Jump to content

Hello! I'm new here and would like some help with some unanswered questions :)


Summer's Bay
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

This may hold the key. She says she felt undeserving of the sudden fame and wanted to go back to drama school.

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/celebrity/actor-justine-clarke-the-challenges-of-my-childhood-prepared-me-for-my-new-role-20170201-gu3286.html

Odd excuse, the fact that she quit and wasn't killed off is also interesting

I also think the hate she was getting about her character got to her

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, harrietjames said:

Wanting to spend time improving her craft showed she wanted to be an actor not a soap star.

 

"she wanted to be an actor not a soap star.

Nothing wrong with an Actor wanting to improve their craft. but Justine had been in TV series for 5 years prior to Home and Away and according to the interview below, she was scheduled to appear in another TV series 6 or some months after she left Home and Away

 

Justine’s back… but is Alex set to take off? 
Justine Clarke
 and Alex Papps, former Home And Away couple Roo Stewart and Frank Morgan, are now both on the Nine Network.  But while Papps is settled in at The Flying Doctors, Clarke has moved into TV’s newest suburb, Kingsmead, in the new series Family And Friends.  Clarke admits that she had second thoughts about signing up with another series.  “I did um and ah for a while.  But I knew I was working with the same team who developed Home And Away, so I was confident and it was easier for me to make the decision,” she told TV Week.  But the future of her former colleague is unknown as production has finished filming the sixth series of The Flying Doctors, but there is no word as to whether there will be a seventh.  Nine has asked to reduce the show’s budget, but Crawford Productions don’t want to lower the standard of the show.  “I don’t know what’s going to happen,” Papps told TV Week.  “Ratings-wise it’s doing well.  It’s just the cost.  If it goes into series seven, I’ll definitely be there.”

http://televisionau.com/2010/02/1990-february-3-9.html

 

" undeserving of the sudden fame" 

In my opinion this definitely means that she wasn't anticipating the backlash of her character  and it affected her in a negative way, which is understandable. she wanted to get away and lay low for a while.

Edited by Summer's Bay
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

Nothing wrong with an Actor wanting to improve their craft. but Justine had been in TV series for 5 years prior to Home and Away and according to the interview below, she was scheduled to appear in another TV series 6 or some months after she left Home and Away

The new series Family And Friends

" undeserving of the sudden fame" 

In my opinion this definitely means that she wasn't anticipating the backlash of her character  and it affected her in a negative way, which is understandable. she wanted to get away and lay low for a while.

A quick google tells me that Family and friends started out as 1hr per week. It's often said that the work load for an actor on H&A is heavy given the 2.5 hr each week so that should have been a less intensive gig - she may have been able to balance that with drama school whereas it wasn't an option while filming H&A.

I'm sure I've read somewhere that she refused to revisit the character - guess she would have been asked back for something like Alf's 60th - due to the negative backlash.

It shows she did she did a great job playing a villain but also the bad side of people being stupid not to be able to separate the actor and the character.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, harrietjames said:

A quick google tells me that Family and friends started out as 1hr per week. It's often said that the work load for an actor on H&A is heavy given the 2.5 hr each week so that should have been a less intensive gig - she may have been able to balance that with drama school whereas it wasn't an option while filming H&A.

I'm sure I've read somewhere that she refused to revisit the character - guess she would have been asked back for something like Alf's 60th - due to the negative backlash.

It shows she did she did a great job playing a villain but also the bad side of people being stupid not to be able to separate the actor and the character.

"she did a great job playing a villain"

She did but I not sure if it's fair to call people "stupid " for having an opinion 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Summer's Bay said:

"she did a great job playing a villain"

She did but I not sure if it's fair to call people "stupid " for having an opinion 

Nothing to do with opinions - the vile people who send hate mail and abuse an actor in the street by spitting at them and screaming “Slut!” in their face, just because of something their character had done, deserve to be called stupid.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Summer's Bay said:

She did but I not sure if it's fair to call people "stupid " for having an opinion 

I didn't call people stupid for having an opinion. Treating Justine badly because they thought Roo was a horrible person, isn't having an opinion. It's not knowing the difference between TV and reality.

Some people have "opinions" that aren't matters of opinions - facts are not opinions - choosing to believe the opposite of a fact is not "having an opinion" that's just being wrong. It is fair to call that person stupid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dan F said:

Nothing to do with opinions - the vile people who send hate mail and abuse an actor in the street by spitting at them and screaming “Slut!” in their face, just because of something their character had done, deserve to be called stupid.

I don't call people names so I probably wouldn't call anybody stupid. The reaction by the fans is wrong, I get it but on the flip side I understand why people emotionally invested would react this way 

4 hours ago, harrietjames said:

I didn't call people stupid for having an opinion. Treating Justine badly because they thought Roo was a horrible person, isn't having an opinion. It's not knowing the difference between TV and reality.

Some people have "opinions" that aren't matters of opinions - facts are not opinions - choosing to believe the opposite of a fact is not "having an opinion" that's just being wrong. It is fair to call that person stupid.

I'm not one to call people stupid because of the way they choose to think. IMO it's wrong the way they behaved and it's unfortunate that, that was probably a catalyst for her to leave but I get it, I understand how people can be emotionally invested in a character. I don't particularly care for Justine based on her character because I was emotionally invested as a teen. However I've mentioned here before that she is a phenomenal actress to be able to get this kind of reaction and IMO that is something to be proud of.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.