I can't stand Angel

BobbyFridge

On 8/31/2017 at 01:35, BobbyFridge said:

yes lol, i heard she has been dismissive about the show since she left. I hate it when a star behaves like that about the show that launched their career, its ungrateful and nasty.

I think there is a difference between being ungrateful and being dismissive. For example, Neighbours stars Peter O'Brien and Natalie Imbruglia have considerably distanced themselves from the show and rarely (if ever!) talk about their time on the show, but I feel like Melissa George is quite "dramatic" when it is brought up. She may not like talking about it, but she could more diplomatically talking about or just keep it brief. 

On 3/18/2018 at 03:08, adam436 said:

I think there is a difference between being ungrateful and being dismissive. For example, Neighbours stars Peter O'Brien and Natalie Imbruglia have considerably distanced themselves from the show and rarely (if ever!) talk about their time on the show, but I feel like Melissa George is quite "dramatic" when it is brought up. She may not like talking about it, but she could more diplomatically talking abou t or just keep it brief. 

Melissa has sincerely apologised on more than one occasion for her attitude in the past regarding H&A. Move on.

The other people you mentioned aren't bombarded with questions about Neighbours anywhere near as frequently. It's not really up to her to keep it brief when she goes on a talk show and they have basically themed the entire segment about her being on H&A. There's not much she can do to "keep it brief." She could have been more diplomatic but she's human and she lost her temper. Big deal.

To be honest I think if anyone's being dramatic it's fans who are  still criticizing her years later for having one epic rant which was a) badly judged on her part but understandable, and b) she has more than apologised for.

2 hours ago, Sally Keating said:

Melissa has sincerely apologised on more than one occasion for her attitude in the past regarding H&A. Move on.

The other people you mentioned aren't bombarded with questions about Neighbours anywhere near as frequently. It's not really up to her to keep it brief when she goes on a talk show and they have basically themed the entire segment about her being on H&A. There's not much she can do to "keep it brief." She could have been more diplomatic but she's human and she lost her temper. Big deal.

To be honest I think if anyone's being dramatic it's fans who are  still criticizing her years later for having one epic rant which was a) badly judged on her part but understandable, and b) she has more than apologised for.

Sorry but it's the fan's right to criticise her for her appalling attitude i for one don't appreciate being told to "Get over it"

6 hours ago, Bobby Forever Missed said:

Sorry but it's the fan's right to criticise her for her appalling attitude i for one don't appreciate being told to "Get over it"

You can criticize anyone you want for anything you want, you don't need to be a fan. We all have the right to criticize.  That doesn't make you immune from having it pointed out when those criticisms are unreasonable.

She could have been more diplomatic about it but from what I can see, she's not the most likable character anyway. I can understand why she'd get annoyed about being asked so much about a show she acted in when she was a kid. I get similarly irritated when I see interviews with musicians/actors who only get asked about something they did years ago. Nobody wants to be defined by something they did years ago. 

21 hours ago, Bobby Forever Missed said:

I'm not sure I understand some fan's sense of entitlement...How long does a fan have an alleged right over a former character on a show they watched?

It's blown out of proportion - she has spoken about the show both (recently) before and after. The so called journo is largely responsible for the issue - they asked her on the show to talk about McHappy Day, not home and away then badgered her, until she reacted. I fail to understand fans being offended by the comments made - she was having a go being expected to promote a show she was on a very long time ago - seriously it was last century... it's no longer relevant to her life, and

Archived