Hello! I'm new here and would like some help with some unanswered questions :)

Summer's Bay

On November 27, 2017 at 07:32, Summer's Bay said:

What are some of your favourite episodes/scenes from 1988-1993? 

One of my favourite episodes 164..for obvious reasons (see my avatar :) )

I enjoyed the scene (I don't recall the episode number) at Alf's  house (after the family came home to find Roos wedding dress ripped)  with Alf/Morag/Lance/Martin

I don't recall the episode number but the scene where Bobby told Frank she loved him after he tore up the wedding gifts. I'm sure a few of us can relate to this(☹️) that scene, the music, the emotion is just perfect.

Ill add more as I remember 

Do we know if any of the cast read or post on the forum?

Really enjoyed the scenes where Alf chews out his sisters ? Morag's facial expressions are awesome! 

I recall Celia living at Alf's house at the beginning of Home and Away. Does she own a home or is that home she lived in the Stewart's parents home? 

The actors who played Alan Fisher and Graham are two I know who returned to Home and Away to play other actors. Who else did this? 

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Celia was last heard to be living in Nigeria as a Missionary. Yeah, it was the house she grew up in. She probably either let the family home out out or long since sold it after she left.

That dress vandalism was like something out of a mid budget horror.

Flamin' Celia/Morag/Colleen! Alf had a moderately better relationship with Barbara, who according to 1996 dialogue he is closest to in age (though he did have a go at her for the Don poisoning debacle)

36 minutes ago, Summer's Bay said:

Really enjoyed the scenes where Alf chews out his sisters ? Morag's facial expressions are awesome! 

I recall Celia living at Alf's house at the beginning of Home and Away. Does she own a home or is that home she lived in the Stewart's parents home? 

The actors who played Alan Fisher and Graham are two I know who returned to Home and Away to play other actors. Who else did this? 

John Bonney played Richard Bellingham and later Martin Bradley (Northern Districts School Inspector)

Rebecca George who played Anna (Vicki's cousin) came back to play Constable Lara "Fitzy" Fitzgerald.

John Adam played Dave Porter, Luke Cunningham and Det. Atticus Decker in 1990, 1993-94 and 2016, respectively.

Chris Harding who played Skid came back to play one of Ben Lucini's mates in 1991.

Robert Baxter played Bob Barnett and returned as Fred Archer in 1994 and 1996, then played a bus driver in video spinoff Hearts Divided.

Joel McIlroy had a turn as a douchebag driver in 1994 before playing Flynn nearly a decade later.

I'd list more but be here all day!

Norman Coburn was born in 1937 and I think they had not decided to make Fisher younger than him until a few years in. I think Fisher may have originally been born about 1939 or 1940 if he started teaching in 1963, making him about 47/48 in the 1988 series. Usually teachers were at least 21 before they started teaching. But a few years later, Don was deSORASED like Alf was, and him and Alf were later said to be born in Feb 1945 and July 1945 respectively.

Back history and characters ages has always been poor in H&A. Bobby's age has fluctuated over the years, she had birthdays in March as well as December. I have a feeling that she was said to be 23 in 1990 in an episode as it said "vegan for 23 years".

4 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Celia was last heard to be living in Nigeria as a Missionary. Yeah, it was the house she grew up in. She probably either let the family home out out or long since sold it after she left.

Flamin' Celia/Morag/Colleen! Alf had a moderately better relationship with Barbara, who according to 1996 dialogue he is closest to in age (though he did have a go at her for the Don poisoning debacle)

John Bonney played Richard Bellingham and later Martin Bradley (Northern Districts School Inspector)

Rebecca George who played Anna (Vicki's cousin) came back to play Constable Lara "Fitzy" Fitzgerald.

John Adam played Dave Porter, Luke Cunningham and Det. Atticus Decker in 1990, 1993-94 and 2016, respectively.

Chris Harding who played Skid came back to play one of Ben Lucini's mates in 1991.

