Hello! I'm new here and would like some help with some unanswered questions :)

Summer's Bay

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ailsa must have had the longest 3 years in jail as in 1988 she said she was sent to jail for 3 years when she was 18 for killing her father while protecting her mother. Ailsa was born in 1950 so she was sent to jail in about 1968 and must have been released around 1971/1972. Yet in 1999/2000 it was said that she had a daughter 20 years ago while in jail after a officer raped her. Around 1979 she gave birth to Shauna. Also I think she said when she had Duncan in 1989 that she has become a first time mother.

11 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Played Alan Henderson in 2012.

Thanks! I had no clue but I'll definitely be checking out his episodes ?

9 minutes ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

Ailsa must have had the longest 3 years in jail as in 1988 she said she was sent to jail for 3 years when she was 18 for killing her father while protecting her mother. Ailsa was born in 1950 so she was sent to jail in about 1968 and must have been released around 1971/1972. Yet in 1999/2000 it was said that she had a daughter 20 years ago while in jail after a officer raped her. Around 1979 she gave birth to Shauna. Also I think she said when she had Duncan in 1989 that she has become a first time mother.

??? Yup..the writers think we are silly. I get it, Home and Away is only on for 30 mins but still 

in 1988 Roo told Brett that Bobby's grandparents sold the store and left Summer Bay 3years ago in 1985 We know that Martha Stewart died when Roo was 15, two years ago in 1986 so when exactly did Ailsa turn up at Summer Bay? 

We know that Floss and Nev paid rent to the Fletcher's but did Lance have to pay rent for having his mobile home on the Fletcher property? 

When Frank threw out the furniture gifted by Brett Macklin, who paid for the new couch that turned up a few days later? ?

Carly has a trust fund just like Steven, why wasn't she invited to the Macklin cocktail party when she really wanted to go?

How many rooms are in Alf's house? 

I think Ailsa arrived in Summer Bay in 1987.

The pilot was filmed in July 1987, 6 months before the show first aired so I think they cast Roo and Celia in the months inbetween. Roo first appeared in Ep 3 so it is debatable as to whether she can be an original character. H&A begun in Jan 1988 but I would tack the 3 years it took to develop the show onto the true age as Alan Bateman did all the hard work creating the show. The official birthday in 17 Jan 1988 but the true age of a TV show IMHO is when the development stages started which can pre date the first episode air date by a long while.

19 minutes ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

Yes. She was chatting to Phil about it. Surely Phil would have none she had already given birth being a doctor

Yes, there was no indication that Ailsa had used a false name when she gave birth to Shauna and it would be in her medical records. I think it was a retcon just to make Ailsa more of a "woe is me person" all the more since her attack in 1995 and breakdown by saying she was raped and had a child by the rape who was adopted out. Ailsa was cheery and strong in the early years but she changed after the 1995 attack and became more nervous and tetchy.

13 minutes ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

Yes, there was no indication that Ailsa had used a false name when she gave birth to Shauna and it would be in her medical records. I think it was a retcon just to make Ailsa more of a "woe is me person" all the more since her attack in 1995 and breakdown by saying she was raped and had a child by the rape who was adopted out. Ailsa was cheery and strong in the early years but she changed after the 1995 attack and became more nervous and tetchy.

I mentioned a few pages back that I read somewhere Hogan wasn't Ailsa's real last name. 

What happened to Ailsa in 1995? 

Dee Smart must have really got the producer's goats for her character to be Jossed from the show's history!

Matt and Narelle... I dunno. Greg and Amanda made it work off-screen but I don't see them two together on-screen.

8 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

If Pippa had died in childbirth and Tom was still around, do you think Roger Oakley would be still knocking back a tinnie with his buddy Alf? 

Probably. Alf would support him in his time of grief and be there to stop him from drinking too much. Floss, Nev and Ceils would probably help with the kids (the former two would often do so)

Jeff Truman played Barlow and Matthew Thompson similarly, both backward as hell but Thompson while being a stern miserable git at times would never lay a finger on Sarah unlike Barlow who beat the hell out of Sandra. That fight was great, I love Lance's quick thinking "Nuh-uh, Fair first." Scary to think Truman was only in his early 30s playing Barlow (the crew cut and the tache and his build put 10yrs on him).

