Frank Morgan - Alex Papps

• 1 year later...

Seeing as he was absent for Sally and Flynn's wedding as well as Sally's departure, do we have any information about Frank's life post-2002?  Or anything about his life and relationships post-breaking up with Roo in the early 1990s?

I feel like, as it stands, Carly and Steven have confirmed "happy endings" but we don't know what has happened to Frank and we also don't know what has happened to little Pippa (i.e. is she still alive or not), so we don't have confirmed happiness for Sally either.

• 2 months later...
On 04/03/2021 at 04:12, homeandawayroxsomuch. said:

Seeing as he was absent for Sally and Flynn's wedding as well as Sally's departure, do we have any information about Frank's life post-2002?  Or anything about his life and relationships post-breaking up with Roo in the early 1990s?

I feel like, as it stands, Carly and Steven have confirmed "happy endings" but we don't know what has happened to Frank and we also don't know what has happened to little Pippa (i.e. is she still alive or not), so we don't have confirmed happiness for Sally either.

I assume Steve is still with Selina?

I recall someone saying Frank went back to USA when Bobby turned him down. It would be interesting to know if he reunited with Roo again at some point. 

In my opinion the biggest mistake the producers made was not to keep the original Fletcher family unit in tact. Steve, Frank and Carly didn't attend Bobbys funeral, Steve and Frank didnt attend Pippa's wedding, and as you mentioned, Frank was also absent from family events. 

I think a lot of Franks absences where due to Alex not wanting a long term commitment on Home and Away. I definitely believe things would've been different if he stuck around longer for either his first or second stint. I honestly wouldn't have minded a recast to preserve the character. 

Makes you wonder if the producers were hoping that Justine and Frank would return so they didn't kill them off.

9 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

I assume Steve is still with Selina?

I recall someone saying Frank went back to USA when Bobby turned him down. It would be interesting to know if he reunited with Roo again at some point. 

In my opinion the biggest mistake the producers made was not to keep the original Fletcher family unit in tact. Steve, Frank and Carly didn't attend Bobbys funeral, Steve and Frank didnt attend Pippa's wedding, and as you mentioned, Frank was also absent from family events. 

I think a lot of Franks absences where due to Alex not wanting a long term commitment on Home and Away. I definitely believe things would've been different if he stuck around longer for either his first or second stint. I honestly wouldn't have minded a recast to preserve the character. 

Makes you wonder if the producers were hoping that Justine and Frank would return so they didn't kill them off.

I suppose we have to assume that Steve is still with Selina seeing as Irene hasn't mentioned her in years, even though they seemed fairly close (but maybe not as close as with Will, Hayley and Nick, who don't get mentioned either) and she took Irene's surname.

I don't think Roo has mentioned the early 1990s split from Frank at any point in the 10+ years since she returned.  I don't think Frank mentioned Roo or any other partner during his 2000 and 2002 returns, so I was assuming he has remained single.  And I don't think Martha, Alf, etc. mentioned Roo being in any relationship while Martha was in Summer Bay from 2005-2010.

I also like to imagine that Sally and little Pippa went to live with Frank when they went to America in 2013.

4 hours ago, homeandawayroxsomuch. said:

I suppose we have to assume that Steve is still with Selina seeing as Irene hasn't mentioned her in years, even though they seemed fairly close (but maybe not as close as with Will, Hayley and Nick, who don't get mentioned either) and she took Irene's surname.

I don't think Roo has mentioned the early 1990s split from Frank at any point in the 10+ years since she returned.  I don't think Frank mentioned Roo or any other partner during his 2000 and 2002 returns, so I was assuming he has remained single.  And I don't think Martha, Alf, etc. mentioned Roo being in any relationship while Martha was in Summer Bay from 2005-2010.

I also like to imagine that Sally and little Pippa went to live with Frank when they went to America in 2013.

If I was a writer for the show, this is exactly how I would write his future.  He probably would've had some relationships on the way but they didn't go anywhere. It  would follow on from when Frank said to Pippa that he couldn't see himself happy with anyone but Bobby.

Alex Papps was interviewed a few years ago and when asked, mentioned along the lines that Frank would still be single if he was around.

I know that some people have said that it would be nice for him to reunite with Roo, but I just don't see that happening. However it would be nice to see Alex do another stint in Home and Away and just be really good friends with Roo.

I never watched Franks return for Sallys wedding, but based on what I have read, its a shame the writers didn't include some kind of flash back, or any mention of Bobby.

4 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

If I was a writer for the show, this is exactly how I would write his future.  He probably would've had some relationships on the way but they didn't go anywhere. It  would follow on from when Frank said to Pippa that he couldn't see himself happy with anyone but Bobby.

Alex Papps was interviewed a few years ago and when asked, mentioned along the lines that Frank would still be single if he was around.

I know that some people have said that it would be nice for him to reunite with Roo, but I just don't see that happening. However it would be nice to see Alex do another stint in Home and Away and just be really good friends with Roo.

I never watched Franks return for Sallys wedding, but based on what I have read, its a shame the writers didn't include some kind of flash back, or any mention of Bobby.

I'm definitely not a fan of early days Frank, and I don't know if there's enough of him in 2000-2002 to make any judgement on him maturing as a person, but I think he could be mature enough now for Roo to give him some consideration.

Where is this interview with Alex Papps?

After Sally's non-wedding, Carly says that she was "such a cow to Bobby" (which may have been true in 1988, but they seem to get friendlier towards each other as they get older), but Pippa disagrees with her. 

On 07/05/2021 at 15:21, homeandawayroxsomuch. said:

I'm definitely not a fan of early days Frank, and I don't know if there's enough of him in 2000-2002 to make any judgement on him maturing as a person, but I think he could be mature enough now for Roo to give him some consideration.

Where is this interview with Alex Papps?

After Sally's non-wedding, Carly says that she was "such a cow to Bobby" (which may have been true in 1988, but they seem to get friendlier towards each other as they get older), but Pippa disagrees with her. 

Might be the other way. Has Roo matured enough to be the wife that Frank wants?

I’m sure the interview is on YouTube. It was a while ago when I watched it. Alex also mentioned in that interview that he was a veterinary nurse for six years. That’s great but it just baffles me that as a trained actor, he struggled to get work, and had to retrain in another field. It’s a shame he never took the leap of faith and tried his luck in the UK/US. In my opinion he could’ve done really well in the latter, same with Justine Clarke.

Greg(Ross Newton) appears to be struggling to get acting work too. He currently works at a university doing some sort of fund raising.  

5 minutes ago, Summer's Bay said:

Might be the other way. Has Roo matured enough to be the wife that Frank wants?

I've only got as far as March 1990, so I don't know about Frank's return in 1991 and I can't really tell about Frank's behaviour towards women and relationships in his 2000 and 2002 returns, but in 1988-1989, he does come across as sexist and I finally decided that Bobby was "mature" enough for him after Alan died and then literally goes after her at that party Alan wanted for after he died, i.e. when she would have been feeling vulnerable.  Then he proposed just to try to get Bobby to remember him after she was attacked by Gary's men.  Then he wasn't keen on her going to university and wanted her to stay at home and also not go into business with the Diner.  He expected Bobby, of all people, to be the mild and obedient wife when he already knew about her fiery and independent nature.

He then also starts to go after Roo again after she's been in a vulnerable state following Alf and Tom being missing, holding her hand and then kissing her after he got the promotion.

If Frank was still like that now, Roo should tell him to take a hike.

On 10/05/2021 at 20:38, homeandawayroxsomuch. said:

I've only got as far as March 1990, so I don't know about Frank's return in 1991 and I can't really tell about Frank's behaviour towards women and relationships in his 2000 and 2002 returns, but in 1988-1989, he does come across as sexist and I finally decided that Bobby was "mature" enough for him after Alan died and then literally goes after her at that party Alan wanted for after he died, i.e. when she would have been feeling vulnerable.  Then he proposed just to try to get Bobby to remember him after she was attacked by Gary's men.  Then he wasn't keen on her going to university and wanted her to stay at home and also not go into business with the Diner.  He expected Bobby, of all people, to be the mild and obedient wife when he already knew about her fiery and independent nature.

He then also starts to go after Roo again after she's been in a vulnerable state following Alf and Tom being missing, holding her hand and then kissing her after he got the promotion.

If Frank was still like that now, Roo should tell him to take a hike.

Roo never got over him. I guess he never got over her either.