Jump to content
Summer's Bay

Hello! I'm new here and would like some help with some unanswered questions :)

Recommended Posts

After Roo had Martha, Alf went off to Tahiti which I thought was odd considering he was leaving his teenage daughter who just had a baby. Was Ray doing pantomime or something?

 

Did anyone see any of the original cast in pantomime?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

After Roo had Martha, Alf went off to Tahiti which I thought was odd considering he was leaving his teenage daughter who just had a baby. Was Ray doing pantomime or something?

 

Did anyone see any of the original cast in pantomime?

Pantomime is a UK thing and H&A wasn't on there until 1989 so no Ray most likely wanted a break thought i read somewhere that some of the cast didn't think H&A would last six months

 

I'm Australian and wasn't born til 1992 so i never saw anyone in panto lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Bobby Forever Missed said:

Pantomime is a UK thing and H&A wasn't on there until 1989 so no Ray most likely wanted a break thought i read somewhere that some of the cast didn't think H&A would last six months

 

I'm Australian and wasn't born til 1992 so i never saw anyone in panto lol

Sort of like Neighbours when both Stefan Dennis and Peter O'Brien didn't see the show lasting more 2yrs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was the "Have you ever been alone" song used again after Frank's second stint in Home and Away?

Is it used for the new Roo, or does she have a different associated song?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now, to my knowledge it wasn't used again after Frank left. It was used once or twice for Frank and Bobby which I didn't like, it was always Frank and Roo's song to me. IO'm still holding out for Frank Morgan's return to Summer Bay some day, I think he'd be superb opposite Georgie Parker.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/08/2020 at 21:01, Martin said:

Now, to my knowledge it wasn't used again after Frank left. It was used once or twice for Frank and Bobby which I didn't like, it was always Frank and Roo's song to me. IO'm still holding out for Frank Morgan's return to Summer Bay some day, I think he'd be superb opposite Georgie Parker.

I agree. I wonder what the reason for that was other than an opportunity to play the song

Yes, I would like to see Frank return but for what reason other than a short term stint? The story between Martha and Alf was unfinished, so it makes sense that the producers brought her back to Alf. However, I don't think Alex Papps wants a full time gig on Home and Away.

Georgie probably played other roles well, but in my opinion, she wasn't the right choice for Roo. Unless I see them on screen together, I just cant imagine new Roo and Frank having any kind of chemistry. 

I have read conflicting reports about where Frank went after Bobby choose Greg. Do we know if he went back to USA, or stayed in Australia?

I will never understand why Frank Steve or Carly never came back for Bobbys funeral. In my opinion that would've been a nice sentiment, and tied everything back to the old days.

Edited by Summer's Bay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frank returned for Sally's non wedding in 2000.  He was living in New York then.  I think he had split up with Roo by then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chair said:

Frank returned for Sally's non wedding in 2000.  He was living in New York then.  I think he had split up with Roo by then.

I'm confused. When he returned the first time to try to win Bobby back, Frank and Roo were already separated. When Frank left the second time, he told Ailsa he was going to London, but that was obviously a lie.

 

I dont think he would've gone back to NY when he clearly said he didnt fit in over there. Unless the writers wanted us to forget that he said that lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seem to remember Steven saying Frank was living in the Gold Coast c.1996. I can't remember what was said in 2000, but Roo was still in New York at that point so I doubt Frank was with her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.