Hello! I'm new here and would like some help with some unanswered questions :)

Summer's Bay

58 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

Chris moved away with Pip in '98 after she met current hubby Ian Routledge. Pip and Chris (with a new head) returned in 2003 for Sal and Flynn's wedding and Pip revealed to Irene Chris was gay , making Irene's foster son, Nick Smith feel majorly uncomfortable as he was staying with them. Chris later clumsily made a move on Seb, much to his embarrassment and ran away. After some straightening out (no pun intended), Chris was assured it was okay to be who he was. Alf basically said as that Tom'd been proud if that he had the courage to be that way.

The house I mentioned was the same house, just underwent various set repaints. There had to be like 4 rooms in at least mid-199 (Alf + Ailsa, Duncan, Blake, and Karen and Emma before the latter left)

I never understood why children were always around and listening when adults were talking.

I know that Steven and Selina where the 90's version of Carly and Mr Foley, are they still together? was Carly upset that Mr Foley and Stacey got together?

I dont recall her name but I am trying to remember a character who was on Home and Away for a short while. I recall she was sick and I believe she died. I recall one episode she was dating someone and he had her over his shoulder on the beach running and enjoying life and her nose was bleeding or something.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ One case I can think of is Emily Vincent in 2006 who married Brad Armstrong who later got with Sally only months after Flynn died.

14 minutes ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

What I loved was especially in the first few years, the amount of high school scenes as it was so much like my own schooling. Teachers debating with one another, pupils playing pranks, sometimes on the teachers. Maybe why I preferred H&A back then over that Ramsay Street lot as in Neighbours the teens were more boring.

I dunno, Todd/Melissa/Josh/Cody had their moments (partner swap, computer hacking, Brewing exploding booze, strip poker, trailbiking)

I am still convinced that Don was born Feb 1945 as I think he may have rounded up the 25 years of service in 1988 about teaching. Later that year he said 23 years, so he must have started in 1965 aged 20. He got his degree at 20 years old then swiftly moved to Summer Bay. Also in May 1988 a ref was made that pointed to a 1945 birthdate. Don's 50th was the only explicit ref to his age and I would say that is correct. Ailsa was hinted as being 38 in 1988 and had her 50th in 2000. Some characters ages can stay consistent.

7 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

I never understood why children were always around and listening when adults were talking.

I know that Steven and Selina where the 90's version of Carly and Mr Foley, are they still together? was Carly upset that Mr Foley and Stacey got together?

I dont recall her name but I am trying to remember a character who was on Home and Away for a short while. I recall she was sick and I believe she died. I recall one episode she was dating someone and he had her over his shoulder on the beach running and enjoying life and her nose was bleeding or something.

Meg got sick and died in Blake's arms. I think it was 1992.

9 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

It was Meg (Cathy Goldberg). She was was seeing Blake (Les Hill) and had leukaemia.

She died after seeing the sun rise at the beach.

And you're right chair, It was indeed 1992. ?

21 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

^ One case I can think of is Emily Vincent in 2006 who married Brad Armstrong who later got with Sally only months after Flynn died.

I dunno, Todd/Melissa/Josh/Cody had their moments (partner swap, computer hacking, Brewing exploding booze, strip poker, trailbiking)

?

15 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

I am still convinced that Don was born Feb 1945 as I think he may have rounded up the 25 years of service in 1988 about teaching. Later that year he said 23 years, so he must have started in 1965 aged 20. He got his degree at 20 years old then swiftly moved to Summer Bay. Also in May 1988 a ref was made that pointed to a 1945 birthdate. Don's 50th was the only explicit ref to his age and I would say that is correct. Ailsa was hinted as being 38 in 1988 and had her 50th in 2000. Some characters ages can stay consistent.

I was under the impression that Ailsa was in her 40's since there was a lot of fuss made about her pregnancy.

Unless Donald started university very early, I doubt he got his HSC at 16 and got his degree by 20

13 hours ago, chair said:

Meg got sick and died in Blake's arms. I think it was 1992.

Thanks! I don't remember the entire storyline, I just remember that episode. I wasn't watching Home and Away much but I Was doing homework and that episode was on in the background.

The actress who,played Allison Patterson, has she been in anything else? Do we know what she is doing now? 

18 minutes ago, Summer's Bay said:

?

I was under the impression that Ailsa was in her 40's since there was a lot of fuss made about her pregnancy.

Unless Donald started university very early, I doubt he got his HSC at 16 and got his degree by 20

Does seem then that Don was originally the same age as the actor when the show begun then as Norman was born in 1937. Donald must have got into uni aged 18 and to become a teacher you have to jump through hoops to get a degree so he must have been at least 22 when he got his degree. So when the show begun in 1988 he must have been pushing 50 if teaching for 23-25 years. No way would he have started teaching at 18.

As I said, in a 1991 episode Don said "I'll be retiring in a few years anyway". This indicates that he was in his 50s at least in 1991.

1 minute ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

Does seem then that Don was originally the same age as the actor when the show begun then. He must have got into uni aged 18 and to become a teacher you have to jump through hoops to get a degree so he must have been at least 22 when he got his degree. So when the show begun in 1988 he must have been pushing 50. No way would he have started teaching at 18.

As I said, in a 1991 episode Don said "I'll be retiring in a few years anyway". This indicates that he was in his 50s at least in 1991.

It really is a shame that the writers didn't create a profile for the characters and stick to it. Several people have written for the show but there should've been a main template for each character to maintain continuity.

22 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

?

I think I read that Selina lost a baby, was that Steven's baby? 

5 minutes ago, Summer's Bay said:

It really is a shame that the writers didn't create a profile for the characters and stick to it. Several people have written for the show but there should've been a main template for each character to maintain continuity.

?

I think I read that Selina lost a baby, was that Steven's baby? 

AFAIK H&A has never had an archivist and characters ages and birthdays jump around a lot. In 1988 Carly is said to be 16 then 17, then 16 again. TPTB dont think we notice these things but we do. We may just have to accept that due to the way the characters ages jump about, they could have been born any time. Darryl Braxton's age had fluctuated between 1979 and 1983. Maybe I should not get to picky about these things but it does seem to fudge the continuity. They need to create files on characters and make the writers check up on them. Neighbours is just as bad.

Archived