Hello! I'm new here and would like some help with some unanswered questions :)

Summer's Bay

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Alf dating anybody now? Did he date after Ailsa died? 

I still can't get over that Hopeless Hicky is now the half sister of Pudge Stewart lol. I recently watched the episode where Morag met Lance and Martin for the first time in Alf's home and Martin called her "Morgue" and Lance corrected him and said her name is "Marge" lol- Good times 

What happened to Allison Patterson? 

28 minutes ago, Summer's Bay said:

Is Alf dating anybody now? Did he date after Ailsa died?

Nope, not dating anyone now. Did kiss Vinnie's mother, Stella at Vinnie & Leah's wedding, dated Colleen's daughter Maureen for a bit (but we'll just let the whole uncle/niece thing go, shall we? :wink:), and was with a con-artist in 2008 for some time, named Bridget Simmons. In 2010, he faked an engagement to Marilyn to shock Colleen, but since then, romance has pretty much been persona non grata to dear Alf :)

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Nope, not dating anyone now. Did kiss Vinnie's mother, Stella at Vinnie & Leah's wedding, dated Colleen's daughter Maureen for a bit (but we'll just let the whole uncle/niece thing go, shall we? :wink:), and was with a con-artist in 2008 for some time, named Bridget Simmons. In 2010, he faked an engagement to Marilyn to shock Colleen, but since then, romance has pretty much been persona non grata to dear Alf :)

Thanks! As long as he didn't run off with Pippa, I am good with "Single Alf"- Alf was quite the catch in the early years!

Alf and Sally's relationship, I watched the episode when she left Summer Bay and she mentioned something about Alf staying away, what was that about?

23 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

Thanks! I feel embarrassed that I don't know who Matt is (obviously not Matt from the early years) however I'm sure Roo didn't appreciate that remark!

Yes, different Matt.

5 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

Thanks! As long as he didn't run off with Pippa, I am good with "Single Alf"- Alf was quite the catch in the early years!

Alf and Sally's relationship, I watched the episode when she left Summer Bay and she mentioned something about Alf staying away, what was that about?

Well, they were never really single at the same time: Ailsa was still alive when Pippa left, and she's only made fleeting visits since!

It basically amounted to Alf and Sally finding it painful to see each other knowing they were soon going to have to say goodbye so they kind of avoided each other until right at the end.

1 hour ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Yes, different Matt.

Well, they were never really single at the same time: Ailsa was still alive when Pippa left, and she's only made fleeting visits since!

It basically amounted to Alf and Sally finding it painful to see each other knowing they were soon going to have to say goodbye so they kind of avoided each other until right at the end.

Thanks! 

Im assuming Alf took over the father figure role?

I mentioned in the other thread that if Kerry Mangel can return to Neighbours as another character after her passing, so can Bobby. I know Ailsa's Priest ex boyfriend returned as an another character and I believe Alan Fisher did too. 

When Frank returned, he mentioned that Pippa wrote and told him that Bobby was fostering, was it explained why she never told Frank about Greg? 

In the years that Steven was away at university, did he not visit home? 

In one of the episodes around Alan's death, Frank was reading " I'm ok, you're ok" by Thomas Harris, a really good book...but sort of random. Was this ever explained? 

20 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Yes, different Matt.

Which was really because Ray Meagher (Alf) had to go off to do panto, so his final scenes with Kate (Sally) were filmed in advance, hence we never see Alf interact with or appear in the same shot as Pippa, Steven, Carly or Floss in Sally’s final episodes. During the concert he’s even sat at the back so any shots of him were just slotted in.

I was thinking about some of the friendships we saw between the characters in the early days

Bobby and Narelle

Frank and Narelle

Bobby and Ailsa

Ailsa and Pippa

Frank and Phillip

Tom and Alf

Alan and Matt

Lance and Sally

Roo and Alison Patterson 

Celia and the lady she always calls first with the town gossip (I forgot her name!)

Did Carly eventually make any friends? 

Random observation

- Alan sold his van to Matt, the van was in the background outside the crematorium on the the day of Alan's funeral....but Matt was not actually at the funeral

11 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

I was thinking about some of the friendships we saw between the characters in the early days

Bobby and Narelle

Bobby and Ailsa

Ailsa and Pippa

Frank and Phillip

Tom and Alf

Alan and Matt

Lance and Sally

Roo and Alison Patterson 

Celia and the lady she always calls first with the town gossip (I forgot her name!)

Did Carly eventually make any friends? 

Random observation

- Alan sold his van to Matt, the van was in the background outside the crematorium on the the day of Alan's funeral....but Matt was not actually at the funeral

Celia's friend was Betty and after Celia left we never saw  her again By 2000 she had been killed off screen.

Archived