Hello! I'm new here and would like some help with some unanswered questions :)

Summer's Bay

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did Bobby and Roo ever have a discussion about being cousins?

It bothered me that Bobby told Frank she would never forgive Roo but as soon as Roo came back for Duncan's christening, Bobby and Roo were BFFs

Those extra short shorts that Tom and Mr Samuels used to wear ?

Did Justine Clarke explain why she didn't want to reprise her role as Roo? 

On October 26, 2017 at 13:40, CaptainHulk said:

^ He wasn't much better. He ditched her for Roo to begin with then came crawling back 2yrs later.

As I'm watching older episodes, Bobby wasn't exactly a saint. She belittled Frank and at times found fault when there wasn't any. In my opinion this was more to do with her insecurities.

ill neve believe that Frank married Bobby on the rebound otherwise, he wouldn't have gone out of his way to tell her twice that he wasn't interested. Here, in my opinion is where the writers messed up. 

Did Roo ever talk about her break up with Frank? What she did while she was away? 

LBH, None of those three characters were mature enough for Marriage at that time, with Bobby and Roo having completed High School that Summer.

1 hour ago, Summer's Bay said:

Did Bobby and Roo ever have a discussion about being cousins?

It bothered me that Bobby told Frank she would never forgive Roo but as soon as Roo came back for Duncan's christening, Bobby and Roo were BFFs

Those extra short shorts that Tom and Mr Samuels used to wear ?

Did Justine Clarke explain why she didn't want to reprise her role as Roo? 

Roo was kind of shocked but their family relationship wasn't really touched on, though Bobby remained somewhat close with  Don,  Alf and Ailsa.

As I understand, Justine was pretty busy and genuinely wanted to come back but timing and scheduling got in the way.

God those tight-ass work shorts... May have done it for the bored housewife contingent but blech!:P

3 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

LBH, None of those three characters were mature enough for Marriage at that time, with Bobby and Roo having completed High School that Summer.

Roo was kind of shocked but their family relationship wasn't really touched on, though Bobby remained somewhat close with  Don,  Alf and Ailsa.

As I understand, Justine was pretty busy and genuinely wanted to come back but timing and scheduling got in the way.

God those tight-ass work shorts... May have done it for the bored housewife contingent but blech!:P

That was definitely evident in the writing as far as all the high school relationships went however, the writers had the chance to rectify all that with Bobby and Frank when Frank returned home but in my opinion they left the wound still open. One of the reasons I was hoping Frank mentioned Bobby on the two occasions when he did return, would have added closure.  I do hope Alex Papps returns to Home and Away, I still want to see him have his happily ever after...however, not with Roo

What happened to the Mikado play? 

48 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

Was cancelled. Floss and Celia fell out over Classic v Modern for the style of the play.

(If you watch the episodes around that There is some GREAT physical comedy where Floss does some silly moments while singing "Three Little Maids" much to Celia's dismay)

Thanks!

I recall the cast had a party but I didnt recall the play. 

In my opinion Floss was a very important character. 

1 hour ago, Summer's Bay said:

Thanks!

I recall the cast had a party but I didnt recall the play. 

In my opinion Floss was a very important character. 

Play never made it beyond rehearsals.

She was,in the first year but apparently didn't fit in with the vision of Des Monaghan for the show (focus being on the Younger cast) so she and Nev were (unfairly in her case) cut. She was great in the whole Caravan Park Grandma role.

54 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

Play never made it beyond rehearsals.

She was,in the first year but apparently didn't fit in with the vision of Des Monaghan for the show (focus being on the Younger cast) so she and Nev were (unfairly in her case) cut. She was great in the whole Caravan Park Grandma role.

I'm hoping to soon see the episodes where Floss returned to Summer bay 

Archived