Strong women/men in H&A.

Homeandawayfan.

Old H&A fan, would you feel comfortable if you were in prison and your cell mate (who was much bigger and stronger than you) did them to you?

Harriett James, Mr Smithers kissed Sophie ONCE. It was an isolated incident. He had since apologised.

If you want to compare that to a situation in prison, a cellmate would be doing it far more and would certainly NOT be apologising or showing any remorse.....

.......so to answer your question: No. I would not feel comfortable if my cellmate (which I presume would be in an all-male prison) was kissing me the way Mr Smithers kissed Sophie if that's what you're referring to?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Old H&A Fan said:

.......so to answer your question: No. I would not feel comfortable if my cellmate (which I presume would be in an all-male prison) was kissing me the way Mr Smithers kissed Sophie if that's what you're referring to?

I was referring to all of things that Mr Smithers  did  that made Sophie feel uncomfortable. More so I was hoping that by having folks thinking about a scenario where they are on the receiving end of unwanted sexual attention by someone with an unequal power dynamic then they could have some understanding how Sophie would have felt.

Mr Smithers trying to sack Sophie is trying to get a new, more compliant victim or pressuring her to choose being sacked or  "joining him in the sack".

And the "piddly" things he did aren't so insignificant if you're on the receiving end. If he passed you something and his fingers brush your hand and you feel your skin crawl. If he looks at you and you know he's you picturing you naked so you feel ill. If you dread being alone with him... Imagine the discomfort - whether yours or hers.

• 6 months later...

I feel that the two strongest people I have seen on the show are Alf and Sally. Alf is able to survive over 30 years in one of the most dangerous places on Australia and still be one of the best. Sally wasn't on as long but she did suffered a lot and was able to keep moving on and earned her happy ending. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Alf- again with all of the crap that's happened in the Bay, he still calls it 'best flaming place in the world.'

Evie- lost nearly everyone she ever cared about and yet she still continues to be a good person. That takes a lot of strength. 

Robbo- he's had a very rough time and he's only been here for at least two years! And yet's he's still the likeable caring guy that made him my favourite. 

Maggie- the way she struggled through the whole cancer story was very touching and the way she continued to stay positive speaks volumes about her own strength. 

• 2 months later...
On 26/09/2017 at 12:40, BobbyFridge said:

Bobby was strong. Marilyn i think was a lot stronger than people would give her credit for as well. Shannon and Selina seemed like stronger teens unlike some of the ones that came before them such as the whiny Sophie and Carly. Angel is weak, whiny and needy as well.

Shane started out quite strong but marriage to Angel dragged him down. I think the strongest teen boy in the early years was probably Blake. Blake always took everything on the chin, including being caned!

Nicolle commented about this in an interview. She said along the lines of Bobby is strong but falls apart and is weak when she is in love. I also found it funny when Nicolle made a point to say that is not how she is in real life lol

• 4 weeks later...

When would you say Irene turned into a strong and fiery woman and became less comical and carefree?. 

I'd say about late 1999 onwards when Ken Smith arrived. It felt like now she had a man in her life and being like a step mum made her feel more of a mature person. 

Even though she was already showing signs of changing before that but it was slow process of becoming person she is today. 

Archived