Hello! I'm new here and would like some help with some unanswered questions :)

Summer's Bay

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 02/11/2020 at 05:42, j.laur5 said:

How long were Neville and Floss living in Summer Bay before Tom and Pippa arrived?. 

Good question. They had to have been there for a few years because if I recall correctly, they remembered when the accident killed the parents of Jeff and Gary Samuels parents.

Gary was probably the same age as Lance and Martin, yet there was no indication that they knew him prior to his stint. The only person who seemed to know Gary was Allison Patterson. Bobby didn't appear to know him either.

Another odd point, Matt grew up in Summer Bay, yet he didn't appear to know Gary or Alan even though Alan, Bobby and Matt all went to primary school together.

On 02/11/2020 at 10:42, j.laur5 said:

How long were Neville and Floss living in Summer Bay before Tom and Pippa arrived?. 

They'd been there a good few years. They probably witnessed Alf letting the Park go to crap after Martha "died",  but kept the house in good nick, odds are they knew about the Gibson car crash that left Julie paralysed and killed her and Revhead's mum. I'd say 5yrs tops.

I thought I read once that they had lived at the caravan park since 1984 but whether they lived at Summer Bay before that is another story. I think in a 1988 episode Lance and Martin did say they were at school with Gary and Gary was 22 in 1988 so born c1966.

Random trivia but in regard to Nev's age, I think Nev was born about 1925 as Floss said he was "60 odd" in a March 1988 episode. Nev's surname and his bagpipe interest strongly suggests Scottish blood, like Alf has.

Perhaps he was older if he was in WWII, and is about the same age as Bert King, Pippa's dad.

In 1988 Nev may have been 67/68 then. Lots of actors play younger characters but as said, it can work the other way, playing older characters. Nev died in 1996 (I guess aged about 75) so if still alive, he'd be about 100 now.

Nev and Floss married in 1949 as they had their 39th anniversary in 1988. I guess Floss was born about 1930.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 07/12/2020 at 01:28, Summer's Bay said:

I think I'm the only one who just found out that Norman Corburn's real life daughter was an actress on Home and Away!

What happened to Nico? did he appear again?

Disappeared after recover Frank's wedding ring from the wreck and sitting with Tom and Pip in the waiting room.

Yeah, Nana played Vicki who lied about Grant molesting her, also bumped heads with Emma a great deal and indirectly caused Carly to drop out after mocking her for repeating Y12. Nana took on another role 5yrs later, Lisa Matthews in 1995 who helped Dodge mess with Stevo before their clifftop plunge!

• 2 months later...
On 08/11/2017 at 10:24, CaptainHulk said:

Greg Benson and Amanda Newman-Phillips were a thing at this point, so  I guess not.  

I just found Amanda's Instagram as well as her and Greg's kids', and it looks like their son Dylan was on an episode of Home and Away in 2019 around the time of Jade (Mia Morrissey) being there - https://www.instagram.com/p/B5VABNBhK08/

Archived