed back to the counter

“What do you mean?” Ailsa looked concern

“For some reason, Sally is afraid of him, you saw how she reacted the other night in here when he spoke to her”

“I really don’t know" Ailsa said looking confused

“Well whatever his deal  is, he better not step out of line and he better stay away from Sally, see you later”  Frank said as he walked towards to the door and came face to face with Matt

“G’day Frank” Matt said

“G’day Matt, can I ask a favor?”

“Sure” Matt said with a curious laugh

“I am heading into the city, I have a few things to take care of, I might be back late tonight, can you stop by the house and check on Sal and Carly? Frank said

“Sure, no problem” Matt said, he wanted to see Carly again

“Thanks, see you later” Frank said

As Frank walked out the door, Ailsa stood wondering what he meant by he had a few things to take care of.

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Im goint to make a start on the outside of those vans”  Nev said as he was about to head out of the door

“Alright  love” Floss said as she cleaned the stove

“Knock on the door”

Floss and Nev both looked at the door and saw Danny standing there smiling

“Can I use the shower? There is no hot water  in the showers outside” Danny said

“Ummm no love, against the rules, sorry” Floss said “Nev go take a look at the showers, see what is going on with the hot water”

Nev went in the direction of the door, Danny walked behind him

“By the way, is Frank here?” Danny stopped turned around and said “No love, he isn’t” Floss said then Danny turned around and left

General Hospital – Summer Bay

“Hello Pippa” Mrs Malloy said as she entered th hospital room

“Mrs Malloy, how are you” Pippa said as she put the book she was reading down “I am fine thank you, how are you doing?”

“I am feeling much better” Pippa said with a smile on her face” Frank is home”

“Oh that is nice” Mrs Malloy said as she said down in the seat next to Pippa’s bed

“Mrs Malloy, I want to apologise for the other day, I love my children and I couldn’t bear to think about losing them after losing Tom” Pippa said. “I know Pippa, you don’t have to apologise but I am sorry I have to raise the issue again, what are your plans” Mrs Malloy said  with a concerned look on her face

“Well I want to keep my children” Pippa said with a serious look on her face

“Ok” Mrs Malloy said. You are a great foster mother Pippa, I don’t want to take the children away from you but you have to understand the position I am in” Mrs Malloy said

“Can you please give me a week? I am feeling much better now, please give me some time before you make any decisions” Pippa said

Mrs Malloy paused for a few seconds “Ok, I will” she finally said

“Thank you” Pippa said with a smile

Narelle’s Flat- “The City-Australia

Bobby opens her eyes and begins rubbing them. “Hey” Narelle said as she noticed that Bobby was awake

“I am still tired” Bobby said as she looked down on her lap to see Steve still fast asleep. She gently pushed Steve’s head which forced him to move so she could slide to the end of the couch.

“Bobby, I want to tell you something” Narelle said “ Can you tell me later? All this crying has given me a headache and I want to take a shower” Boby said as she got up “Hey are you not going to work today” she said as she looked at Narelle “Nah, I called in sick, I wanted to spend the day with you” Narelle said as she smiled “Thank you” Bobby said as she touched Narelles arm on the way to the bathroom.

Macklin Corporation-“The City” Australia

“Good Morning Mr Morgan, nice to see you” The receptionist said “Please go through” the receptionist said as she pointed at the entrance.

“Thanks” Frank said with a smile as he walked in the direction of the door. Frank opened the glass doors then walked towards the door of his old Manager” Frank knocked on the door

“Come in” A voice told him. Frank opened the door and was met with a surprise…A smiling Brett Macklin

“Hello Frank”

“I wasn’t expecting to see you here” Frank said

“I guess so” Brett said as he motioned Frank to have a seat

“So how are you, how is New York?” Brett said as he sipped his cappuccino

“Good, life is fast over there but good” Frank responded "When did you get back?”

“A month after you left for New York. By the way, I  hear congratulations are in order for you and Roo” Brett said as he sipped his cappuccino again

“Thanks” Frank said

“I must say I was surprised to hear that you and Roo got married, especially after what she did. I also remember you being in love with Bobby” Brett said as he again took another sip of his cappuccino

“it didn’t work out between me and Bobby” Frank said suddenly feeling uncomfortable

“I guess not, well I know Roo always wanted you back so I am glad you two got together” Brett said as he smiled. “So, how is Bobby doing?” Brett said as he leaned back in his chair

“Good, she is the co-owner of the Bayside diner in Summer Bay” Frank said

“Really? A business woman? Interesting” Brett said sounding impressed “Is she seeing anybody? Is she married?” Brett said slowly swiveling his chair side to side

“You have to ask her that” Frank said getting annoyed

“I might just do that, I have to meet the manager of the Sands resort next week, I might just pop by the Bayside Diner you said and say hello” Brett said smiling

“Do you have that file transfer?” Frank said looking visibly annoyed

“Yeah sure, sorry, here it is” Brett said as he handed Frank the file then got up from his chair

“No speech again about me having to do everything right by Bobby if I am interested?” Brett said as he sat on the edge of the desk

“What you and Bobby do is your business” Frank said getting up from the chair

“Yes, it is our business” Brett said as Frank walked towards the door

“Oh, tell Roo I said hello “ Brett said smiling. Frank didn’t turn back he walked out the office still annoyed

