Hello! I'm new here and would like some help with some unanswered questions :)

Summer's Bay

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

After Roo had Martha, Alf went off to Tahiti which I thought was odd considering he was leaving his teenage daughter who just had a baby. Was Ray doing pantomime or something?

Did anyone see any of the original cast in pantomime?

Pantomime is a UK thing and H&A wasn't on there until 1989 so no Ray most likely wanted a break thought i read somewhere that some of the cast didn't think H&A would last six months

I'm Australian and wasn't born til 1992 so i never saw anyone in panto lol

14 hours ago, Bobby Forever Missed said:

Pantomime is a UK thing and H&A wasn't on there until 1989 so no Ray most likely wanted a break thought i read somewhere that some of the cast didn't think H&A would last six months

I'm Australian and wasn't born til 1992 so i never saw anyone in panto lol

Sort of like Neighbours when both Stefan Dennis and Peter O'Brien didn't see the show lasting more 2yrs.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Now, to my knowledge it wasn't used again after Frank left. It was used once or twice for Frank and Bobby which I didn't like, it was always Frank and Roo's song to me. IO'm still holding out for Frank Morgan's return to Summer Bay some day, I think he'd be superb opposite Georgie Parker.

On 05/08/2020 at 21:01, Martin said:

Now, to my knowledge it wasn't used again after Frank left. It was used once or twice for Frank and Bobby which I didn't like, it was always Frank and Roo's song to me. IO'm still holding out for Frank Morgan's return to Summer Bay some day, I think he'd be superb opposite Georgie Parker.

I agree. I wonder what the reason for that was other than an opportunity to play the song

Yes, I would like to see Frank return but for what reason other than a short term stint? The story between Martha and Alf was unfinished, so it makes sense that the producers brought her back to Alf. However, I don't think Alex Papps wants a full time gig on Home and Away.

Georgie probably played other roles well, but in my opinion, she wasn't the right choice for Roo. Unless I see them on screen together, I just cant imagine new Roo and Frank having any kind of chemistry. 

I have read conflicting reports about where Frank went after Bobby choose Greg. Do we know if he went back to USA, or stayed in Australia?

I will never understand why Frank Steve or Carly never came back for Bobbys funeral. In my opinion that would've been a nice sentiment, and tied everything back to the old days.

1 hour ago, Chair said:

Frank returned for Sally's non wedding in 2000.  He was living in New York then.  I think he had split up with Roo by then.

I'm confused. When he returned the first time to try to win Bobby back, Frank and Roo were already separated. When Frank left the second time, he told Ailsa he was going to London, but that was obviously a lie.

I dont think he would've gone back to NY when he clearly said he didnt fit in over there. Unless the writers wanted us to forget that he said that lol

Archived