Hello! I'm new here and would like some help with some unanswered questions :)

Summer's Bay

1 hour ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

Alf's age has always been a cause for contradiction. Publicity material says November 1946. But in the show he was 45 in April 1988, and in 1993 his DOB was 19 January 1943, which ties in beautifully with his 1988 age. But in April 1995 he is said to be 47 (born 1947/1948) and then has his 60th in July 2005. The Stewarts are Summer Bay royalty so maybe Alf has 2 birthdays.

I think the Home and Away writers had a problem with ages and birthdays in general. Bobby mentioned to Lynn that Alan is her age yet Alan said he was repeating the HSC thus meaning he was a year older than Bobby. Roo was 17 in 1988 but 19 in 1989

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

I think the Home and Away writers had a problem with ages and birthdays in general. Bobby mentioned to Lynn that Alan is her age yet Alan said he was repeating the HSC thus meaning he was a year older than Bobby. Roo was 17 in 1988 but 19 in 1989

In 1988, Don said he had been a teacher for 25 years and 7 years later he had his 50th birthday in 1995. So that makes him 18 when he first started teaching. I suppose he was a student teacher.

Tom Fletcher had his 40th birthday in Jan 1988 yet was 42 in Sep 1989 and his grave said he was born March 1947.

58 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

TBF, Roo was sailing close to 18 and had a 1970 birthdate.

According to the Bobby Simpson story (which I am  assuming has affiliation to the show since it appears to be official merchandise) I ready, Roo is two months younger so she would've been born early 1971 since Bobby's birthday is Dec 1970 and  Alf mentioned she was 19, early 1989

36 minutes ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

In 1988, Don said he had been a teacher for 25 years and 7 years later he had his 50th birthday in 1995. So that makes him 18 when he first started teaching. I suppose he was a student teacher.

Tom Fletcher had his 40th birthday in Jan 1988 yet was 42 in Sep 1989 and his grave said he was born March 1947.

:lol:

I am starting to wonder if the writers think the audience is silly or if this is intentional.

I am inclined to believe a student teacher would've had some university background before being out into a work placement. However one can assume that Donald came to Summer Bay after his degree (maybe 22/23)because he met and married a young Barbara Stewart. However this theory doesn't make sense either because Alan is one year older than Bobby and Barbra said she was on holiday in school when Bobby was born...such a mess with the inconsistency

8 minutes ago, Summer's Bay said:

According to the Bobby Simpson story (which I am  assuming has affiliation to the show since it appears to be official merchandise) I ready, Roo is two months younger so she would've been born early 1971 since Bobby's birthday is Dec 1970 and  Alf mentioned she was 19, early 1989

:lol:

I am starting to wonder if the writers think the audience is silly or if this is intentional.

I am inclined to believe a student teacher would've had some university background before being out into a work placement. However one can assume that Donald came to Summer Bay after his degree (maybe 22/23)because he met and married a young Barbara Stewart. However this theory doesn't make sense either because Alan is one year older than Bobby and Barbra said she was on holiday in school when Bobby was born...such a mess with the inconsistency

This must mean that Don was older than 18 when he started teaching does it? He said "25 years of service" in March 1988. Putting 1963 as the year he started teaching. So if he had been teaching for 25 years in 1988, he'd be at least 46 or 47 in 1988 do you think?

23 minutes ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

This must mean that Don was older than 18 when he started teaching does it? He said "25 years of service" in March 1988. Putting 1963 as the year he started teaching. So if he had been teaching for 25 years in 1988, he'd be at least 46 or 47 in 1988 do you think?

Now I'm confused ???

Makes sense that he moved to Summer Bay after university at 22

So..are you going to answer my Frank question? ?

6 minutes ago, Summer's Bay said:

Now I'm confused ???

Makes sense that he moved to Summer Bay after university at 22

What is the confusion about?

Also in a 1991 episode he did say he "would be retiring in a few years anyway". If you go by his 1995 age (his 50th birthday, Feb 1995), he'd be just 46 in 1991, and surely a 46 year old head teacher would not be considering retiring yet.

7 minutes ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

What is the confusion about?

Also in a 1991 episode he did say he "would be retiring in a few years anyway". If you go by his 1995 age (his 50th birthday, Feb 1995), he'd be just 46 in 1991, and surely a 46 year old head teacher would not be considering retiring yet.

I was joking, I understand now

Where is Colleen Smart?

Has anybody read the Matt Wilson story? I didn't even he had one. I found the information below on the backtothebay site

Matt Wilson Story
Written by Anthony Ellis
Published by Fantail & Penguin Group in 1989

Covers Matt and his girlfriend who was sick - their relationship was forbidden. Never shown, as Matt was around 11 years old

Archived