Thank you for reading! I hope you are all still enjoying the story :)

Chapter 16

Manhattan- New York

“Hello Can I speak to Frank please” Roo said to the person who answered the phone

“Sorry he isn’t here right now, can I take a message” Roo heard

“Please tell him his wife called” Roo said

“Oh hello Roo love, its Floss, how are you”? Floss said

“Oh hello Floss, Im doing good, how are you? How is Pippa?" Ross said

“I am doing well love, well Pippa is get better, hopefully she can come home soon” Floss responded

“I am glad to hear that, then hopefully Frank can come home soon…..Do you know where he is? Maybe ill try the Diner” Roo said

“He said he is going into the city, he said he will be back home later. Ill tell him that you called” Floss said 

“How is everyone else doing”? Roo said

“Everyone is fine love, shame you couldn’t make it”

“Yeah, maybe next time. Ok, thanks floss. Bye” Roo said, not waiting for Floss to respond. She exhaled, and went to her closet to pick out a cocktail dress

“The City”-Australia

Frank angrily opened the car door, got in, slammed the door shut and banged his hand on the steering wheel then leaned his head back on the headrest

Flashback to John F Kennedy Airport- New York

Roo- “Frank, you do love me don’t you?”

Frank “Course I do, I married you didn’t I”

End of Flashback

Frank exhaled, started the engine and headed towards Narelle’s flat.

Bayside Diner-Summer Bay

Hello Mrs Stewart, can I please have some coffee and toast please” Danny said as he put his hand in his pocket to get money out

“Hello Danny, have a seat, I will bring it over- Ailsa said

“Can I please have a glass of water” Danny said from his seat

Ailsa walked over to him with a jug and a glass-“ Here you go” Ailsa said as she poured Danny some water

“Thank you “ he said and smiled

As Ailsa walked back to the kitchen, she instinctively turned back to look at Danny as she did he was banging the side of his head then he swollowed some tablets, drank some water then walked out talking to himself. Ailsa just watched concerned.

Summer Bay Beach- Summer Bay

Carly smiled to herself as she thought about where she was going. She was going to see Matt, she hadn’t seen him since he stayed over. Carly’s thoughts were interrupted by Allison Patterson

“Hello Carly, lots going on at your house recently, Pippa on her death bed, Bobby hiding in shame because the man who left her is back in town  but the best news is Matt is back in town” Alison said smiling

“Get lost Alison” Carly said as she attempted to walk away

"Did I tell you that I always had a crush on Matt? Yeah, since we were little. Now that we are all grown up, I might try my luck with him being single. I might just go and see him. I am sure he will love the company of a woman….not a school girl” Allison said as she walked in the  direction of the Diner laughing

Carly watched Alison walk away, turned around sad and walked in the direction of home.

Narelle’s flat- “The City”-Austrailia

“So, what should we do today” Narelle said as she drank some juice waiting for options from Steve and Bobby

“I’m still tired” Bobby said as she ate some toast, I want to just hang out here if its alright”

“I want to go home and see Pippa” Steve said

“Steve, she isn’t seeing anyone right now but she is ok. I think you should head back to Summer Bay, get ready for school on Monday” Bobby said “Does your arm still hurt?”

“A little” Steve responded.

“My little brother fighting for our familiys honor” Bobby said as she playfully hugged steve

“Knock at the door”

“Ill get it” Bobby said as she got up and walked towards the door

Narelle closed her eyes, preparing for the fireworks

Bobby opened the front door, her heart jumped

“Don’t I get a hello” Frank said

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Summer Bay caravan park, can I help you” Floss said as she answered the phone

Hello Mrs Mcphee, its Mrs Patterson, Sally’s teacher”

Floss looked worried “Hello, what can I do for you”

“I’m afraid its Sally again, she is crying for her brother Frank, got hersef into such a state” Mrs Patterson said

“Frank is not here, I think I may have to come and get her” Floss said

“I think so too. I know its not my business but do you know when Mrs Fletcher will be home”Mrs Patterson said

“No sorry, I don’t but I will be there shortly to pick up Sally, thank you” Floss said as she put the phone down

Narelle’s Flat- “The City”-Austrailia

Bobby didn’t respond to Frank, instead she walked away. Frank stepped into the flat, shut the door and made his way to the living roon where he sees Steve

“What are you doing here” Frank said angrily

Steven was shocked to see Frank but said “Why do you care? No lectures, I got one from Bobby last night”

“I suppose its good news that you are here and ok” Frank said looking at Steve

“Frank” Narelle said as she walked over to Frank and giving him a hug “Good to see you”

“Good to see you too, you look great” Frank said smiling then he looked in the direction of Bobby who was trying her hardest not to cry.  She picked up the plates off the table and and headed towards the kitchen.  As Frank followed, Narelle and Steve looked at each other.

“So you re not going to talk to me”Frank said as he got in the kitchen

Bobby exhaled “I thought we said everything we had to say to each other a year ago”

Bobby put the plates in the sink and turned to leave, Frank closed the door.

