Hello! I'm new here and would like some help with some unanswered questions :)

Summer's Bay

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 13:11, Summer's Bay said:

I read in the other thread that Alf lives at the caravan park, does he no longer own his businesses? If I recall correctly, Alf was financially well off to build/buy another home

I'm not sure if they ever addressed the issue of the insurance money from the Stewart house, possibly it went on buying the second Diner (the first one burnt down around the same time), with Alf and family living in the flat above for some years until he moved to the caravan park.He currently owns (or at least leases) his latest bait shop and also has use of the Blaxland fishing boat for charters.

19 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I'm not sure if they ever addressed the issue of the insurance money from the Stewart house, possibly it went on buying the second Diner (the first one burnt down around the same time), with Alf and family living in the flat above for some years until he moved to the caravan park.He currently owns (or at least leases) his latest bait shop and also has use of the Blaxland fishing boat for charters.

It was mentioned recently that he also still has the seaplane business he invested in with Duncan.

Alf must have owned the Beachside Diner building as he rented the flat out when he moved out, although nothing was really mentioned of that when it was destroyed. I assume he only sold Theo Poulos half of the Diner business for Leah and then sold the other half of the business to Irene so he continued to own the building.

He also must have had the proceeds from the sale of the Farmhouse on behalf of Martha as he had no idea where she was and I think she’d either signed it over to him or given him authority to sell before she left.

If memory serves me correctly, Tom retired from Macklins when he had a stroke.Gordon Macklin put the resort up for sale in late 1989, not sure if we were ever told for sure if it had been sold but seems a fair guess.

Brett Macklin turned up again in 2005, shortly after Martha came back as an adult, with a scheme to buy up chunks of Summer Bay and turn them into a toxic waste dump and ended up in jail on attempted murder charges.Guess it's about plausible that he'd be out after 12 years?

1 hour ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

If memory serves me correctly, Tom retired from Macklins when he had a stroke.Gordon Macklin put the resort up for sale in late 1989, not sure if we were ever told for sure if it had been sold but seems a fair guess.

Brett Macklin turned up again in 2005, shortly after Martha came back as an adult, with a scheme to buy up chunks of Summer Bay and turn them into a toxic waste dump and ended up in jail on attempted murder charges.Guess it's about plausible that he'd be out after 12 years?

Thanks!

What a bizarre storyline about Brett. Was it the same actor? 

Do do we know who is the elder? Morag or Alf? 

Archived