Even Adam has a HSC ? but was stated to be a Uni dropout.

9 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

I think they need to stop recycling actors and get some experienced actors in who have not been in the show before but have been in the acting profession for a long time. A few actors I would love to see in H&A are Jeff Kovski (Prisoner, Neighbours, Blue Heelers), and Peter O'Brien. Yes they are from Neighbours but I can think of a few Neighbours actors who I would love in H&A. Robert Forza and Gary Files or Alan Hopgood.

Last I heard Peter O'Brien wasn't too fond of his soap past so I doubt he'd be up for that. Last three you mentioned would work in the modern product. They'd probably cops or gun-toting baddies

7 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

I mentioned a few pages back that I read somewhere Hogan wasn't Ailsa's real last name. 

What happened to Ailsa in 1995? 

She was attacked by a vagrant in the diner and suffered a breakdown.(though it had been building for a while dealing with wild exchange Student Laura, whose life ended in a game of Chicken vs a Train backfired plus Curtis' alcoholism/depression in the aftermath, while Alf was in Fiji). This was the final straw, she began taking the same antidepressants that she took during her PND with Duncan and began seeing visions of Bobby (coming out of the fridge no less)

As for Alf's house (The one in Wallaby Crescent before the 2000 mudslide destroyed it), I imagine about 4-5. It was always, Ailse, Duncan and at least 2 foster kids.

7 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Dee Smart must have really got the producer's goats for her character to be Jossed from the show's history!

Matt and Narelle... I dunno. Greg and Amanda made it work off-screen but I don't see them two together on-screen.

Probably. Alf would support him in his time of grief and be there to stop him from drinking too much. Floss, Nev and Ceils would probably help with the kids (the former two would often do so)

Jeff Truman played Barlow and Matthew Thompson similarly, both backward as hell but Thompson while being a stern miserable git at times would never lay a finger on Sarah unlike Barlow who beat the hell out of Sandra. That fight was great, I love Lance's quick thinking "Nuh-uh, Fair first." Scary to think Truman was only in his early 30s playing Barlow (the crew cut and the tache and his build put 10yrs on him).

Even Adam has a HSC ? but was stated to be a Uni dropout.

Last I heard Peter O'Brien wasn't too fond of his soap past so I doubt he'd be up for that. Last three you mentioned would work in the modern product. They'd probably cops or gun-toting baddies

She was attacked by a vagrant in the diner and suffered a breakdown.(though it had been building for a while dealing with wild exchange Student Laura, whose life ended in a game of Chicken vs a Train backfired plus Curtis' alcoholism/depression in the aftermath, while Alf was in Fiji). This was the final straw, she began taking the same antidepressants that she took during her PND with Duncan and began seeing visions of Bobby (coming out of the fridge no less)

As for Alf's house (The one in Wallaby Crescent before the 2000 mudslide destroyed it), I imagine about 4-5. It was always, Ailse, Duncan and at least 2 foster kids.

I think Matt and Narelle would've worked. He is good looking enough and was probably high on the kissing scale since Carly enjoyed him ? By the way, how did Carly and Matt officially end? 

Do you think Tom would've remarried and continued fostering? I recall reading that Roger Oakly had issues with the producers, I wonder if he would've stayed.

I read that Jeff Truman passed away, He also wrote for Home and Away and Neighbours.

I was referring to the first house we saw Alf in. I think there were 3 rooms

What happened to Christopher Fletcher? I read in a thread that he is gay??

Chris moved away with Pip in '98 after she met current hubby Ian Routledge. Pip and Chris (with a new head) returned in 2003 for Sal and Flynn's wedding and Pip revealed to Irene Chris was gay , making Irene's foster son, Nick Smith feel majorly uncomfortable as he was staying with them. Chris later clumsily made a move on Seb, much to his embarrassment and ran away. After some straightening out (no pun intended), Chris was assured it was okay to be who he was. Alf basically said as that Tom'd been proud if that he had the courage to be that way.

The house I mentioned was the same house, just underwent various set repaints. There had to be like 4 rooms in at least mid-199 (Alf + Ailsa, Duncan, Blake, and Karen and Emma before the latter left)

Archived