I think Maddy should have been killed off along with Hannah and Oscar ?.

j.laur5

After rewatching episodes in the caravan disaster I reckon it would made good drama for Evie to have lost her best friend along with her twin and Aunt. 

It would have been drama for Roo to lose someone "like a daughter to her" and for Matt to deal with the loss of a loved one. Maybe we could have seen Matt struggle not to turn back to being dark and want revenge. 

Given Maddy left not long afterwards it's a wonder they didn't kill her off. 

Well, as a huge Maddy fan, I have to disagree: I'd rather they'd kept Oscar alive as well and had them leave together! I get that there was dramatic potential in the idea but given how much misery seemed to be foisted on the characters around that time, I was quite relieved that Maddy actually had a reasonably positive exit.

• 10 months later...

On one hand, there is a lot of potential with it, and it is an interesting idea, but on the other, Red does make a good point in that there was enough misery happening without having another person dying. Evie has gone through enough.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 08/09/2018 at 15:25, LulaRose said:

They should have kept her and Oscar together and just had them leave together. It was silly to break them up just to have her run straight to Matt, Kill Oscar, take her arm and then have her leave 5 minutes later.

I agree! I think they really retconned her feelings for Oscar and I just didn't buy it. I feel like after they broke up and she got with Matt the writers sort of made it seem like she hadn't been truly IN love with Oscar but I don't buy that. It's not that I disliked her with Matt, but it was sudden. One minute she only showed her feelings for Oscar and then the next she's madly in love with Matt. And they built Oscar and Maddy up for ages as well! 

Archived