Release

Ludub

Great chapter

haha half naked kids running around :lol:

Phoebe as a mum can't say I can picture that.

oh Anna just shut up already :lol:

I had a feeling Ricky's big announcement was she got engaged.

Update again soon :)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Certainly chaotic but Josh seemed to manage it okay.Nice to get an update on all the characters: Darcy still seems sweet despite Heath not liking her choice of boyfriend.Phoebe helping Kyle and Ben have children is an interesting idea, guess it's a nice halfway house for her.

Hi folks. Apologies to anyone that has actually been following this story, but I don't think I'm going to continue posting it on the site. I think I might just write it for myself. There just doesn't seem to be a great level of interest and it's a lot of time and effort to put into something to get so little feedback. I probably should have left things as they were with Caged. Thank you to you lovely people who did take the time to write constructive comments though. As always, they were very much appreciated.

Sorry you feel like that.I guess there's always going to be stories that get more interest than others, and sequels can be an awkward thing when it comes to attracting new readers.Is there any chance you could post the rest of it if you do get round to finishing it for yourself?

So your realeasing this story into story heaven are you? Sad that's my last pun for you..

But joking aside your stories are one of the main reasons I like this site.. Without them I don't think this site would be half as intesting to me. I for one really enjoy them and hopefully that comes across in my comments that I leave.. In truth you are one of those writers who's creativity that inspire me.

So yews if you were to carry on I read it but its lot of work if you just aren't feeling that drive to carry on

Aww sorry to hear that, I can completely understand that, it can be a lot of work, I feel like that as well and that's why I don't post as  frequently as I want to. Do you think you'll be starting a new story? I just love your stories. 

No, no new story. I'll finish Spiked, and I might finish driftwood, because I hate that I just left it hanging like that. But after that, I think I'll take a break. At the risk of going on a rant, I'll say the main reason I'm quitting this story is that I'm disappointed with the fanfic section of the forum in general. I have more of the story written, I'm just not going to post it. I don't know about other writers, but my chapters take hours of my time. They're a labour of love. Each one probably takes about 4 days of writing and rewriting. I do it because I really enjoy it, but maybe I could find a more rewarding outlet. Actually, I have no doubt of that. On here, you post your chapter, and a few people take the time to write real comments, another handful write things like 'great chapter, update soon' (which is against the fanfic section rules, by the way), and the rest just read it and think they don't have to say anything. I think it's a sad thing that people (not just me) are putting time and energy into writing this stuff when people don't even take the time to write a few sentences. It wouldn't kill them. I'm not sure some people even really read the stories before they comment though.  It's all very disheartening. And I'm talking in general about the fanfic section. About the comments I see on other people's stories. I'm not saying you should have to read every story that pops up. It's okay to pick and choose what interests you. If you don't read a story that's fine, but if you do, you should leave some sort of feedback when you have time. And maybe it shouldn't always be positive? Maybe we could all do with some constructive criticism? Getting nothing back is soul destroying. If I read your story, I will usually comment, and I will always try to say something meaningful. I don't see the point otherwise. It's sometimes worse to see a notification of a comment and then it's something like 'update soon' because, really, why should I bother? If people keep taking the writers on here for granted, there won't be any decent writers left. I'm sad about it, because I did very much enjoy writing on here, but I think the fact that long term contributors are all taking a step back is an indicator of a much bigger problem on here. Anyway, sorry about the rant but I don't think I've said anything that isn't true.

Archived