If you could switch Alf for another original who would it be?

project90

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, joany208121 said:

What about Celia or Carly or even Floss? 

I think Alf works compared to others as he is the heart and centre of the town. 

He ran the firebrigade, surfclub, general store, Noah's bar, owned the diner and the Boatshed/Baitshop over the years. He is the face of the community.

Exactly, the only way Alf is leaving Summer Bay for good is in a box, out of all the characters over the years it actually makes the most sense for him to still be there.

I agree Alf makes the most sense to still be in Summer Bay. The producers got lucky really that Ray was the one who stayed this long. I also think in terms of character and storyline, it would've made sense for Celia to still be around. I just don't believe she'd permanently leave her home for so long - especially since she's only visited about three times since 1990.

1 minute ago, Spinach said:

I agree Alf makes the most sense to still be in Summer Bay. The producers got lucky really that Ray was the one who stayed this long. I also think in terms of character and storyline, it would've made sense for Celia to still be around. I just don't believe she'd permanently leave her home for so long - especially since she's only visited about three times since 1990.

She has been back four times 2000/2002/2005/2013. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also going to say Vanessa Downing's Pippa. I feel like the show would have stayed true to its roots if Pippa had remained and Summer Bay House would have had a constant. I also think she would have been a "foster grandmother" to Cassie and Ric. 

I also feel like there wouldn't be room for Irene. Pippa probably would have taken in most of Irene's charges from 1998 onwards 

9 hours ago, adam436 said:

I'm also going to say Vanessa Downing's Pippa. I feel like the show would have stayed true to its roots if Pippa had remained and Summer Bay House would have had a constant. I also think she would have been a "foster grandmother" to Cassie and Ric. 

I also feel like there wouldn't be room for Irene. Pippa probably would have taken in most of Irene's charges from 1998 onwards 

I don’t think so because they always had at least two or three mothers  on show for teens to take refuge at   wether it was Pippa/Ailsa/Irene or Ailsa/Irene Shelley or Irene/Beth/Sally.  Now they have 5 mother type characters on the show. 

I think Sally would never have moved back into Summer Bay House .

Archived