Judy Nunn is still unhappy about her character’s Home And Away exit

Pantherboy

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. If Judy was feeling bored, the TPTB should have made an effort to change that. I guess she did quite a bit in those last 8 years though.

As for Classic H&A dying with Ailsa, I feel it was a combination of that, the loss of the original Diner and Summer Bay House changing hands.

Judy Nunn sad about Ailsa's departure.... :lol: Well, she should be glad Ailsa didn't leave in 2010 and onwards... Because then Ailsa would have ended up being nasty to everyone in the bay before she died, she would have had a couple of affairs and betrayed Alf several times. She would have also killed someone else, or at least tried to do so, set houses on fire and tried to destroy other charachters.  ... Or maybe she would have liked that??? More exiting to play????

I think we should be aware of that there is a difference between the actor's experience of acting opportunities/work experience and  how the storyline plays out.  Maybe she would have liked more challenging storylines before she left, like being a zombie or a villain. Probably more challenging to act out than just falling to the floor. But the actor's wishes  isn't always in the storyline's interest or the best for the show. Ailsa died of a heart attack, very realistic. Maybe one of the most realistic departure on the show. A lot of persons dies of heart attack. Wish they used such natural storylines more. The aftermath could probably have been written better, especially the relationship between Duncan and Alf... But it is good in comparison with other aftermath's of departure storylines in from 2010 and onwards. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2017 at 11:22, Homeandawayfan. said:

When Ailsa died, classic Home And Away died with her.

Her exit was very poorly executed and a bit of an insult to a key character who could have stayed on for years and years.

I'm starting to get the impression that when a long term character the writers had plans for give his/her notice, out of spite, they get killed off. Bobby and Ailsa  were core characters of Home and Away with many more story lines to come. I understand that Judy wanted to devote more time to her books however keeping her role open would've been, in my opinion a mutually beneficial thing for Ailsa and the Home and Away producers

On 13/12/2017 at 09:33, Blaxland 89 said:

I love the scene when nasty  Alisa keeps tapping the salt on the table. And then throws it 

When was this?

On 19/12/2017 at 20:07, harrietjames said:

Soap rules: Great couples can't break up, one has to die.

Yes unfortunately 

Archived