Robert Baxter played Bob Barnett and returned as Fred Archer in 1994 and 1996, then played a bus driver in video spinoff Hearts Divided.

Joel McIlroy had a turn as a douchebag driver in 1994 before playing Flynn nearly a decade later.

Yikes! Are there no other actors in Australia? ????

There is nothing stopping the writers from bringing in Nicolle Dickson as a new character

If Barbra and Alf are closer in age that would mean Barbra is older than Morag? What a mess

1 hour ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

Norman Coburn was born in 1937 and I think they had not decided to make Fisher younger than him until a few years in. I think Fisher may have originally been born about 1939 or 1940 if he started teaching in 1963, making him about 47/48 in the 1988 series. Usually teachers were at least 21 before they started teaching. But a few years later, Don was deSORASED like Alf was, and him and Alf were later said to be born in Feb 1945 and July 1945 respectively.

Back history and characters ages has always been poor in H&A. Bobby's age has fluctuated over the years, she had birthdays in March as well as December. I have a feeling that she was said to be 23 in 1990 in an episode as it said "vegan for 23 years".

Yikes she jump from 17-23 in 2 years ??

I honestly think the writers think we are silly 

When Matt returned, did he say who he was married to? 

Would love to see Alison Patterson return

Alf alluded to being left back and ending up in Barbara's class... Jesus, it's a mess!

Another ep he pretty much admitted he flunked the HSC or its equivalent in 1958. Yep this show got me frowning at some things

Matt apparently married a woman named Tracy off-screen.

Recycling actors gets on my nerves at times.

I think they need to stop recycling actors and get some experienced actors in who have not been in the show before but have been in the acting profession for a long time. A few actors I would love to see in H&A are Jeff Kovski (Prisoner, Neighbours, Blue Heelers), and Peter O'Brien. Yes they are from Neighbours but I can think of a few Neighbours actors who I would love in H&A. Robert Forza and Gary Files or Alan Hopgood.

3 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Alf alluded to being left back and ending up in Barbara's class... Jesus, it's a mess!

Another ep he pretty much admitted he flunked the HSC or its equivalent in 1958. Yep this show got me frowning at some things

Matt apparently married a woman named Tracy off-screen.

Recycling actors gets on my nerves at times.

Good heavens...what exactly is being taught at Summer Bay High?

So it appears as though only Bobby, Marilyn and Steven actually passed their HSC?

Wouldve been nice for Matt to have married Narelle ? 

I could be here all day with the inconsistencies with the continuity.

In 1988 Don had a brother Clive and later on we saw his sister Mary, mother of Lucinda and David Croft, but in 2001 I think it was, Don said he was an only child. And his mum in 1997 said Rebecca was her only granddaughter, wiping out Lucinda from existence.

What annoys me is as a teenager watching Home and Away, I never noticed the inconsistencies until I began rewatching old episodes recently ? I'm convinced the writers think we are silly.

1 hour ago, Blaxland 89 said:

I always assumed Morag was older than Alf. No? 

I don't think we know ??. I always assumed Alf was older considering the way he would shut down Morag and Celia 

I think they need to stop recycling actors and get some experienced actors in who have not been in the show before but have been in the acting profession for a long time. A few actors I would love to see in H&A are Jeff Kovski (Prisoner, Neighbours, Blue Heelers), and Peter O'Brien. Yes they are from Neighbours but I can think of a few Neighbours actors who I would love in H&A. Robert Forza and Gary Files or Alan Hopgood.

I was hoping to see Peter Phelps in Home and Away ?

I know there are several theatre actors in Australia who I'm sure could've played any role in Home and Away but it appears that they prefer to stay in theatre. 

8 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

I just read that Sam Barlow who killed his wife in 1988. and went to jail turned up five years later as Matthew Thompson. No idea who Matthew is but didn't anybody recognise him as the man who killed his wife? 

Did anybody remember the fight scene between Sam and Tom? ?? the best part was the guys sitting around asking them to break up the fight ?????

Archived