When did Alf become the show's linchpin?

adam436

Ray is 73 I wonder if he will leave Home and Away at 75 like Lyn Collingwood aka Colleen Smart .

Although I read online an article 2 years ago saying

“I’ve got no plans to leave unless something really unforeseen happens.”

I always saw Alf as a linchpin and always saw Ailsa as a matriarch. I thought Pippa was never as prim and proper like Ailsa was and expressing Debra Pippa as Debra Pippa could be  rough around edges  and not always be as  well mannered as Ailsa or Helen from Neighbours.

I don't think him being a linchpin or backbone is an issue, but I feel the character is not used to his full potential. They rarely mention his PTSD now, and he doesn't mention he goes to a dawn service. I would love to see him get involved in a Keep Summer Bay Beautiful type thing to reduce litter and waste, I feel he should be out more in the community doing initiatives, have him be an advisor to Council let him keep them in check, He always seems to be in a drama, helping roo, going to Diner or Surf Club or going Fishing. It was great when he owned a store and was doing more, I think that is what they need. His contract is up for renewal soon, so he could leave next year, though I doubt it.

8 hours ago, David Deex said:

I don't think him being a linchpin or backbone is an issue, but I feel the character is not used to his full potential. They rarely mention his PTSD now, and he doesn't mention he goes to a dawn service. I would love to see him get involved in a Keep Summer Bay Beautiful type thing to reduce litter and waste, I feel he should be out more in the community doing initiatives, have him be an advisor to Council let him keep them in check, He always seems to be in a drama, helping roo, going to Diner or Surf Club or going Fishing. It was great when he owned a store and was doing more, I think that is what they need. His contract is up for renewal soon, so he could leave next year, though I doubt it.

Who's the town mayor now? I remember him running against John and lost, then I think around time I stopped watching John lost it to Harvey didn't he? Who took it after him? Making Alf mayor would be a good way to go

On 09/08/2017 at 9:38 PM, project90 said:

Who's the town mayor now? I remember him running against John and lost, then I think around time I stopped watching John lost it to Harvey didn't he? Who took it after him? Making Alf mayor would be a good way to go

From memory he ran against Josh West and lost (he was also framed by Josh for fraud and did a stint in jail). I don't remember Alf running against John but Martha did and lost. John got sacked when Harvey revealed he was taking bribes( John believeing it was innocent). Then Harvey ran for mayor. Alf ran against him and lost.

I think John and Harvey were just on the council, not mayor. In fact, I seem to recall there was a mayor around at the same time as Harvey, who may have been the same mayor whose niece Harvey was dating, and I think it turned out he'd rigged the election to get Harvey elected but Harvey got the blame and got thrown off.And I should probably look this up to make sure I'm not getting things wrong...

Archived