“What are you doing “ Bobby said “ You're not leaving until you talk to me"

“What do you want me to say Frank? How are you? How is New York? How is married life? Better the second time? “ Bobby said as she crossed her arms and went and stood by the sink

“Bobby, I hurt you, I know it, and you have every right to hate me. You are the last person that I wanted to hurt" Frank said

"Well congratulations, you did" Bobby responded

"Sorry" Frank said

"Sorry will never fix this Frank,  I gave up going to Uni  for you because I wanted us to have a future, I gave up my dreams because I love you Frank and you broke my heart, do you understand that? You broke my heart"- Bobby says as she starts to cry  then turns towards the sink

Frank reaches out to touch her arm then he stops

“What can I do to fix this" Frank said

“You cant do anything Frank, just stay away from me" Bobby responded

"Well that is going to be hard, we are going to have a family meting about Pippa tonight, so you have to be there" Frank said

"Have you seen her" Bobby said "Yes" Frank responded

"How is she doing" Bobby said

"Better" Frank said

"I'm staying here for a few days, whatever you decide, you have my vote" Bobby said as she wiped her face and went to leave

Frank grabbed her arm to stop her  “Why did you tell Roo to come after me? She said you gave her your blessing to be with me”

“Why not Frank” Bobby said dejected “You never stopped loving her, why not make it easy for her conscious and yours" Bobby said as she opened the kitchen door and walked out and went to the bathroom to cry

Frank came out of the kitchen and looked at Steve

“We need to have a talk, put your jacket on, lets go” Frank said to Steve

Steve didn’t move

“Now” Frank said. Steve got up reached for his jacket and rushed passed Frank to the door

“Go easy on him, he is really upset”   Narelle said as Frank followed behind Steven

Thank you all for your feedback, I am glad you are enjoying my story :)

Chapter 17

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Carly opens the door and drags her feet on the ground as she walks into the house

“Hello Carly” Nev said as he looked up from reading the newspaper

Carly didn’t respond, she walked over to the kitchen, opened the fridge and took out a can of coke

“Carly, are you alright” Nev said as he got up from the chair and went over to her

“Sorry Nev, I am fine, I am going up to my room” Carly said and walked away

When Carly got to her room, she closed the door, put her bag down and sat on the bed. She thought about the time Matt stayed over, she really liked him but still being in school, she didn’t feel that he would want her. “The women in this family are unlucky in love” Carly said out loud then fell back on the pillow as one tear dropped from her eye.

“The City”-Australia

Frank and Steve were walking in silence. They had been walking in silence for about 10 minuts

“Ok, enough of this, lets talk” Frank said as they arrive at a bench at a bus stop and he sat down. Steve sat next to him

“Why do you want to talk now?” Steven said

“What? I am worried, I want to know what is going on. Carly rings me up telling me you are fighting then you run away and when I come looking for you, you are at Narelle’s” Frank said

“Well nobody asked you to come looking for me” Steve said with an angry tone

“Steve, what is this really about?” Frank said as he pushed Steve’s shoulder back to look at him eye to eye

“Its about you leaving, you didn’t just leave Bobby, you left us too” Steve said

“That’s not true” Frank responded very shocked

Yes it is and you know it is” Steve said shrugging Franks arm off his

“Look I don’t know what gave you that impression mate but that is not what happened” Frank said

“Yes it is, what about that time I came to see you in the city, you practically forced me home like I was nobody” Steve said almost on the verge of tears “I really needed to talk to you Frank but you wouldn’t talk to me

“I had a deadline that day, I couldn’t talk, I told you about that” Frank said

“What about the time I called you in New York? You were making excuses then too” Steve said

“Steve you called at 1am, I had to get some sleep because I was going to work in the morning” Frank said.

“Yeah….work always comes first with you, that is why you left Bobby and us in the first place” Steve said as he got up

“Look, me and Bobby breaking up has nothing to do with you. If you are angry at me for not talking to you, I am sorry but don’t bring that into this” Frank said almost angry

“Why? Gulty conscious?” Steve said as he looked at Frank sarcastically

“Fine, do what you want” Frank said and began to walk off

“Yeah that’s right, walk off” Steve said as he stood up “ that is what you are good at, leaving your family behind to pick up the pieces . You never cared about anybody but yourself, you are very selfish and I am ashamed that you are my Foster Brother

Frank stopped walking, turned around with an angry look on his face and his hand balled up into a fist

Summer Bay

“Hello love, I’ve come to take you home” Floss said as she arrived at the headmistress office.

“Where is Frank, I want Frank” Sally said almost in tears

“Frank has gone to the city love, he told you this morning”

Sally began to cry

“What is the matter lovey?”

“I want to tell Frank” Sally said as she cried

“Its alright love, don’t cry” Floss said “let’s get you home ok” Floss said as she put her hand out to Sally who reluctantly takes it

Manhattan-New York

“Hello Auntie Barbara its me Roo”

“Roo how are you? I was just thinking about you the other day” How is everything going?”

“Great, I got a really good job, yeah I am glad we came” Roo said

“That is great news, how is Frank?” Barbara asked

“He is good”, he is actually in Summer Bay” Roo said

“Really, why?” Barbara responded

“His Foster Father died and his Foster mother is in hospital” Roo said

“Oh yes, Alf told me about Tom, that is a shame. I hope Pippa is doing well. So why didn’t you come? It would’ve been great to see you. Sorry I couldn’t make it out there for the wedding, your dad showed me the pictures, you looked beautiful”:

“Thanks, I wish you were there too. I just started this job and I didn’t want to push it by asking for the time off. How is Rebecca?" Roo said

"She is doing great, she was in Summer Bay last month, she went to visit Donald and Bobby. Her and Bobby are really close now. I think she sees Bobby as the last link to Allen” Barbara said

“So have you seen Bobby much?” Roo said

“No she hasn’t been up here but I did speak to her last month while Rebecca was there ”Barbra said.

“Ok  how is she getting on?” Roo asked

“Well fine I think….Is there a problem Roo?”

“No I am just asking that’s all, just wanted to see how everyone is doing”

“You mean you want to find out if Bobby is still in love with Frank  and upset over their break up? Barbra

“Is it that obvious?” Roo said

“Yes love, it is” Barbara said

“Auntie, I know I am being silly but I can’t shake this feeling that Frank still loves her. I know he chose me and it does feel right between us but I feel like she will always be there” Roo said

“Well that is understandable, considering the way things ended between Bobby and Frank and You and Frank getting together and they will always be connected because they are foster siblings” Barbara said

“I guess I didn’t really face it until he told me he was coming back to Summer Bay. I know he still cared about Bobby a lot, he spoke about her often yet he told me he loved me so it didn’t really matter” Roo said

“I am sure that Frank and Bobby will see each other but you have to remember that he chose you, he married you. You have to feel secure with that” Barbra said

“I know, I am probably being stupid, but I just needed to get it out and face it” Roo said

“You love him don’t you” Barbra said

Roo hesitated then responded “Yes, I wouldn’t have married him otherwise” and laughed

“Don’t worry, everything will be fine” Barbra said

“Thanks, I got to go, Frank will be angry at the phone bill when he gets back” Roo said with a laugh

“Alright love, take care now and don’t worry” Barbra said

“Bye” Roo said and she put the phone down. As she took her hand off the receiver, she looked at her wedding ring and thought back to the time she sat in the church and watched a very happy Frank marry Bobby.

Narelle’s Flat- “The City”-Australia

Narelle slowly walked into her bedroom, Bobby was lying down

“Bobby are you awake?” Narelle said as she sat on the bed

Bobby turned around and sat up on the bed  “Narelle you are supposed to be my friend, why didn’t you tell me Frank was coming here?

“I am your friend, I was trying to tell you this morning but you didn’t want to listen” Narelle responded

“Narelle, I am tired of this, I am tired of being lonely,  I am tired of feeling this way, I am tired of crying over a man who never loved me. You know I told you that Danny asked me to leave with him? He asked me again just before I came here, I have decided to go with him” Bobby said then exhaled

“Are you sure you want to go with him? I mean you said he talks to people, look what he did to you M..” Narelle was interrupted “I know that” Bobby said angrily” I am lonely Narelle, Danny is the first guy who really likes me, I mean really likes me I think I like him too, maybe this way I can get over Frank because nothing works. I can’t live my life like this” Bobby said

“Bobby, this isn’t the way to do it. You have to be 100% sure that you want to be with Danny, you cant think it  otherwise you might end up stuck in an unhappy relationship, far away from your family and friends because you are trying to get over Frank.” Narelle said “Danny left the last time”

“So did Frank” Bobby said “Yeah but Danny left because he was ill, he didn’t want to put you at risk, what if that happens again?” Narelle said

“He isn’t like that around me, he doesn’t hear any voices and he is very loving and caring. He makes me feel like I am very important. I want to go with him Narelle….I need to go with him” Bobby said

“Well its your decision, I can’t change your mind but please don’t be blinded by your need to get over Frank that you get into a worse situation” Narelle said

Bobby didn’t respond

“So when are you going?” Narelle said “ He said he would wait around for me for a few days so I guess when I get back, Ill get myself together and go as soon as I can” Bobby responded

“Well, you are my friend and I want you to be happy so if that is what you want, I support you but I want to say one final thing” Narelle said with a serious look on your face

“What is it” Bobby said

“Frank really did love you” Narelle said

Bobby didn’t respond

Thank you for reading, glad you are still enjoying

Chapter 18

“The City”-Australia

Barbara put the phone down and walked over to the mantel shelf where family photos sat. She picked up the photo of Alan and Bobby and she smiled . Barbara enjoyed getting to know Bobby in the months after Alan’s passing and remembered how Bobby’s eyes sparkled like stars when she told Barbara of how much she loved Frank and their wedding plans. Barbara felt the same happiness for Bobby as if she were her own daughter, something Bobby had wrongly concluded last year. Barbra stopped smiling when she thought about Ruth living with her and explaining how her and Frank were giving their relationship a chance. Barbara felt guilty for being happy for one niece and not the other. Barbara came back to reality when she heard the front door open

“Hi Mum” Rebecca said as she came through the door”

“How was your day?” Barbara responded as she put the photo back on the shelf

“Good, did you pick up the sheet music for me? Rebecca said as she was walking towards her room

“Yes I did, here it is, by the way, your cousin Ruth called today, she asked about you” Barbara said as she picked up the sheet music from the table

Rebecca stopped walking , turned around  took the music from her Mum’s hands and walked away

“Come on, be nice, she is your cousin” Barbara said

“And? Bobby is my sister, what is your point?” Rebecca said

“You cant get involved Rebecca” Barbara said

“Yes I can, Bobby is a priority to me” Rebecca said

“Frank wanted to be with Ruth’ Barbara said

“So,  they are both dogs” Rebecca said then she walked off

Barbara sighed as she watched her daughter walk off, she admired the support she had for her sister still feeling guilty that she was taking sides

Barbara opened the draw and took out her phone book. She flipped the pages until she found the number she was looking for . Barbara walked over to the phone, picked up the receiver and started dialing

“Hello Ailsa? Its me Barbara”

Caravan Park-Australia

Danny walked fast, opened his caravan door walked in and slammed the door behind him.

Danny sat down, then stood up, sat down again, put his hands in his hair then started pulling his hair. Danny put one hand in his pocket, took out his medication bottle, looked at it them put it back into his pocket again.

“Go away” Danny said to himself

“ Stop making me do these thing. Sally is nice, I don’t like to scare her. Why do you make me scare her? Bobby wont like it, she wont come away with me if she knows I am scaring Sally. I want her to come away with me” Danny said as he stood up looking around the caravan “No she doesn’t love Frank, she loves me and  is coming away  with me so GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY” Danny said as he fell onto his bed, put his pillow over his head and started screaming

The City-Australia

“You want to fight Frank?” Steve said as he noticed Franks balled up fist “Come on, give me your best” Steve said as Frank walked towards him

Steve put up his hands in a defensive mode and as Frank came towards him, he pushed him away. Frank attempted to hit Steve but Steve grabbed his hand and the two of them began to stuggle. Frank got his hand free and was about to punch Steve when he noticed Steven crying but still stuggling. “Steve stop it” Frank said as he attempted to hug Steve.

“I hate you, I hate you I hate you” Steve said as he eventually stopped struggling and held onto Frank and cried.

“Hello Barbara, nice to hear from you” Ailsa said as she stood in the kitchen to answer the phone

“How are you? How is Duncan? “Barbara said

“Oh Duncan is great, growing every day, you should come over for a visit soon” Ailsa said

“Yes, I will. Are you busy”? Barbara said

“No not at all, , is there something wrong?” Ailsa said concerned

“I had a call from Ruth” Barbara said

“Ah, I guess she told you that Frank is in Summer Bay?” Ailsa said

“Yes, she has got it into her head that Frank might still love Bobby, I feel like I have been put in a position to choose, they are both my nieces but Frank made his choice, Ruth is happy after everything she has been through, I would hate to see her get hurt again ” Barbara said

“What about everything that Bobby has been through?” Ailsa responded

“I know that, I wasn’t trying to be insensitive but I think that its time for everybody to move on” Barbara said

“I guess its easier said than done” Ailsa responded

“How is Bobby? I guess for obvious reasons she has distanced herself from me” Barbara said

“Coping, Id be lying if I said she is over Frank, very difficult to get over him when there are many reminders in a small town like Summer Bay” Ailsa said

“Maybe now would be a good time for Bobby to leave Summer Bay, go to university, meet new people and maybe a new man” Barbara said

“I don’t think that wll happen anytime soon Barbara, all her confidence has gone,  it’s as if she has stopped exisiting” Ailsa said

“I am sorry to hear about that but Bobby has to remember that none of this is Ruth’s fault, Frank made his choice, you have to agree with that Ailsa, she is your daughter now” Barabara said

“Yes I know” Ailsa said as she exhaled

“The City- Australlia

“I’m sorry Frank” Steven said as he wiped his face and sat down on the bench

“I know” Frank said as he sat down next to Steve

“I’ve been so lonely Frank,  You are gone, Tom is gone, Bobby is gone. I feel like I don’t belong” Steve said

Frank sighed

“All I wanted is to talk to you but you have a new life and a new family”

“Steve, I am sorry, It was just bad timing, I don’t have a new family, ok I have a new wife but I am here aren’t I?, if I didn’t think you are my family, why would I travel two days to be here after Carly called? Everything is going to be ok” Frank said

“Do you think the department will send me and Sally away? Steve said?

“No, Pippa and I will not let that happen ok? Look at me” Frank said as he grabbed Steve’s face to look at him “ We will not let that happen ok”

Steve half smiled and said “Ok”

I am glad youre back, sorry its not for good but you are happy in New York right?

Frank hesitated then responded “Yeah” let’s go back to Narelle’s place and get your things and go home ok?” Frank said and stood up

“Ok” Steve said and stood up. “I love you Frank and I am happy that you are my brother” Steve said then the brothers hugs each other tight as Steve exhaled and smiled

:)

Chapter 19

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Knock at the door”

Sally looks up from her colouring book “Hi Matt" she said and ran to the door and gave Matt a big hug

“G’day Sal, is Carly here?” Matt said as he walked into the house

Floss popped her head from the kitchen “Hello love” she said to Matt “G’day Floss” Matt responded.

Sally walked over to the door and shouted “CARLY, MATT IS HERE”

Sally walked back to the table and was coloring with one hand and holding Matt’s hand with the other shortly after, Carly came downstairs with Christopher

“Oh Hi Matt... I didn’t expect to see you” Carly said as she walked towards him .

“Hi, Frank asked me to call in, he said he might be back from the city late tonight” Matt said

“Oh right, thanks, do you want to stay for dinner”? Carly said then in Floss direction she said “Floss is it alright for Matt to stay?” “Course it is love” Floss said as she smiled.

“Yes I would love to stay “ Matt said as he held Carly’s hand with his free hand

“Knock at the door”

Carly, Matt and Sally looked  in the direction of the door to see Danny standing there. Sally immediately got up and went to hold on tight to Matt. Both Carly and Matt looked confused

“Hi, I was wondering if I can use your phone, I can give you some change” Danny said as he held up some coins to show Carly

“Yeah sure, just put the money on the side” Carly said and went into the kitchen”

As Danny walked towards the phone, Matt knelt down “Sally are you ok?” Sally shook her head no “Do you want to tell me what is wrong?”  Sally shook her head no “can you look after me until Frank comes home?” Sally said as she hugged Matt “Of course Sal” Matt said as he kissed her cheek and she smiled into his neck. As Danny pretended to make his phone call, nobody noticed that he put the last Fletcher family photograph in his pocket.

Bayside Diner

“G’day Mr Fisher, what can I get you? Lance said to a surprised Donald as he walked up to the counter

“Um just a coffee and a slice of lamington please “ Donald said as he took his money out of his pocket

“Hello Donald”Ailsa said as she came out of the kitchen. “I see you have a new member of staff” Donald said looking confused “Yes” Ailsa said, “Lance is just helping me out because Matt had to leave early, he is doing quite well” Ailsa said

“Have you seen Pippa, how is she?” Donald said

“Oh she is doing much better, she mentioned that she might be able to come home in a few days” Ailsa said as she leaned on the counter

“Oh that is great news” Donald responded

“Here you go Mr Fisher, a cup of coffee” Lance said as he sat a cup in front of Donald

“Thank you, Have you heard from Bobby? “ Donald said as he put Sugar in his coffee

“No I haven’t but I did get a call from Barbara today” Ailsa said

“Really is there something wrong?” Donald said stirring his coffee

“Oh no no no, she just wanted to say hello. She had a call from Ruth” Ailsa said

“Why would she be cal….oh” Donald said and looked directly at Ailsa

“Yes…” Ailsa responded

“I saw Frank yesterday and he said he would be going home soon to his wife” Donald said

“I am just concerned for Bobby, seeing Frank again, how it will affect her” Ailsa said

“What are we going to do Ailsa?, I mean if Barbara felt she needed to call, should we be concerned about..you know?” Donald said

Macklin Office- “The City” Australia

“Hello John? ….Brett Macklin” Brett said as he swiveled his chair

“Good to hear from you too. Listen, I am coming to Summer Bay and wanted to drop by and see how things are going, what day is good for you? Brett said as he opened his calendar

“Wednesday? That’s good, oh you’re having a cocktail evening? ……Really? ….Can I bring a guest? ….Oh you are putting me up in your honeymoon suite? …..That is wonderful, thanks John, I will see you on Wednesday  bye” Brett said then he pressed the button to call his secretary

“Cathy, can you come in here please”

Cathy knocked then she opened the door

“Yes Mr Mackin?” Cathy said as she entered the office and closed the door”

“I need you to do me a favor, I need to by a cocktail dress for a guest accompanying me to a party next week” Brett said as he smiled

Narelle’s flat -“The City”- Austrailia

Frank and Steven walked into Narelle’s apartment, when she heard them come in, she popped her head out of the kitchen. They had been gone for a few hours, talking, laughing, crying but still having the bond as brothers “Geez, I was going to send a search party out to look for you two! Narell said smiling

“Sorry, we just needed some time to talk” Frank said “Where is Bobby?”

“She is sleeping” Narelle responded ‘Hey Stevo, can you do us a favor, I need some milk, can you get some from the store please”

“Sure, I won’t be long” Stevo said as he walked towards the door and let himself out of the flat.

Frank sat down on the couch, put his head in his hands then  Narelle sat near him “How are you?” Narelle said as she put her hand on his arm

Frank lifted his head up and exhaled “I don’t know Narelle, so much has happened in the last few weeks my head is all over the place. I honestly didn’t expect to be back here and when I did come back I was expecting things to be soo different, I didn’t expect to feel anything”

“You didn’t expect to have feelings for Bobby?” Narelle said to which Frank looked at her

“Frank you are not being fair, you made your choice, don’t hurt her anymore” Narelle said

“Who Bobby or Roo?” Frank said as he sat back on the couch

“Right now both” Narelle said

“I thought you would be wrapped that I still feel something for Bobby” Frank said

“Frank, Bobby is my friend, you are my friend but you broke her heart. She isn’t over you, I don’t think she ever will be over you. Whatever you feel, let it go, go home to your wife” Narelle said

“Narelle…..what did I do?” Frank said as a tear dropped from his eye

:)

Chapter 20

Donald bite into his last piece of Lamington cake, chewed slowly then swallowed

“That was great Ailsa, thank you” Donald said as he wiped his mouth with a napkin

“Oh you’re welcome Donald, glad you enjoyed” Ailsa said as she took a sip of her coffee

“So back to our dilemma” Donald said as he folded the napkin in his hand and put it in the plate in front of him

“Can I get you anything else Mr Fisher?” Lance said appearing out of nowhere and picking up the empty plate and cup

“No, no thank you Lance and pulled out money from his wallet and gave it to Lance for his bill

“Oh right, Ill bring your change back” Lance said as he walked back to the counter

“Well, Bobby is too hurt to be anywhere near Frank, she couldn’t get out of here fast enough when he came in here. Someone else turned up yesterday” Ailsa said as she picked up her cup

“Who” Donald said with a confused look on his face

“Danny” Ailsa said as she took another sip of her coffee

“Danny Farnsworth? What is he doing back in town?” Donald said looking surprised

“I don’t know, he just turned up yesterday with a bouquet of flowers” Ailsa said and pointed to the flowers in the vase on the counter “ then they left together. Ailsa said

“Do you know where he is staying”? Donald said

“Floss said he is staying at the caravan park” Ailsa said

“In a way I wish Bobby had left with him, maybe she would be far away from here, away from memories of Frank ” Donald said

“Maybe but we can’t forget that Danny has issues “ Ailsa said

“Yes, how can I forget, he was really convincing when he said that he was alright when he is with Bobby Donald said “I really want Bobby to be happy, she has been through too much and at times I feel like I cant do anything to help her ” Donald said

“I know Donald, all we can do is hope that one day a knight in shining armour turns up and sweeps her off her feet” Ailsa said as she smiled

“Maybe I can do something about that” Donald said as he got up to leave “Goodnight Ailsa” Donald said as he left the diner

Ailsa looked at him baffled as he walked out of the door

"Mr Fisher, your change" Lance said as he held the money in the air

Narelle’s flat- “The City” – Australia

“Oh Frank” Narelle said as she sighed “This is such a mess”-Narelle said as she handed Frank some tissue, he wiped his eyes then leaned his head on the couch

“Maybe I shouldn’t have come back, it was easy to bury my feelings for Bobby when I didn’t have to see her” Frank said

“Sounds to me like you needed to be here with everything going on in your family ey” Narelle said “So what about Roo?” Narelle said

“What about her?” Frank responded

“Are you happy with her” Narelle responded

“Well I married her didn’t I” Frank responded with a quick laugh

“That wasn’t the question” Narelle responded

" I moved to New York, a nice promotion, a new start away from Australia, a beautiful bride who makes a great impression with everyone she meets….a perfect situation, what more can I ask for?” Frank said as he took a deep breath and exhaled

“But are you happy Frank?” Narell asked

Frank paused

“This is what I want, I left Bobby and Summer Bay for what I want, this is what I want “ Frank said “ I married Roo because I love her, we were meant to be, how many people can say they went through what we went through and are still making a go of things. Its true love, I am being silly about this Bobby stuff, Ive moved on with a woman who makes me happy” Frank said as he got up “Got any coffee?” Frank said as he walked to the kitchen.

Narelle turned around and watched Frank go to the kitchen. She loved her friend but she hated to see him not admitting the truth to himself but maybe this is for the best, this way Bobby wouldn’t be broken hearted again and Frank can go back to his wife where he belongs.

Frank walked into the kitchen, opened a few cupboards until he found the coffee, took it out and put it on the table.

Flashback to Episode 339

Frank- “When will I see you again?”

Roo-“Tomorrow afternoon, I go back and get my things and come down in the morning”

Frank “Well Call me when you get in”

Roo-“Yeah, soon as I’ve dropped my stuff off at Auntie Barbara’s”

Frank “Oh, I don’t know whether I can last that long, better give me a kiss”

Beeper goes of”

Roo- “Whats that?”

Frank-“Oh that’s BPWD”

Roo –“What”

Frank-“Its my Blood pressure warning device, it goes off whenever I kiss you..aah its my beeper , someone wants me to ring them at the office”

Roo-“You’re really going places aren’t you, the big time”

Frank “Well I’m not going anywhere without you”

End of Flashback

Steven opening the front door and announcing he was back from the store brought Frank back to the present “My life is in New York…with Roo” Frank said to himself…”“My life is in New York…with Roo” Frank said again then he exhaled and reached for a cup

Flashback to Episode 420

Danny “Since I've come to Summer Bay, I've been doing a lot of thinking and i've come to the conclusion that I do need somebody, one particular person”

Bobby-“Whose that?

Danny- “Who do you think?”

Bobby and Danny Kiss

End of Flashback

The sound of Steve opening the door brought Bobby back to the present as she opened her eyes and ruffled her hair. This was the first time that she had dreamt about Danny, "maybe this is a sign telling me to go with him" Bobby thought to herself

“I think we better head back to Summer Bay for a family meeting”  Frank said as he came out of the kitchen with a cup and took the milk from Steve

“I think that is a good idea, let me get Bobby” Steve said as he went to wake Bobby

“How long are you staying in Australia?” Narelle said to Frank

“Two weeks” Frank said as he put milk in his coffee, put the milk down and began to stir his coffee

Narelle put her hand on Franks shoulder “ Will you be ok”? she asked very concerned

“In  two weeks Ill be heading back to my life in New York  with my wife, I have that to look forward to so why wont I be ok?” Frank said as he sipped his coffee and turned away from Narelle

Narelle sighed,  Frank is hurting but this really is for the best, she thought to herself.

“Knock at the bedroom door”

“Bobby, Bobby wake up, were going back to Summer Bay” Steve said knocking again

Bobby opened the door

“Get your stuff we are going back to Summer Bay” Steve said as he walked back to the living room

“You both go, Frank I said you have my vote, whatever you decide is alright by me “ Bobby said as pushed her hair behind her ear

“Bobby you are not being fair, we need to make decisions as a family, please come with us” Steve said as he looked at Bobby

“I cant Steve, I just needs some time away” Bobby said. Frank stared at her while he sipped his coffee

“Time away to do what? Steve asked getting upset “Bobby please, you promised that we are still your family, you can’t go back on your promise”

“Steve I am not going back on my promise, I am really tired, I just need a break, some time to think, Ill be back in a few days, Frank has my vote” Bobby said

“Bobby you promised…please” Steve said

Bobby sighed then said  “Steve…”

“Please Bobby” Steve said

“I wanted to go and see Rebecca tonight” Bobby said trying to find an excuse. She saw Rebecca last month and had no intention of going to her house since things are uncomfortable with Barbara

“Ok Ill go with you, I wouldn’t mind seeing her again then when we get back, we can go back to Summer Bay tonight” Steve said with a plan

Bobby while searching for something to say, looked in the direction of Frank who was staring right through her

“Steve it might be too late to drive back tonight” Bobby said hoping Steven would just drop it

“No, it won’t be late” Steve said

Bobby was fighting a losing battle, she realized it then sighed

“Ok” Bobby said

Steven hugged Bobby and said “Thank you, I love you”

“I love you too” Bobby said as she accidently locked eyes with Frank who was staring right through her

“Ill ring the house, let them know we found Steve and we will be back late tonight” Frank said as he looked at Bobby

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Great food Floss” Matt said as he chewed the last bit of food on his plate. He was seated between Sally and Carly, both who held his hands at various times during Dinner which made Matt laugh.

"Phone ringing"

“Ill get it” Carly said as she stood up and walked in the direction of the phone then picked up the receiver

“Summer Bay Caravan Park, hello?” Carly said

“Carly its me” Frank responded

“Hey Frank, where are you” Carly asked

“I want to speak to Frank” sally said as she jumped down from her seat and ran over to the phone

“I am at Narelle’s in the city, guess who I found here, Steve”  Frank said as he looked at Steve

“What are you serious? How long has he been there” Carly said both annoyed and relieved at the same time

“Long story, we are coming back later tonight. Is Matt there? Frank said

“Yes he is, we just finishing up dinner, so you want to speak to him?” Carly said

“Ask him if he can stick around until later” Frank said

“Matt, Frank is coming back from the city late, he wants to know if you are still alright to stick around till later” Carly said

“Yes, that’s fine” Matt said as he got up from the table to clear the empty plates

“I want to speak to Frank” Sally said again

“Sal wants to speak to you” Carly said as she handed the phone to Sally

“Hello Frank, what time are you coming home?”

“A little but late Sal, I’m sorry I can’t read you a story tonight, Ill be back by the time you wake up but guess what I found Steve”

“You did” Sally said smiling “Ok, so you promise  I will see you and Steve tomorrow?”

“And Bobby, she is here too” Frank said

“I want to have a word with Frank too” Floss said as she walked towards the phone

“Ok, I love you Frank and Steve and Bobby” Sally said

“Love you too Sal”

“Floss wants to speak to you. Bye Frank I love you” Sally said as she handed the phone to Frank and went back to holding Matt’s hand

“Hello lovey, how are you?” Floss said into the phone

“Good Floss, sorry, I didn’t expect to be in the city long but I wanted to say hello to Narelle and found Steve  and Bobby” Frank said as he laughed

“Oh that’s great news, you finding Steve” Floss said as she paused  “Roo called for you earlier love, I told her that you were out, she said to call her” Floss said

Frank paused “Yes, I will do that when I get back, thanks Floss, thanks for everything, see you tomorrow” “You’re welcome love, bye bye” Floss said as she put the phone down. As she glanced over to the desk, she noticed that one photo was missing….

“Knock on the door”

Nev walked towards the door, opened it to see Donald fisher standing there

“Good evening Donald,” Nev said

“Hello Donald” Floss said from behind Floss

“Hello Nev, Floss, sorry to interrupt, I want to know what caravan Danny Farnsworth is in” Donald said

“Number 3” Carly said as she wiped down the dinner table

“Thank you Carly. Umm is Frank here?” Donald asked

“No he is in the city, he will be back later” Carly said

“Have you heard from Bobby? She hasn’t called since she got to the City” Donald said

“She is in the city with Frank and Steve” Sally said swinging Matt’s hand

Floss looked at Donald as he looked surprised to hear this  “When is Frank getting back?” Donald said annoyed

“They are coming back tomorrow” Sally said, looking directly at Donald

“Right..thank you. Good Evening” Donald said then he left

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Danny lay flat on his back, he had spent the last 15 minutes studying the Fletcher photo he took earlier. He looked at each person in the photo, studied their face, then he got to Bobby, his Bobby, he loved her, she was going to love him. He was going to treat her like a queen, never leave her like Frank did.

“Frank needs to be punished for what he did to Bobby” Danny said as he pressed his thumb really hard on Franks face.

“Knock at the door”

Danny quickly put the photo under his pillow, tided around quickly and opened the door

“Hello Danny” Donald said

“Umm Mr Fisher” Danny said surprised

“We need to talk” Donald said seriously as he entered Danny’s van

Archived