What have been the saddest Home and Away storyline for you to watch?

sallyandflynnfan

The aftermath of Bobby's death, especially for Don and Adam.

Flynn's death brought in the awards as Shane's did.

Sal's leaving but I knew she's be back one day.

Miles finally letting go of his visions of Rabbit (who was the manifestation of his grief over Kirsty losing their baby)

also, I missed Flynn's death first go (Unfortunate timing as it aired in the UK during the World Cup, I normally prioritize that event ahead of soaps) but caught the repeats years later.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

Miles finally letting go of his visions of Rabbit (who was the manifestation of his grief over Kirsty losing their baby)

also, I missed Flynn's death first go (Unfortunate timing as it aired in the UK during the World Cup, I normally prioritize that event ahead of soaps) but caught the repeats years later.

Rabbit was Miles dead daughter. He hallucinated about her... Had never got over her (and the mother's) death in the Tsunami. I think it was an odd storyline, didn't like it the way it was done. 

Some of the deaths H&A have done has been heartbreaking, but not all of them. It depends on how they were done. Flynn's funeral was sad but not his death episode I think. I think the ep when he died was overdone. I didn't like Belle's cancer storyline, but her last episode and the funeral was really sad and well done. And Shane's death was sad, and also scenes after his motorcycle accident. But also some scenes that were not about death at all have been heartbreaking. 

I think some of Aden's storyline were heartbreaking. Such as in 4665, when Larry came home from the hospital and Aden had to take care of him. The scene when they broke down and sat on the floor was heartbreaking. 

I also thought when Sally realised Miles was her twin was really touching. 

Season 2004 finale when Rick was all alone and lonely in the city. Really heartbreaking moment, and I wanted someone to come and comfort him. 

I also found scenes when Gina took Jett in very touching and heartbreaking, how he had to struggle with an addicted mother and had no one before Gina took care of him. 

Brodie's struggling after Miles' car crash and death was also heartbreaking. 

Josh West struggling after failing to rescue Charlotte Adams, he rescued her but she died anyway...... and he took it very hard. 

Seb loosing his mother and finding out Fischer was his grandfather. 

Some of the scenes after the explosion, Evie finding out that Oscar died, Andy regrets after Hannah died. The whole storyline could have been better, but some of the scenes were good and heartbreaking. 

Most of the time, the deaths are sad but don't really affect me too much. Especially the recent ones, I feel there have been so many deaths that I have been desensitised. 

Flynn's death - I cried even when watching the repeats years later (when the London Olympics was on). I liked Flynn but it was the impact on Sally and Pippa that really killed me. 

Belle's death - I didn't particularly like Belle, I just thought Amanda and Aden's grief was heart breaking. 

Aden breaking down over his abuse. They never managed to do portray any other the future "bad boys" with any of the complexity that they did! 

22 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Yeah Flynn was really sad

20 hours ago, Angelica said:

Most of the time, the deaths are sad but don't really affect me too much. Especially the recent ones, I feel there have been so many deaths that I have been desensitised. 

Flynn's death - I cried even when watching the repeats years later (when the London Olympics was on). I liked Flynn but it was the impact on Sally and Pippa that really killed me. 

Belle's death - I didn't particularly like Belle, I just thought Amanda and Aden's grief was heart breaking. 

Aden breaking down over his abuse. They never managed to do portray any other the future "bad boys" with any of the complexity that they did! 

Flynn is by far very sad he was a loved character who had am impact on so many people 

20 hours ago, Gerard said:

Dale's death was heartbreaking. Not sure I could watch that episode again.

Never seem the episode 

23 hours ago, jodlebirger said:

Rabbit was Miles dead daughter. He hallucinated about her... Had never got over her (and the mother's) death in the Tsunami. I think it was an odd storyline, didn't like it the way it was done. 

Some of the deaths H&A have done has been heartbreaking, but not all of them. It depends on how they were done. Flynn's funeral was sad but not his death episode I think. I think the ep when he died was overdone. I didn't like Belle's cancer storyline, but her last episode and the funeral was really sad and well done. And Shane's death was sad, and also scenes after his motorcycle accident. But also some scenes that were not about death at all have been heartbreaking. 

I think some of Aden's storyline were heartbreaking. Such as in 4665, when Larry came home from the hospital and Aden had to take care of him. The scene when they broke down and sat on the floor was heartbreaking. 

I also thought when Sally realised Miles was her twin was really touching. 

Season 2004 finale when Rick was all alone and lonely in the city. Really heartbreaking moment, and I wanted someone to come and comfort him. 

I also found scenes when Gina took Jett in very touching and heartbreaking, how he had to struggle with an addicted mother and had no one before Gina took care of him. 

Brodie's struggling after Miles' car crash and death was also heartbreaking. 

Josh West struggling after failing to rescue Charlotte Adams, he rescued her but she died anyway...... and he took it very hard. 

Seb loosing his mother and finding out Fischer was his grandfather. 

Some of the scenes after the explosion, Evie finding out that Oscar died, Andy regrets after Hannah died. The whole storyline could have been better, but some of the scenes were good and heartbreaking. 

I know who Rabbit was but all the Kirsty mess was the catalyst for the visions, losing another child, etc. Poor Miles never had luck with children. Though I figure Leah's miscarriage was to facilitate his departure.

I personally think Flynn's was well-handled, better that than him dying in hospital hooked up to machines.

16 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

I know who Rabbit was but all the Kirsty mess was the catalyst for the visions, losing another child, etc. Poor Miles never had luck with children. Though I figure Leah's miscarriage was to facilitate his departure.

I personally think Flynn's was well-handled, better that than him dying in hospital hooked up to machines.

Yeah i agree with the flynn stuff we really settled well

On 8/13/2017 at 9:23 PM, CaptainHulk said:

The Edward stuff was pretty heavy too. Not just the breakdown but the makeup removal towards the end of his stint.

That was a very good storyline.  I think I really loved the devotion of those two young people through a real tragedy.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived